Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sweet November spotlight on Alice!

Hello, hello, hello!

Today it is my great pleasure to shine the Sweet November Guest Gal spotlight on a super inspiring card maker and Copic wiz... Alice Wertz!
I have long been a follower of Alice's blog and her sweet style of card making is a wonderful mix of clean lines and smart design that is also full of charm and heart. This is a style that can be hard to achieve that perfect balance between yet Alice makes it look positively effortless. :)
And while her cards may subscribe to the 'less is more' approach, Alice's skills with Copic markers are phenomenally expressive! I love how she gives each character that she works with their own personality with just a few swipes of the marker. She is such a talent and I am just thrilled to have her joining Sweet November for the May previews!

Now it is time for Alice to answer the Sweet November questionnaire... which is always so much fun! :)

1) What color do feel represents your personality and why?
Hummm... I think it's yellow. You know, kind of gentle (or I try my best to be) and patient (also try very hard to be).

2) Is your style of dress/ home decor similar to your style of card making?
Not really. Our home decor is mostly earth tones with cream back drop and decorated with two cats. =) Hubby lived in it for a couple of years before we met, but I am slowly filling it up with my crafty goodies. LOL! As to my style of dress, it's really t-shirt + jeans most of the time.

3) What one thing always puts you in a good mood?
Reading books. I love reading and I am not doing it enough these days.

4) If you could visit any time in history when would it be?

16th century England. All the dramas going on in the royal palace is kind of fascinating to me. The glamorous fashion of that time is also worth living and really hope that I would land in a slightly well off family. =)

5) If you were a mythical creature ie. fairy, elf, mermaid, troll, wizard, witch etc., what kind would you be and why?
A fairy! I am kind of curious about how wings work, plus it sounds kind of fun to be able to fly around at will.

Bonus question
6) If you are a fellow Gleek, which character from McKinley High do you most identify with?
Huh? =)


Now take a look at this fabulous card featuring Jessamine that Alice created. I fell in love with the strip of pattern paper against the kraft background and knew that I wanted to do the same thing. For my card I chose to use Princess Lillianne and besides placing her on the opposite side of the card I stuck pretty closely to Alice's original design. The label shape behind Jessamine was also intriguing because that isn't a shape that I use often at all. In fact I had to pull out my Slice die cutting machine to get a similar look to the one that Alice used... thank goodness for that Noteworthy design card! ;)

Alrighty then, Alice will be joining Nancy, Rachel and myself in the May Sweet November sneak peeks starting tomorrow! We've got some 'berry' cute new friends that I can't wait to introduce you all to! :)


Supply list: cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Chatterbox (Cottage)
stamps- Sweet November (Princess Lillianne), Verve (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Martha Stewart border punch
Kaiser Craft gems
CC Designs dogwood flowers
Slice Noteworthy die cut
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E50, E51, E53
eyes- B24, B26
clothes- B0000, B21, 0, R11, R12, R20, R22, R24, YG03, YG95, YG97, YG99, Y13, Y21, Y26, Y28

25 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

I thought for sure that was a Nestie on your card, lol! But I was mistaken ;0) This is just adorable, love the soft color scheme and I've got Lillianne sitting out to use myself also!

chrilvian said...

ooooooooo they are so pretty

Lau W said...

Oh ! SUperb cards, so lovely !
xxx

Shaela said...

I agree - Alice is amazing!! Love BOTH of your cards, especially the whole funky label behind the character cutout. I think I'm going to case it too, haha. Oo, and I JUST got my first Sweet November stamps in the mail, hurray!! So I'll have to get inky soon. :)

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, such gorgeous cards.

Mette said...

Both cards are fabulous and such a fab idea. Will put that in my "inpiration" folder :).
Can't wait till tomorrow for the sneak peek.

Hugs, Mette

gobeagirl said...

Good morning my friend. I think that you both have come up with some simply wonderful cards. I so love that slip of dp with the craft card stock. What a great idea. I am actually starting to feel human once again. lol. Dr gave me a shot last night(early am) and a nebulizer treatment so I am hopefull. Have a great day. Hugs, Lisa

Hlora said...

They are so pretty !!

Tonje said...

Both cards are gorgeous!

Joy said...

sweet cards you ladies created! love the layout, DP and the images used. hope you have a wonderful week and had a fabulous Easter!

Shirley N said...

I'm a BIG fan of Alice's work, she'll do you proud for sure! Both cards are really beautiful. Can't wait for your sneak peeks!

Nancy Thomas said...

Both cards are gorgeous! Can't wait to see Alice's work on the sneak peeks.

donna mikasa said...

How fun to have Alice as a Sweet November gal! I love both of your styles and can't wait for the sneaky peeks!

1LuvnMama said...

What a great pick to have Alice as a SNS Gal! Luv her work and luv yours too! Can't wait to see the sneaky peeks Amy!

Leanne said...

Yay for Alice! She's awesome, but so are you with a marker. I love the layout for both of your cards and you both rocked the coloring. Will definitely have to try this CAS card. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us. Have a wonderful day!!! :)

Alice said...

awww... you are amazing, Amy!! love love the soft colors you used with kraft! YUM! =)

Debbie Pamment said...

Alice does such fabulous cards - I LOVE her style - but I just LOVE yours too! It's sooo great we have different styles or how boring life would be - at least that's what I tell myself when I try to emulate you two fabulous crafters - LOL
xXx

RiNNE said...

So darling!! I adore Alice's style as
Well!!! Love
The PP on kraft!!

Brenda said...

Both of these cards are darling. Lillian is still one of my fave images and Jessamine is gorgeous!!
I also love the strip of cardstock with the kraft paper! Gorgeous!
Bren

Stamping Cafe said...

Love both cards, Amy! So happy you picked Alice, she totally ROCKS!!

Sammi said...

oooh.. gorgeous!! LOVE Alice's work and you know I love yours hehe!
Sammi
xx

Allison said...

Beautiful cards, I love the use of the putting images over labels... less fancy cutting around the image is always good!

Unknown said...

awww wow these are fabulous cards .. well I think I just have to hop over to Alice now :) Xxx

serina said...

this card is so lovely!

scrapn_momof2 said...

Alice's cards are always so amazing!! These ones are no different.