Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Christmas... already?

It's beginning to look a lot like... hold the phone! No way is it time to start getting Christmas songs stuck in my head, LOL!
But I guess that doesn't mean I can't make a Christmas card a bit earlier than usual, especially since this week's challenge over at ATS is Christmas in July. At first I was having a hard time getting into the spirit of things and I chose Snowflake Fairy Neva so that I wouldn't be tied to having to use traditional Christmas colors. My original plan was to do a green, white and blue/silver color palette that I was going to build around this AC tree paper that is actually part of their summer/camping line. Though when I started going through my Christmas papers this sheet of Girl's Paperie red snowflakes and ledger totally won me over. I shouldn't have been surprised, considering that was my absolute fave Christmas line from last season's releases (still SO sad they are no more...). So I embraced the red and green instead of fighting it and went to town.

I still can't say that this makes me want to start making a bunch of Christmas cards but I did enjoy the little break from my summer colors and papers and Neva is always a joy to spend some time with. :)


Ok
, so I know you want to play along right? Of course you do, because every week there is a new and exciting prize being offered and in order to be eligible to win just be sure that your project includes a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10pm est and only one entry per person please!

Toodles!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- The Girls' Paperie (Tinsel & Twig), American Crafts (Campy Trails trees)
stamps- Sweet November (Snowflake Fairy Neva), Stampendous (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Making Memories decorative brads
Ranger Liquid Pearls
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E50, E51, E21, R00, R20
hair- E50, E51, E53, YR30
everything else- YG93, YG95, YG97, YG03, R24, R29, E19, E40, E81, 0, B0000

19 comments:

cowboydutrem said...

I just love that liquid pearl on the snowflake, soooo beautiful!

Zarah said...

That stamp is just adorable (the entire set is) and your card is looooovely!!

Unknown said...

O wow this is soooo sweet, I love your stamp and how you did her snowflake dress is unbelievably fantastic !!! ... can you believe that I had bought one of these stamps and never used her yet!!!! I am so bad... guess it's time I did now. Hugs xxx

{VICKI} said...

OMG!!!!!!!!

This is Beautiful!!!!!!!

Nancy Thomas said...

We were definitely channeling each other when we did this week's challenge - same stamp, same paper! Neva is gorgeous with the liquid pearls - gorgeous! I'm sad to see TGP gone too.

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is just adorable! I love how you have made her snowflake stand out. Great idea. We never did get our thunderstorm yesterday and today is looking so pretty and sunny this morning. Have a great humpday. Hugs, Lisa

RiNNE said...

The liquid pearl snowflake ...wow! She's a stunner!! Love the brads too! And that tree PP IS perfect for Christmas! Which reminds me to get started on my Xmas cards (so not in the mood though!).

Creations by Shirl said...

gorgeous card.... haven't start any yet will have to get in the groove for xmas soon....

Mimi said...

WOW! is that liquid pearl on her snowflake dress? Gorgeous! Great papers and layout Amy! Hope you have a great day! ;)

chrilvian said...

ooo how lovely
i have one to
i didnt used neva....its a shame

SannaS said...

beautiful card!! love that detailed snowflake skirt!! =)
hugs, SannaS

Shaela said...

This is beautiful!! I have this stamp but haven't inked it up yet... this would be a good excuse to do so, eh? :)

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! So beautiful! I love how you've used liquid pearl.

donna mikasa said...

Love the dimension on the pearly snowflake and your favorite patterned papers--so Christmasy cute!

Craftdee said...

Gorgeous, Amy! I love the skirt, I've got Neva as a digi and wouldn't have thought to use liquid pearls (I would have considered it an embossing option with a rubber stamp, and I don't "do" rubber!) Hope it's okay if I "borrow" the idea...Dee

Juls said...

wow this is gorgeous!!! I love how you have gone over the image with your liquid pearls!!! Hugs Juls

Tasha said...

WOW this is stunning! Love the papers and design and the image. Beautiful layout. Love the use of liquid pearls too
love tasha xx

Leanne said...

Beautiful card Amy! I love the snowflake and this color palette is wonderful. A really pretty Christmas card.

SusanLotus said...

This idea is awesome! Love her "skirt" !