Monday, April 25, 2011

Dance, dance, dance!

Good morning!
I hope that everyone enjoyed the weekend and are ready to greet this new week with a smile on their face. :)

If you are needing any help with that smile, maybe this card will do the trick... the bright cheery colors and happy look on Mae's little face sure make me grin. Today I am once again playing along with the Odd Girls as they focus on an individual stamp from the new release coming up on May 2nd each day this week. We are kicking previews off with Dancin' Mae and I get such a sense of joy from this image that it is hard not to dance right along side her for a bit! ;)
As I was digging through a bag of paper scraps, searching for the perfect background for Mae, I came across this crazy Sassafras paper. The vibe it created was just what I needed to help give this card an overall feel of euphoric happiness... ya know... that sense of being transported to a whole 'nother world where it is just you and the music... groovy! I think it works anyway! LOL :)

So be sure to head on over to the Some Odd Girl Blog everyday this week, April 25-30, to see Mae doin' her thang as well as all five of the other stamps as they are featured on their days. There are also many more chances to win, so don't miss out! All winners will be announced on release day, May 2nd, on the Some Odd Girl Blog.

Later gators! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper/stickers- Sassafras (Sweet Marmalade)
stamps- Some Odd Girl (Dancin' Mae and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
Kaiser Craft gems and rub-on stitches
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- Y38, YR04, YR18, E19, E18
clothes- BG45, BG49, BG18, Y13, Y15, Y17, R05, R08, E19, YG07, YG09, G07, Y38, YR04, YR18, BG000, C5, C7, C9

18 comments:

Larisa said...

Amy, very joyful card) it makes me smiling)) Great job)))

Crafty Lynz said...

This is really lovely! the colours are nice and summery! makes me want a bbq lol!!

xx

Louise said...

Very beautiful Amy!
Loving the bright happy colors and the image is too cute ;)
Stunning coloration :)
Hugs

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the explosion of color on this card Amy - it does put a smile on my face.

cowboydutrem said...

Thanks for the smile... That is a great cheerful card! And the hair... well as usual I love how you color hair!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE this!!!!! Such a fun and happy card Amy....miss you girl!! xoxoxo!

Leanne said...

WhooEE!!! I love it!! The pretty papers, your coloring of Mae and the scene is funky and fun!! I definitely have a big smile on my face right now. Thanks Amy!! Happy Monday! :)

Mette said...

Super card with lots of happy colours and details. And she sure looks like she's enjoying herself - love her.

Hugs, Mette

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... this is such a happy and sweet card, Amy!! I'm in love with this adorable image, and I love love love the sentiment... okay this is a must have for me, thanks for the enabling girl! :)

I can just look at your work all day, Amy!! Thank you for all the inspirations, you ROCK!!

Have a beautiful week, hugs!!

donna mikasa said...

Such a cheery card, Amy! Love the bright papers and Mae's red hair! Have a great week!

Chelsea said...

Soo cute and creative. Love the elements.

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is just adorable!I love all the colors and the way that you have colored her. Great red hair as always. Hope you are having a great start to your week. Are you excited about Glee tomorrow night? Oh I sure hope it is better than last weeks. Have a great Tuesday. Hugs, Lisa

1LuvnMama said...

OMG! That hair is to die for! In my dreams, right? :) Luv your card Amy, such a cheery, colorful masterpiece!

Saskia said...

Lovely, 'happy' card! :)

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh how can you NOT smile at this - it's full of fun and cheer - just gorgeous Amy!
xXx

RiNNE said...

So much fun!! It does put a smile on my face!! Dancing Mae is awfully cute and I adore that sentiment! The papers/ stickers/ design are wonderful!!

Pastila said...

Very very adorable work! Thank you for inspiration!

Tasha said...

WOW this is awesome AMy, love how you used those papers and the fab funky colours
love tasha xx