Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Talkin' bout my guy...

Olo!

Hope you are all well on this fine Wednesday morning. I've got the day off and depending on the weather I'll either be out and about or if it is rainy like yesterday, I just may have to stay home and get my craft on a bit. ;)

So I've got a just for fun card to share with ya today. I had some My Guy Ians that were stamped up and partially colored for one of my videos a while back and I wanted to start getting them onto cards. So I grabbed some very guy colored papers and whipped out a quickie card, then I finished coloring up Ian to match the greens, blues and oranges. Because I wanted him to have his eyes open I did a quick head swap with Special Autumn Ian. Such an easy alteration but oh-so effective!

I kept the embellishing to a minimum but I thought it would be fun to use a wood popsicle stick that fell out of a pack of rub-ons rather than throw it away. When I snapped the ends off I thought it kinda had a nature type vibe that worked. And don't ask me why I added the moose... I saw him on a sheet of paper, thought he was cute and just had to add him to the card. ;)

Well, thanks for stopping by... chat at'cha later!
Supply list:
cardstock- Kraft and Paper Trey Ink
paper- American Crafts (Campy Trails)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (My Guy Ian and Special Autumn Ian), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
The Twinery twine
round paper clip
Popsicle stick
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E25, E27, E29
clothes- B91, B93, B95, E40, E41, 0, W5, W7, W9, Y21, YR15, YG95, E47, E49

17 comments:

Jennifer McGee said...

Amy - what a great guy card! I love this and as always your coloring and head swapping are FABULOUS!

Saskia said...

Great card! :)

♥Rach♥ said...

Perfect stamp and paper combo, he's so handsome! Love the moose too, what a fun detail ;0)

Craftdee said...

Cool card...the moose is the perfect colours, so OF COURSE he had to go on, lol! Dee

kadie said...

Fantastic guy card, Amy! Gotta love that Ian :)

Unknown said...

So nice card! :)

eva said...

hi amy! haha, the moose! that makes me laugh--he is so cute! love this guy card!

Kelly Booth said...

Perfect Amy....Love the way you colored him!! Such a great guy card.....

Chelsea said...

Great manly card!

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a great manly man card!

RiNNE said...

Hehe!! The moose is cute! Cool card - i like the colors and circles too. Hope your day was awesome!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I love this card. I also think the moose is just awesome. He looks so cute there. He reminds me of Northern Exposure. lol.. Jerry loves that show and watches it when he can. Anyway, awesome guy card. Hope you had a great day. Mine started out bad yesterday and it is getting better, but had to spend my crafting and food money on 3 new tires yesterday, so I am really worn out. lol... Oh well. I am sure that the stamps arn't going anywhere. Have a wonderful evening. Hugs, Lisa

1LuvnMama said...

He's so handsome Amy! Luv the outdoorsy feel. Who's the moose? :)

Leanne said...

I loke the moose, he works so well with the papers and Ian looks like he's just chillin' in the outdoors. Cool fun card Amy!

kris said...

hahah! i have "my girl" stuck in my head now... Fantastic card! i have a deficiency making masculine cards so it's awesome to get inspirations like this from you... mine always turn out plain... your burst of colors are great here!!

Tasha said...

Fab fun card, i really love the backing paper and your colouring! Super layout too
love tasha xx

Juls said...

fabby!! great colours and I love the spotty background! Hugs Juls