Saturday, April 23, 2011

You make me smile

Ahhhh... say hello to the weekend with me. Doesn't that feel good? ;)

So I was blog surfing the other day and came across some super cute fairy images that I just had to track down. My search finally led me to Deb's Creations, the home of the Emerald Faerie Garden. By now you've probably figured out that I'm quite partial to the wee fairy folk so it is no surprise that some of these cuties absolutely stole my heart. Now normally I would have gone for the rubber stamp versions but seeing as how these little guys would have to fly all the way from Australia I knew that I was just too impatient for that. It's times like this when I really appreciate having the digi option for instant gratification.

The first one to flitter onto one of my cards is Ebony. She actually comes hugging the stem of a large mushroom but I thought that by simply fussy cutting her out she could look like she is sitting on the ribbon, shyly smiling as the butterflies tickle her ears. I paired her with the Basic Grey Hello Luscious papers because they looked like a whimsical garden to me. And all of those colors in it were fun to try and match with my Copics when coloring Ebony up.
I'm also entering my card into this week's Flutter By challenge which is an open one. I'm sure that Ebony will be able to make a friend or two while hanging out there. ;)

Alrighty, I'll catch ya later my stampin' sistahs! :)
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Basic Grey (Hello Luscious)
digi stamp- Deb's Creations (Emerald Faerie Garden Ebony)
stamp- Paper Trey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Maya Road leaf stick pins
crinkled ribbon (from Kiara)
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E01, E11, E13, R00, R20
hair- E44, E47, E49
clothes- G20, G40, YG01, RV17, RV19, RV69, BG11, BG13, BG18, Y02, Y04, Y08, RV11, RV32, RV34, Y0000, Y000, 0, YR12, YR14, G0000, G000, G00

29 comments:

chrilvian said...

hihi what is adorable sweet image
and the colours are perfect

Unknown said...

awww what a darling, love the colours, so bright and fun. Happy Easter xx

Larisa said...

wow!!! it is fantastic!!! Very very beautiful image! I want the same one!!! I am really mad about this sort of Elves)))

Hlora said...

It is very beautiful)) The colouring is super!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is super cute. She really is sweet looking and I love how you have colored her. I hope that you have a great day. Aaaaw finally a day off to rest. Hugs, Lisa

Renkata said...

ohh yes they are simply so cute!
Your card is very happy!

cardmaking bird said...

What a beautiful card. Such lovely bright colours! Hugs, Marie x

Mette said...

Absolutely adorable card Amy. Love the sweet colours and details. I love the Emerald fairies too - they just have the sweetest of faces.
Hope you have a wonderful Easter.

Hugs, Mette

Robin said...

Such a sweet little fairy!!! Happy Easter!
Robin

RiNNE said...

Happy weekend indeed!! Awesome, magical card! I am in looooove with the colors and flowers!!!

Alyssa S said...

So glad you found the emerald faeries! You did a fabulous job with little miss ebony! Beautiful card :-)

Tress said...

So sweet! I love how you altered the image and sat her among the flowers. Perfect!

cowboydutrem said...

Love that fairy's face! Great card!

Maria Therese said...

How cute!!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

How incredibly sweet! She looks so huggable! Great flowery card, Amy :)
Enjoy your weekend!!!
hugs, margie

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling!

Shirley N said...

Ohhh, I love the colors and all the scattered flowers on this one Amy, and your cute image really makes me smile! Have a great weekend and Happy Easter Amy!

Loz said...

oh, so pretty Amy. Have a lovely Easter ♥

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous Amy. Deb would be over the moon that you used one of her fairies. Gorgeous that you cut the mushroom out. Look awesome.
mwah
Trace

1LuvnMama said...

Awww, sweet Amy! Luv the flowers and the colors . . . you are a such the artist! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Happy Easter!

Danni said...

So far I have resisted these fairies but I think they might have to flutter my way soon!
Fabulous card, so sweet! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Kellie said...

OH wow girl this is absolutely AMAZING as always breath taking!

HUgs,
Kellie

Deb Mitchell said...

Ohhhhh Amy, this card is just breath taking Hun- how beautiful & I love how you have lil Ebony sitting there- she looks so cute! Stunning work Hun, you are such a sweetie too!

Hugz, Deb xoxo

Debbie Pamment said...

Ooooh Amy - you've done an awesome job with this wee fairy folk! I was smitten by them too when I saw them - you really rocked this cutie!
xXx

donna mikasa said...

Such a sweet fairy! Love how you altered her, and the colors and embellies are perfect!

Leanne said...

I love these images too. I don't have any, but you've certainly inspired me to change my mind. Love the scene you created and I think your alteration is perfect, you are the queen of alterations after all. :) This definitely makes me smile. :) TFS!

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... this just makes me smile, Amy! So pretty and girly with all the elements I love! Love seeing you using all the crinkly ribbons, I think it's time to send you some more! :)

Laetitia said...

Your card is A-MA-ZING!!! I love your paper, so colourful and summer-like. The fairy makes me smile, and the sentiment goes so well with it. Lovely choice of embellishments too. Really beautiful.
Laetitia xx

Tasha said...

Oh my this card suits the sentiment because it definately is a smiley card! Beautiful
love tasha xx