Wednesday, April 13, 2011

You make me happy

Howdy all! I'm still experiencing technical difficulties with blogger running all of my sentences together so until I can figure out how to fix it I do apologize if my posts are kinda difficult to read. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming... Wednesday means it is ATS challenge day and this week the challenge is to either create a watering can out of paper or to use a watering can image on your card. Because of my lack of paper crafting abilities I opted to use the watering can from the Swiss Pixies Spring set on my card. I then paired it up with Bathing Beauty Emma whom I altered into a little garden looking cutie. I just wiped away most of the decorations on her bathing cap, the bottom of her bikini top and the line of her swim shorts before stamping. Then I drew in the brim of her new hat, the sleeves on her shirt and the the cuff of her new shorts. I just totally adore Emma's sitting pose in this image and have altered her once before... hopefully Christine will make a new stamp or two in a similar pose sometime soon. Fingers crossed hint, hint, wink, wink! ;) Ok, so if you want to play along don't forget that every week there is a new and exciting prize being offered and in order to be eligible to win, your project must include a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10pm est and only one entry per person please. TTFN!
Supply list:

cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It

paper- K&Co yellow polka dot

stamps- CC Designs (Swiss Pixie Spring set elements/sentiment and Bathing Beauty Emma)

ink- Memento tuxedo black, Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress and Colorbox creamy brown

tiny gems

Copic multiliner black pen

Copic markers:

skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20

hair- E31, E33, E35, E37

clothes/scene- B93, B95, B97, R24, R27, R29, E19, E18, Y13, Y15, Y18, Y17, Y35, Y38, Y00, BG15, BG45, BG49, YG03, YG25, YG17, YR04, YR16

20 comments:

Unknown said...

awww you too make me happy when I see your cards :) This is adorable, so pretty, love it xxx

♥Rach♥ said...

Oh she's just adorable! I love the altering youi did and the whole scene you created, it's just soooo fun Amy! Definitely makes me happy :0)

Nancy Thomas said...

Fun take on the challenge Amy - she looks like she is sitting in the middle of a butterfly garden. A great scene.

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is just adorable. I love how you have added to her sweet outfit. She looks like she is getting her gardening done and taking a little rest time for herself. Love it. Hope you are having a great week. Hugs, Lisa

SannaS said...

oh this is so lovely!! gorgeous summer card!! i can feel the sun and the warmth!! =)
hugs, SannaS

Lau W said...

This is a so nice scene, pretty card Amy, love it !
xxx

Anonymous said...

Just full of charm Amy! I love Emma like this too! I second the motion that Christine draw her up! Totally adorably colored and designed and of course I LOVE the heart on her shirt!
Pam Going Postal

Larisa said...

I am charmed with it) Great image))))

Milla said...

Oh, love this card! It's so happy and bright! :)

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Gorgeous happy card Amy!!

Danni said...

Awww, so super sweet!!

1LuvnMama said...

Ohhh such fun colors! Yes, this makes me sooooooooo happy! Just wonderful Amy! :)

Shirley N said...

What a wonderful way to start my day! This totally makes me happy Amy! Sooooo adorable!!! Hope you have a happy day too!

Joy said...

what a sweet altered image! she is darling! I hope she makes this one, just like yours lol! I do love the sitting ones. fabulous job on the card, love the watering can too! have a good hump day!

RiNNE said...

What awesome little scene you made! The alterations are perfect - thought she was a real stamp. Great job on the challenge!

Sudha said...

Its so cute Amy. Luv the sentiment too.

Leanne said...

Aw, this definitely puts a smile on my face and makes me think of being a little girl and going to the park or outside to play in the grass. Terrifik alterations Amy, this is such a sweet scene. :)

Chelsea said...

Very very cute! Happy card.

Tasha said...

Amy this is such a gorgeous scene, i love the image you used
love tasha xx

donna mikasa said...

Cute little scene! Love your sky background and your fabulous altering, as always!