Sunday, April 3, 2011

You brighten my day

Happy Sunday morning my friends! Did you know that there is a sale going on over at The Craft's Meow! From now through Tuesday, April 5th you'll get 20% off your entire purchase. Just enter the code AprilShowers at checkout. Lisa has also added the three wee stamp sets designed by Claire Brennan of Waltzingmouse Stamps to the store, so you can now purchase them with or without the kits. And there is always Little Frieda there as well. :) I used Little Frieda & Lulu mischief on my card today. It's a complete scene all in one stamp but for this card I chose to put the focus on Frieda and her birdie friend by cropping it into a circle. Makes for a pretty versatile stamp, don'tcha think? ;) I was also playing around with a color combo that's not one I use much and I really like how the shots of yellow tie back to the sentiment. I don't know why but something about these colors makes me think of a country kitchen and I can totally picture Frieda there. Okey dokey, I'm off to work once again... don't forget that there is still time to get entered into the Sweet November candies below. Winners will be announced tomorrow! Toodles! Supply list: cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It paper- Fancy Pants (black), October Afternoon (red), American Crafts (yellow) stamps- The Craft's Meow (Little Frieda & Lulu mischief), Hero Arts (sentiment) ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown Prima flowers Kaiser Craft pearls buttons ribbon Fiskars border punch October Afternoon journaling card Copic markers: skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20 hair- E07, E09, E19, E18, YR14 everything else- Y13, Y15, Y18, Y17, C0, C1, C3, C5, C7, C9, R24, R27, E19, E30, E31, E35, E40, E41, 0, B0000, B000

20 comments:

Moni said...

So beautiful, lovely image and great details. Hugs,moni

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is so adorable! I wouldn't think to put yellow and red together, but it so works in this case. It does look like she is in a country kitchen. She is very sweet with her yellow birdie. It kind of also reminds of Kirt from Glee.. :O) Have a super Sunday and a great day at work. Hugs, Lisa

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Amy! I love the colours!!

Nancy Thomas said...

Pretty - I like the color combo and that you pared down the image.

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card Amy - I must check out that image, Jo x

Quie said...

Once again your card looks beautiful

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card.

Stamping Cafe said...

This is beautiful, Amy! Love the color combo, and all the flowers... you always have the perfect details!!

Nikki said...

What a gorgeous card :) love how you colored her
hugs Nikki C

RiNNE said...

What an adorable card for Frieda! She looks right at home with all the regal reds. Beautiful creation!

Chelsea said...

This is soooo cute love that you used just a small section of this image!

Larisa said...

Very nice girl with bird))) Nice job) Love the yellow on brown. This looks so bright!!! Great!)

Shazza said...

so cute x

Robin said...

Really great colour combo... and love the red hair!!!
Robin

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, love your colour combo ... very bright and summery xxx Have a nice day at work... It's my turn tomorrow aaarrghhh

Unknown said...

This is so pretty, Amy! Love all the flowers.

1LuvnMama said...

Wow Amy! Luv the cropping you did on Frieda! I can't wait to ink my Frieda up. :) Hope you had a restful weekend!

Juls said...

such a gorgeous card!!!! Love it!! Hugs Juls

Sudha said...

Wow, awesome creation dear.

Tasha said...

Super cute card! Such happy colours and such an awesome design
love tasha xx