Saturday, July 23, 2011

Just because...

Olo!
Happy Saturday my fellow stampers! Any big crafty plans for the weekend?

I'm kickin' it off with a card for the Farm Fresh Friday challenge over at TGF. This week it's all about paper piecing so this was nice and easy... just what I needed. It also gave me the perfect excuse to ink up Blush Babette for the first time. Just like her sister Bonnie, I decided to do a bit of altering and give her some smilie eyes a la Anya... I love how happy she looks now. :)

I paired Miss Babette up with some pretty papers by Authentique and colored her up to match. I'm not usually a fan of the color grey but lately I find myself being drawn to color combos like this, where grey is paired with a bright, happy color. It makes for a fun yet still kinda sophisticated looking card or project. I even used some of the pretty yellow gingham print to paper piece Babette's dress and gave her a grey slip to have the same stylish look as the paper. ;)

Well, I guess I should make like a bread truck and haul buns (caught that little gem while watching A League of their Own on AMC last night, LOL!)
Later!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Authentique (Blissful)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Blush Babette and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
buttons
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E21, E13, R20
hair- E74, E77, E79, W9
clothes- R12, R14, T0, T1, T3, T5, T7, Y21, Y26, R11, R21

30 comments:

Larisa said...

Beautiful card, great colours you used and this is such a sweet image

Mette said...

Beautiful card Amy. Such sweet colours and I love the way you have coloured her. Super paper pieced dress and fabby flowers.

Hugs, Mette

♥Rach♥ said...

Loooooooove this! Beautiful paper and flowers and your altering on her makes her little face look SO adorable! Totally love it :0)
PS: Totally tucking that phrase away for future use!

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
what a gorgeous image and so perfect colored to
your card is awesome hunni
have a great weekend
hugs angelique

sunnysideup/doreensng said...

HI Amy , lovely colours and paper,what a lovely card!
hugs
Doreen

RiNNE said...

I just love this! I adore how you paired up Babette with Authentique as well and the embellishments are perfect. The touches of pink are too cute and I love her gingham dress! And of course, her hair coloring blew me away!!!!

Nancy Thomas said...

For the record I love the color grey! Weird, huh? Hmm....I think that would make a great challenge. Love this card - the image is adorable and I love her paper pieced outfit.

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you colored her Amy...she is sooooo sweet and so is your card!!

AtStudioD said...

It's because of you, this card and the way you color that I now want this stamp. I saw it on the site, but didn't care much for it. THANK YOU!!!

x0, Damaris

Creations by Shirl said...

luv it Amy, this Blush Babette is only so cute.. I need to put her on my wish list now... Luv how you paper pierced her dress to match the DP you used... I haven't tried this yet! Great brown and yellows going on with your card... very pretty! Happy weekend!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card sweetie!! Love the color mix and the beautiful shine in her hair :)

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy I love your card. Her eyes are sooo pretty. She is my favorite because of her hair, but I really need to fix her eyes as well. Love you do. lol...This card is just so pretty. Love, love these papers. Don't have any 'yet' lol...Great paper piecing as always my friend. I hope you are having a great weekend so far. Maddie and I went for a walk, and now we are waiting for the heat to come so that we can swim. Tell your torrist to be nice to you. Hugs, Lisa

Mimi said...

This is so pretty, Amy! The colors turned out so warm and cozy. Just melts your heart away! Love the hair coloring! ;)

Dotty Jo said...

How lovely! I wasn't sure about these new stamps but you've won me over to them, Jo x

Shirley N said...

Oh my, Amy, I soooo LOVE this card, how absolutely precious is this!!! I love your layout and wow, she's so adorable--her hair is gorgeous! Lovelovelove!!!

Sudha said...

Lovely creation dear. Luv the colors n the image too.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Precious! I am loooving the colors! Her eyes really do change her and make her so happy and cheerful! Love her hair too! Amazing card as always :)
hugs to you!
margie

faithnme said...

Wow Amy you always "blow me away with your creations..and how you Rock at altering your images.. Miss Babette looks Gorgeous in her yellow dress..

Hugs

Tasha said...

WOW WOW WOW this is amazing...Amy your card is so beautiful, love everything about it. Gorgeous colours too
love tasha xx

Carisa said...

another knockout amy!!!

cardmaking bird said...

Wow - this is just wonderful!! Hugs, Marie xx

donna mikasa said...

A-do-ra-ble!! Love the colors, the design, her altered face, her hair....gosh, I love it all!

Scrappellen said...

Super cute creation, Amy!!!
just love the colors and the details are sooo lovely!!
Taqke care♥
Hugs from Norway/Ellen

Pinkladibug said...

This card came out sooooo cute! you colored the image perfect and I just love the flowers and papers you chose..super cute.

April

Liliya said...

Love the colours!!!
And your cutie is coloured fabulously! Love her dress and hair!

Unknown said...

This is so GORGEOUS, Amy! I LOVE that DP!

Craftdee said...

This is super cute...that paper piecing is the PERFECT touch and I love her stockings matching those flowers. TFS, Dee

~* steph :) *~ said...

super pretty card, amy! i love the sweet colors, embellies, and little girl. fabulous paper! thanks for sharing! *hugs* steph :)

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the birdcadge in the bacground and your buttoned flowers! Hugs Juls

Leanne said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Need I say more? hehehe.. Nah! :)