Saturday, April 16, 2011

I've got a play date...

with the Play Date Cafe challenge! Hi friends! So over on the TGF blog I saw that they are sponsoring the Play Date Cafe challenge this week and this was a new one to me. But as soon as I saw that it was a color combo challenge I knew that I wanted to play along, 'cause those are always a lot of fun! Their color story is green, white and a neutral... not as much color as I usually go for so that made it a real challenge and another way to shake things up a bit. Creeper Syren was singing her siren call to me and convinced me that this was just the card for her to live on and I was powerless to say no. ;) Isn't she a beauty? I fell in love with this little Creeper as soon as I laid eyes on her and I totally hope that she is just the first in a whole school of these finned Creeper gals (insert puppy dog eyes for Marie and Jess right here, LOL!) I colored her up in shades of green to go along with the challenge and even added a green pearl scepter for her to rule her undersea kingdom with. The rest is just a sheet of pattern paper that I stamped the bubbles, sentiment and sea horses onto. I think it makes for a pretty cool kelpy seabed home for miss Syren. All in all this was a fantastic challenge and I will definitely try to make time to join the PDCC fun again in future challenges. :) Toodles! Supply list: cardstock- Bazzill and PTI paper- BoBunny stamps- The Greeting Farm (Creeper Syren), Kraftin' Kimmie (seahorse, bubbles and shell), Inkadinkado (sentiment) Maya Road pearl stick pin Kaiser Craft pearls Prima crochet lace Copic Spica glitter pens Copic markers: skin- E0000, E000, E00, R00, R20, B00, YG11 hair- YG0000, YG00, YG01, YG06, YG03, YG07, YG09, 0 tail- YG21, YG13, YG23, G05, G07, G09, G29 everything else- E81, E87, E40, RV000, BG000

23 comments:

Tasha said...

WOW this is totally amazing Amy. The sentiment is so awesome as is the colourwork. Fab dp too
love tasha xx

cowboydutrem said...

Beautiful! love the simple color scheme...

♥Rach♥ said...

Oh WOW! Love the swirly papers and the fab greens you used on Syren! The seahorses and sentiment are perfect too, this looks sooooo awesome.

Alison said...

Love this! You colored your Creeper in fabulously! Love the senti! An awesome card, as always!

Chelsea said...

This is such a cute mermaid!

Nancy Thomas said...

I need that sentiment to go with your mermaid stamps! Very nice card - she looks good in all those greens.

Shirley N said...

Wow, first off, your coloring is so striking--she's gorgeous Amy! Your DP makes for a perfect kelp background and your seahorses and sentiment are so cute! Great card Amy!

SannaS said...

oh WOW!!! this absolutely stunning!!! LOVE it!! =)
hugs, SannaS

WickedPixie said...

Wowza! What a fantastic scene! I love how you made that sheet of paper the perfect underwater background and the scepter you gave her! Love it all! :-)Traci

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Amy, love the background and the colours are so pretty!
Clairex

Crafty Lynz said...

Awesome card! the image is really cute & I love the sentiment xx

Katie said...

Totally love this-- that scepter is genius! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration :)
xx Katie

Stamping Cafe said...

I'm not sure if I like the Creeper Mermaid, but you totally make the image shine! A super gorgeous card, Amy!!

Fiona said...

Amy this is such a fabby card! Great colouring too :) Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Play Date Cafe - hope to see you again!

Leanne said...

O yea, this is a beauty!! Perfect underwater scene to have Syren living in. Gorgeous Amy! So glad you got a chance to play. I'm going to try to keep up there as well. TFS! Hugs,

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I was just heading to bed and it occured to me that I never did get a chance to check out your card for today. This is so pretty, and just perfect for the challenge. I love how you have colored Syren and I really love the lace that you have used on the edge. Great card my friend. Hugs, Lisa

Sudha said...

Wow, gorgeous creation Amy.

RiNNE said...

Beautiful underwater scene!! Your seahorses are perfect!! And that sentiment is too cute!!

I ran into the same run-on sentence problem today the you've been having (no pun intended!). Try putting the HTML code < then b then r then > (take out the words then and put them all together with no spaces. That is a code for break and should put the next sentence in a different paragraph. Hope this helps!

Heidi Brawley said...

WOWZERS!!!!!! This is Awesome looking!!!!!!
hugs, heidi brawley

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! This is absolutely stunning! The pearl scepter is a great idea and the sentiment is just wicked.

Jinny Newlin said...

Ooooo! This is fabulous! That patterned paper couldn't be more perfect, and I'm lovin' all your shades of green! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH! Clever idea for this card and color story--love that patterned paper and that little mermaid is gorgeous:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Michele Gross said...

Oh She is gorgeous!! Love how you played the colors-what a lovely design! Glad you found us and hope to have you visit again at The Play Date Cafe!