Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sending smiles

Ahhhhhh... did you hear that sigh coming from my direction? I've got a couple days off starting today and I am so looking forward to working on some of my own 'gotta get done' things and then hopefully relaxing a bit afterwards. :) That is one of the reasons why I am going to get straight to my card for the day. It is a total mish-mash of a bunch of different paper scraps that I thought looked pretty together... simple as that, LOL! Though I did have some drama while coloring up this cute pie. Ya see, she was all colored in with my Copics but I wanted to add some white polka dots to her dress. So I grabbed a white Sharpie and no problemo, they looked great. Then I got the brilliant idea to add some white along the bottom of her dress to look like a bit of trim. Everything was fine until I got to her legs and the white ink bled down on to them. Grrrrrr! I didn't want to re-stamp and color a whole new image so instead I added a bit more white then drew in some lines to try to make them look like bloomers or pantaloons peeking out beneath her dress. Meh, I usually try to turn these kinds of situations into 'happy accidents' but this one is just squeaking by as an 'embellishment opportunity'. Oh well, ya can't win them all, LOL! Other than all of that though, I do like how this one came together. :) Alrighty friends, time for me to scoot. I am hoping that this post actually works like normal once I hit publish... for some reason Blogger has been giving me fits this past week by running my sentences and paragraphs all together and I can't figure out how to fix it. It's been driving me nuts I tell ya! Toodles! Supply list: cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It paper- October Afternoon (text and red), Kaiser Craft (blue grid), My Mind's Eye (green and blue stripe) stamps- My Favorite Things (You're so tweet Pure Innocence), Hero Arts (sentiment) ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown Little Yellow Bicycle doily Kaiser Craft gems October Afternoon journaling card White Sharpie Copic markers: skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20 hair- C5, C7, C9 everything else- R46, R59, E18, W5, W7, W9, BG70, BG72, BG53, R32, R43, YG03, YG25, R30, B00

25 comments:

RiNNE said...

Teehee...I do like your happy accident too. Love her *bloomers.*. Wouldn't it be easier if Copics worked well w/ other supplies? :). The card/ design is super adorable. Enjoy your days off!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Wow your mish mash is astounding!

Nancy Thomas said...

I love the bloomers - they are a really cute addition to her dress. I'm trying to resist this P.I. but you aren't making it easy! Beautiful card. Enjoy your time off.

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

Your coloring keeps amazing me. that little dress is WOW!!!
Hugs
Marion

Hlora said...

Very good cherry card! Love the paper with red print on) It is so beautiful)

Larisa said...

Fantastic card again Amy))) Love all your cards!

Lau W said...

The colouring is fabulous, such a pretty card Amy !
xxx

Renkata said...

Hi Amy, such a cutie, I love her red dress.

Andrea C said...

So gorgeous and yum-tastic x

Dotty Jo said...

Such a happy accident - those bloomers are CUTE! Jo x

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card sweetie!!

1LuvnMama said...

OH I luv your mish mash of papers
Amy! Her little dress is gorgeous in deep reds too. Here's to having a relaxing day to do your "things"! Well, hopefully relaxing as I know you'll want to get lots done! :)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

So sweet! I adore her lil bloomers peeking out! Adorable card all around :)

ChickieChirps said...

Definitely a happy accident Amy as the bloomers look great! Awesome card!

Arabella

Joy said...

what a sweet card! love what you did with all those different scraps! so festive! love your coloring and thanks for sharing that little mishaps! it turned out perfectly fine and I wouldn't have known...lol! love the cherries too! happy Tuesday!

Shirley N said...

OMGosh I love how you colored her--love the deep red with white dots, gorgeous! And love her pantaloons too--if I could draw, I'd add those too, so cute! Beautiful design and I always love your scattered gems! Enjoy your days off Amy!

Danni said...

You are so clever and talented to fix an ink bleed like that. Super cute card!

Tasha said...

Amy you rock girl, i wish i had even half your talent, no way could i turn an accident into something that looks awesome and if it should be there! She looks totally cute in those bloomers. Such a cute card, the doily looks fab too
love tasha xx

Mimi said...

Hi Amy! Love your mish mash of papers, they do look great together! And the happy accident turned out so adorable! Enjoy your days off! ;)

Alice said...

love how you colored her dress, Amy! such a yummy red. love love this darling card!

gobeagirl said...

Miss Amy. She is very sweet and I personally love her little bloomers. Even though it may have started out as a mess up I think you have nailed it into a positive. Just adorable and for all the scraps you would never know they weren't made to go together. lol...Love this card. Have some fun on your days off. Hugs, Lisa

Leanne said...

You always know how to work the paper to make the card.. This is another one of those times. Faaabulous!!! And great save!! Hope you get to relax, you deserve it. ;)

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... this is as sweet as can be, Amy!! Fabulous mix of dps, and her red dress is amazing! I hope you are enjoying your day off, hugs!!

MicheyMoo said...

Her "bloomers" are the bestest!! Of course they look like they were supposed to happen!! Your shading on her dress is exquisite Amy - I hope I grow up to be a colourer like you some day. ;) xx

Melissa S said...

Oh my I love the doily and all the red!