Sunday, July 24, 2011

A great day

Mornin'!

It's shaping up to be another beautiful day here, not too hot but lots of sunshine. I'll be working through most of it but I've still got some plans to chill afterwards. ;)

I couldn't resist playing with another one of the cute Pixies by Christy Croll but this time I went for a completely different kind of vibe on the card. This little sweetie is moonlighting as a wood sprite while she hangs out with all her forest friends. I had originally pictured using this line of papers for more guy type cards but I think it makes for a fun alternative from my usual girly colors too.

Ok, quick, quick, quick since I've really got to get moving... thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day! :)
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- American Crafts (Campy Trails)
stamps- Stamping Bella (Pixie set), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Kaiser Craft pearls
twine
die cut leaves
bear brad
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E21, E13, R20
hair- Y11, Y21, Y35, E35
clothes- YG95, YG97, YG99, E57, E59, YR18

15 comments:

Larisa said...

Oh, so nice Fairy in the Woodland! It looks great! The papers are so bright and beautiful, also I love the paper with animals so much, Amy))) Great job as always!

RiNNE said...

Very cute!! She fits perfectly with those papers! Liking the sketch & that rope :).

♥Rach♥ said...

Really love this, I like how you did the three papers meeting on the side and the little bundle of "stuff", the bear is really cute :0)

MagsB said...

Oh so cute! Love the papers, they have a lovely retro vibe! What a little sweetie this Pixie is!

luv, Mags x

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is just adorable! I love the papers with your fairy and the bear button is just perfect with the rope bow. Love it! I hope you have a great day at work and get a chance to enjoy the nice weather. We are going to get to 93 today at 5pm. WOW, guess where the M&Ms want to be? I am hoping to get some cards made before then. :O) Hugs, Lisa

Creations by Shirl said...

Very cute card Amy~
Luv that bear brad and that fairy is just so perfect... Great DP.
Have a happy Sunday!
Hugs :-)

Dotty Jo said...

Cute alert!!! Amy this is seriously fab, totally adorable! Jo x

Danni said...

Love the direction this little pixie took you in today!! Super cute card and so fun!

Liliya said...

Wow!So many details in such a harmony!!! Beautiful and very fairylike card!

Unknown said...

This is such a fun layout, Amy! I LOVE the colors! So sweet, so cute!

Robin said...

love your woodland vibe... super fun!!
Robin

~* steph :) *~ said...

love this card, amy! love how you combined the different papers and that little bear near the jute rope is just adorable. wonderful card! thanks for sharing! *hugs* steph :)

Juls said...

fabby!! Love the LO and the way you have used the pearls! Hugs Juls

Leanne said...

hehehe, this is totally awesome! I love the bear playing hide-n-seek and the pearls are a wonderful accent. She's a cutie and as a woodsprite perfect! Gr8 idea Amy!

SusanLotus said...

This design is great!