Friday, April 15, 2011

Flutter by fun

TGIF my fellow stampers! I hope you have lots of fun crafty plans for this weekend. I'll be working but I still plan to get my stampin' on sometime in the evenings... so much to get ready for in the next couple weeks, what with new releases already sneaking up on us! I really can't wait to share all the cuteness with ya! :) In the meantime I'll enjoy playing along in a challenge or two... like my card today. Flutter By has a soft pastel color challenge going on this week and I had this new Peachy Pixie stamp by Christy Croll for Stamping Bella that looks super adorable in all those soft, pretty colors. I LOVE that Seuss-like branch she is sitting on so I decided to stamp parts of it up a couple more times to really fill out the crazy tree Peachy is resting in. I kept the over-all design fairly simple because I was so happy with how the scene turned out that I didn't want to take the focus off of it. A few pearls and butterflies was all this card needed in order to look finished and I really ♥ the end result. :) Ok, time for me to flitter off and get ready for the day... hugs! Supply list: cardstock- Bazzill and PTI paper- Basic Grey (green), K&Co (yellow) stamps- Stamping Bella (Peachy Pixie), Hero Arts (sentiment) ink- Memento tuxedo black, Ranger tumbled glass distress and Colorbox creamy brown Martha Stewart butterfly punch Kasier Craft and Zva pearls Copic markers: skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20 hair- RV00, RV10, RV11 everything else- YG0000, YG00, YG01, G20, G40, E30, E31, E34, G0000, G00

16 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Miss Amy, this is just adorable! I love the little scene that you have made. She looks so sweet just sitting there on her Suess tree. I love the papers and everything together. Boy is this a homerun. lol... Anyway, have a great Friday and I hope you don't work to hard on all your crafty previews. Maybe it will rain all weekend so that you don't feel bad about all the outside work that is coming our way. Hugs, Lisa

Leanne said...

OOOO!! I heart this a lot! I just got that stamp along with some wonderful SN releases and can't wait to ink them all up. This is so inspirational Amy. I love how you've scattered the branches, and those touches of pearls and butterflies is a wonderful touch. I was wondering if you had a tutorial on how you make those beautiful billowy clouds. Can you email it to me? quikhonu34{at}yahoo{dot}com? Have a fab day at work and a wonderful weekend!! TFS!!

Jacilynn said...

i love the soft pretty colors! super cute card

Unknown said...

Aaah this is so sweet, love the softness of the pretty colours. Have a nice weekend xxx

1LuvnMama said...

OH how adorable is this Amy! Luv how she's sitting on a limb. You know I likey the colors too! Have a relaxing weekend, or at least try to.

donna mikasa said...

What a fun, whimsical card! Love the pastels and the amazing sky background! Have a happy crafting weekend!

Maria Therese said...

Aww how cute!!

Tasha said...

Oh this is such a cutie! Great colour and layout
love tasha xx

Joy said...

love your card! that pixie is so cute! this card is so sweet. as always you make such fun background/scenes for your cards! have a fabulous weekend!

Shirley N said...

ahhh, she looks like she doesn't have a care in the world, just enjoying a gorgeous day. Pure sweetness Amy! Have a great weekend!

Mimi said...

Hi Amy! This is super cute!! Super sweet pixie and just love the way you made the scene. It's so carefree and serene...if I can only fly up away in a tree sometimes! Have a great weekend! ;)

Danni said...

Such a sweet card!! I like the added branches, adds so much to the final card! Fabulous! thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Stamping Cafe said...

WOW... the cloud background looks amazing, Amy!! Love this cutie image so much, totally adorable! Love everything about this amazing card!

RiNNE said...

Wowowowowow!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

What a beautiful card & I just love that stamp! It's too bad that it's sold out :(. I adore your sky/ cloud background! And that whimsical scene of fun branches!!! It is Dr. Seuss-like!! Awesome, Amy!!!

Christiana said...

Oh my gosh, I look at a lot of cards on a daily basis on my hops from blog to blog and this card is the CUTEST I have seen in a long, long time. I love EVERYTHING about it, but especially the Dr. Seuss-like quality of the image combined with your coloring and her gorgeous pink hair! I'm in love!

Kristie W. said...

Your card is so soft and sweet! I love the images you used. Thanks for playing along with Flutter By Wednesday!