Sunday, April 17, 2011

Simple Sunday

Hello friends! Things have been busy around the ol' casa de Amy these past few days so I didn't have much time to make a card last night. Though it did dawn on me that Easter is just a week away... holy smokes when did that happen?! So I decided to revisit my Simple Sunday idea and make an Easter card in under half an hour. This Pure Innocence One Sweet Chick stamp set was the perfect way to go because these little PI gals are super quick to color up... especially when I paper pieced her dress as well. Heck, it was coming together so fast that I took a minute to even add a ribbon sash around her waist, ooh lala! ;) I also made a dent in the little pile of Stella & Rose scraps that have been sitting on my desk which saved me from having to dig through the paper stash and saved time. The over-all design may not be re-inventing the wheel or anything but I think it makes for a sweet card. Alrighty then, I've got another long day ahead of me so I should get moving... TTFN! Supply list: cardstock- Bazzill and PTI paper- My Mind's Eye (Stella & Rose) stamps- My Favorite Things (One Sweet Chick and sentiment) ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown ribbon Kaiser Craft gems and pearls Prima flowers Copic markers: skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20 hair- E35, E57, E59 clothes- R22, R43, R0000, R000, R00, 0, BG000, G0000, YG93, YG95 egg/chicks- E40, E41, 0, Y11, Y21, Y35, YR04

18 comments:

Larisa said...

so beautiful Eastern card Amy))) Your work is the best as always)))

Tracey said...

I love this Amy!! Just adorable!!

Maria Therese said...

Awww so sweet! Beautiful coloring and and perfect papers for the card!

Tasha said...

Amy this is such a sweetie! I love the layout and those cute little chicks> Swesome mix of papers
love tasha xx

Leanne said...

heehe... love your sunday cards. this one is adorable. love the ribbon sash touch. i envy how you just use paper that just goes together. have a gr8 day! ;)

Sudha said...

Beautiful Creation dear.

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I think this is just adorable! I love your Simple Sundays. You cards are always look like you took hours yet, so simple. I love her sash around her dress and of course you can't go wrong with that Stella & Rose paper. lol... Hope you are having a great weekend even if you are super busy. Hugs, Lisa

Nancy Thomas said...

So sweet and cute -love that sweet image and of course the Stella and Rose paper. I think both of us are crazy about MME!

Stamping Cafe said...

aw...this is so sweet, Amy! Love her dress, and those are way too adorable! Have a wonderful Sunday!

RiNNE said...

So darling, Amy! I love your simple cards as well and those little chicks are so sweet!!!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, so cute! Love her paper pieced dress and the S&R paper scraps are perfect! I'd better hunt down my little PI girls and get crackin'! Have a great Sunday, Amy!

Saskia said...

Lovely card, so sweet!!

~* steph :) *~ said...

adorable card, amy! it's just just too tweet! love your coloring, paper piecing, and wonderful details. the sash around her waist is adorable. love the strips of patterned papers. thanks for sharing and i wish you a wonderful week! *hugs* steph :)

Mimi said...

Hi Amy! Love your simple sunday cards and the sash is so cute! Done in less than half an hour??? no way!! i would never be able to do that...maybe just to decide which image to use! LOL! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday evening! ;)

Kristie W. said...

She is just adorable and I'm super impressed that you made this in about a half hour! Great shading on her dress.

Hlora said...

She is adorable!!!

Chelsea said...

So cute. Love the random bling!

Unknown said...

Awww such a cutie, love the little chicks :) xxx