Thursday, July 21, 2011

Keep that Christmas music playing...

just a little bit longer, LOL!

Apparently I am in a little holiday groove right now because I decided to combine this week's regular Tickled Pink challenge to use stripes and polka dots with the anything goes Tickled Pink monthly Christmas challenge. That or I'm really in the mood for some yummy cookies! ;)

Either way, it was fun to pull out Christmas Ivy, who is always a fave, and play around with her early this year. I'm also thinking that I've gotten a bit obsessed with jar stamps here recently (you'll understand why come next week's SN previews... hint, hint, wink, wink!). I can't get enough of them and love having some in all shapes and sizes. Sooooo... when my recent PTI order arrived I was stoked to have a chance to ink this new one up and the Holiday Fillers made it too perfect to pass up pairing with li'l Ivy. Seriously, can't you just see her busy baking the day away and filling cute gift jars full of cookies to give to all her li'l friends? Yep, me too... Ivy is a real sweetie like that. :)
I pulled all my colors from this old Collage Press paper (glad they got picked up by Pink Paislee), I'm a total fan of throwing pink into the holiday color scheme every now and then so I was excited to finally cut into these papers. I tell ya... it may take me a while to actually cut and create with some of my more beloved papers but it is always so worth it in the end!

So if you would like a chance at winning this week's prize or to get your Christmas groove on and go for that fab prize as well, then why not play along? Don't forget that your card must feature a Tickled Pink stamp in order to qualify for the prize... these include: Lil Lolitas and Lads, Pinkettes, Pink Pets and Cherries. All of which can be found in the Tickled Pink store.

Good luck! :)Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill, Copic X-Press It, PTI
paper- Collage Press (Sugar Plum)
stamps- Tickled Pink (Christmas Ivy), Paper Trey Ink (Friendship Jar and Holiday Fillers)
ink- Memento Tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Kaiser Craft pearls
The Twinery twine
eyelet lace
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
eyes- YG00, YG01, E43, YG93
hair- E57, E37, W9
clothes/everything else- R81, R83, R85, R35, R37, E09, YG00, YG01, YG05, YG03, G07, G29, C0, C1, C3, C5, C7, C9, W00, W1, 0, BG0000, E30, E31, E34

10 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

Very striking Amy - I love all the colors and the two images go perfectly together.

Creations by Shirl said...

cute card - luv all the red/green real xmascie...

RiNNE said...

Red and green and pink! Plus polkies and stripes? Perfect Christmas card, Amy!! Gorgeous!

Mirna Camacho said...

Love it!!!

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy this is absolutely adorable! I do have to tell you that I am starting to become jealous of your awesome jar stamp. Just too darn cute! I love this paper that you have used and the way that you have colored Ivy up is just wonderful. I love her rosey cheeks and even though it felt like fall this morning and I am so NOT ready for that I am loving your Christmas spirits at the moment. Hope you had a great day. I only have one more full day to work and then I am off for the weekend. I don't cared if it snows, rains or blows all weekend, I am just going to be sooo happy to have some time off. Hugs, Lisa

donna mikasa said...

So Christmasy sweet! Love the little jar full of cookies, too! Can't wait to see your new SN release!

Juls said...

this is fab!! Love the pattered cover to your jar!! fabulous!! Hugs Juls

Tasha said...

LOVE THIS. SO fun and really cute for xmas. Love the image and the fun fab colours. Super jar of cookies too
love tasha xx

Regan said...

Amy, this is SO yummy! Love the colors and Ivy paired with the cookie jar is just delightful! I love the note card too! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Leanne said...

I love the addition of pink to any Christmas card, gives it a softer feel. This is a very Merry scene, I can smell the sugar cookies now.. yum! :)