Wednesday, April 20, 2011

You make life fun

Hey there!

Can I just say that there was way less music than I expected on Glee last night, especially considering that the episode was about a concert fundraiser? Sure it was cool to see and hear Sunshine again but the whole whole hour seemed pretty light on the tunes... and on the male vocals. But at least we have 90 minutes to look forward to next week AND Kurt will be back at McKinley! Happy dance!

Ok, ok, that's enough Glee chatter for the moment... time to move on to my card for today. ;)
We have a new Wednesday Challenge up over at All That Scraps and it is to create your own flower accents. Punches, dies, rolled ribbon... whatever crafty way you can think of creating some special blossoms for your card or project, we want to see them! This was a great excuse for me to pull out my MFT rolled rose die once again and make a fun felt rose to match the MME papers I used. Yes, they are Stella & Rose scraps for the second time this week but you are just going to have to humor me... at least until I can get my hands on the NEW My Mind's Eye Lime Twist mini paper pads that are due to release soon, woot woot!

I also used another of the Sweet November Zodiac girls stamps in a non-zodiac way. This one was easy because all I had to do was snip off Gemini's necklace and it easily became to friends hanging out together having fun. I was in a bit of a rush to get this colored up so I feel like I could have done a bit better on their hair but other than that I'm pretty happy with how this came out. :)

Alrighty, if you would like to play along for the prize this week just remember that in order to be eligible to win, your project must include a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10pm est and only one entry per person please!

Later gators!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- My Mind's Eye (Stella & Rose)
stamps- Sweet November (Gemini Zodiac Girl), Paper Trey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
My Favorite Things rolled rose die
Prima leaves
Kaiser Craft gems
Making Memories stick pins
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin (both)-E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, R22, R32, R35
eyes-B34, B37, B39, 100
eyes- E35, E57, E59, 100
hair- E25, E27, E29, E59
hair- E50, E51, E53, 0
shirts- BG02, BG05, B05, YG95, YG97, YG99
background- E81

7 comments:

RiNNE said...

What a beautiful flower you made!!! I thought it was store bought yet still had the appeal of a lovely homemade project! The Gemini girls are wonderful on this- the coloring is tremendously good!!

I thought Glee was just ok too. I got most excited about: 1. Shuester and sub teacher breaking up. And 2. the annulment of somebody's marriage!!! :) :) :)

Nancy Thomas said...

Gorgeous Amy - love the Gemini stamp used as friendship card - and I think their hair looks beautiful. And I'm with you - I "might" stop using these MME pads only when the new ones come out!

Shaela said...

Love your card, the flower you made is beautiful! I just ordered my first ATS stamps this week, so hopefully I can start playing along with some of the challenges. :)

Tasha said...

Such a beautiful card Amy, loving the flower abd scattered gems they give such a beautiful finish. Fab colours too
love tasha xx

Danni said...

Beautiful card!!

P.S. take a peek at the FBW blog...hint, hint!

Leanne said...

Amy, this is beautiful!! I love how you've used the Geminis as two different people. Genius!! That is such a pretty felt flower and the burlap is a nice touch. Another gr8 card! :)

Sudha said...

Lovely creation dear.