Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sweet November Spotlight on Kiara!

Good morning!

Well I know it's been what feels like a looong break but now we are finally back and ready to share the new Sweet November previews for August with all of you! The peeks start tomorrow but before we get to them I want to shine the Sweet November Guest Gal spotlight on a very special card maker that is constantly inspiring me with her sweet, romantic style. Which is only rivaled by how sweet and generous she is herself... please give a warm welcome to Kiara Lee! :)

If I had to sum up Kiara's style in one word, that word would have to be "charming". As in, utterly charming and completely gorgeous! She does 'beautiful' like no one else I know and her cards always bring to mind the line 'sugar and spice and everything nice'. Kiara has a way of mixing textures that I truly admire and she completely won me over to the crinkled ribbon craze... she totally rocks it every time! I'm such a fan of her work that even while I was drawing up the first sketches for this release I knew that I wanted Kiara working her magic with them and I am truly delighted that she agreed to join us!

Now it is time for Kiara to answer the Sweet November questionnaire... which is always so much fun to read! :)


1) What color do feel represents your personality and why?
I think it's purple. A purple person tend to be fastidious, sensitive, and tolerant (I'm trying hard to be)! :)

2) Is your style of dress/ home decor similar to your style of card making?
Definitely not the home decor, I don't think my husband can tolerate living in a girly house with lots of pink and purple all around! :) However, my style of card making definitely is similar to the way I dress... totally girly! :)

3) What one thing always puts you in a good mood?
Music always puts me in a good mood, I love music!

4) If you could visit any time in history when would it be?
18th century England. The glamorous Victorian fashion is to die for!

5) If you were a mythical creature ie. fairy, elf, mermaid, troll, wizard, witch etc., what kind would you be and why?
A fairy of course! I can fly and maintain a human form, how awesome is that!! :)

Bonus question

6) If you are a fellow Gleek, which character from McKinley High do you most identify with?
I think it's Tina, she is shy and insecure. I was like that when I was in high school, I'm still shy but not insecure any more. I would love to be able to sing like Rachel though! :)

I can SO relate about wishing I could sing like Rachel too, LOL! Great answers Kiara!

LinkTake a look at this lovely card featuring Coral Reefweaver that Kiara created. I love how the simple, yet effective use of the pattern paper plays against the white background. The layers of texture that she created with the embossing, doily and embellishments is just fabulous. I couldn't help but lift her entire design so I chose the other SN mermaid who is sitting pretty... miss Bubbles Lostlagoon. Don'tcha just love how Kiara added some color to her doily? I had never thought of doing that until I saw her card and all I did was lightly rub a small inkpad over it... SO easy and it totally customizes it perfectly to the card. Thanks for the inspiration once again Kiara!

Alrighty then, Kiara will be joining Nancy, Rachel and myself in the August Sweet November sneak peeks starting tomorrow! There are some 'wee' little characters just waiting to say hello... hope to see you back then! :)
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- BoBunny (orange), Basic Grey (pink dot)
stamps- Sweet November (Bubbles Lostlagoon), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox creamy brown, canary and orange
ribbon
Little Yellow Bicycle doily
The Twinery twine
button
sea shell brad
Kaiser Craft pearls
Ranger Liquid Pearls
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, R43
hair- RV21, RV23, RV25
eyes- YG95, YG99
tail/everything else- Y11 Y13, Y15, Y35, Y38, YR04, R000, YG0000, BG000, 0

18 comments:

RiNNE said...

Very pretty!! Love the design and textures on both cards! Congrats, Kiara! Can't wait for the reveal! And Amy, is that handmade paper on yours? It's gorgeous!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE!!!!!! Your card and Kiara's are Gorgeous!!!! Your coloring is Always amazes me. I love the tutorials you had the past couple days too!i love the yellows you used on Bubbles tail and her Gorgeous pink hair!!!! She reminds me of Frenchie from Grease! lol This card really makes me Smile!!!!
Hugs, Heidi Brawley

Lau W said...

Lovely colors for the two cards, they're lovely !
xxx

Brenda said...

These are both so fantastic! Gorgeous designs! Can't wait for the peeks!!

Creations by Shirl said...

Ooh Amy~
They both are fintastic... luv them both... gorgeous coloring on their hair, pretty pearls, the doiley and the entire layouts are only so perfecto... Great cards!

Mimi said...

oooh yayyy! so excited to see Kiara is SN guest designer! she does awesome work, just like her card here. and Miss Bubbles looks stunning too, with her pink pearl hair!! Adorable card Amy! cant wait to see the sneak peeks!! ;)

Dii said...

Postcards are great! Mermaid super! Particularly delicate napkins I liked! I love your work!

kris said...

Yay! Congrats Kiara!! both cards are gorgeous!! excited to see what's in store for SN!

donna mikasa said...

So happy to see Kiara as a Sweet November gal! Love her work and she's just so darn sweeeeet!! Both your cards are wonderful! Looking forward to seeing more from the both of you!

Leanne said...

Congrats Kiara! Love ur card! Sweet & fun! and I have to say yay to the pink hair! Amy your card is just as sweet and fun. Love the yellows with pink hair!
Can't wait to see the new releases and the way each of the SN ladies create with them. Hugs!

Joy said...

what a lovely card. love the yellows and pinks together! love how you colored her hair and the fin! fabulous! have a wonderful hump day!

Unknown said...

Both cards are darling!

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... I love her pink hair, Amy! Gorgeous card, gorgeous coloring, and colors! Love it!!

Thank you so much for the opportunity to work with your amazing images, Amy! I had a blast!! Big hugs to you!!

1LuvnMama said...

Can't wait to see what this month will bring for SNS! Kiara's card is gorgeous and so is yours Amy! :)

Kelly Booth said...

YAY Kiara.....Love her!! Her cards are always so Special!!

Larisa said...

Very beautiful Mermaids! Love your cards Amy!

~* steph :) *~ said...

fabulous cards! love kiara's and your work amy :)! always so inspiring. thanks for sharing! *hugs* steph :)

SusanLotus said...

This is so beautiful! I love the way you coloured her hair and decorated with pearls! :)