Friday, July 15, 2011

Thumbelina...?

TGIF my friends!
Are you getting ready for the weekend? I'll be keeping busy but that doesn't mean that I'm not hoping for some beautiful sunshiny days! :)

Yesterday I received my order of stamps that included the new sweeties from The Greeting Farm and I was anxious to get them inky. I was a bit surprised by the smallish size of the new Blush girls... for some reason I was expecting them to be bigger than they are. So when I saw that jar stamp still sitting on my desk from yesterday's card I tested it out and found that Bonnie was a perfect fit inside of it. I did do a bit of altering by wiping away her original eyes and drawing in some wide open "Anya inspired" eyes for her... you know how I like me some wide open eyes. ;)
Now I just needed some inspiration to bring the card all together, so I hopped on over to the Farm Fresh Challenge Blog to check out the WOW Challenge for this week. It turned out to be a super cute photo inspiration of a fairytale like nursery... perfect! I pulled the pinks, greens and yellows from the pic and decided on a square card because of the wall covered in giant letter blocks. But my biggest inspiration came from the cartoon mural on the wall. That fun squirrel and the small door and window in the tree trunk paired with the jar I was already set on using got me to picturing little Bonnie as a tiny Thumbelina who's gotten herself into a bit of a pickle. I ended up having so much fun with this card, which is always a good thing!

Alrighty then, stay crafty everybody! :)
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- October Afternoon (Daydream)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Blush Bonnie), Inkadinkado (jar), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Prima flowers
buttons
Kaiser Craft gems
Divine Twine
Martha Stewart deep edge punch
K&Co vellum butterfly
Sakura stardust glitter pen
EK Success gold pen
Copic black multiliner pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- YR30, Y11, Y21, Y26
clothes- RV10, RV11, RV21, YG03, YG17, YG95, E81, 0, BG18
jar- BG0000, BG000, 0

22 comments:

Rosa Forino said...

adoro questa card ciao rosa.kreattiva

Unknown said...

OMG this is awesome, yes it's the little things that make a card fabulous :) love it xxx

Jennifer McGee said...

An absolute stunner! Your coloring of sweet Bonnie is fantastic and I love all the little details on your card. Going to check out the challenge.

Nancy Thomas said...

How very pretty - love that OA paper combined with that sweet image. How fun that she's been captured in the jar.

Maria Therese said...

So cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RiNNE said...

Hehehe...great minds think alike as I have a Blush Society card for today as well (LOL!). Yes, I thought they would also be a bit bigger. They sure are fun to color though.

Your Thumbelina is so cute! Her eyes are fitting and that jar is perfect, though I feel a bit sad for her being 'caught.'. So pretty!

Shazza said...

love, love, love it!!!
x

Zarah said...

That is absolutely ADORABLE!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE Your card is Gorgeous!!!!!!! love it!!! I love how you can redraw eyes too! Wish I was that talented!!! Have a GREAT weekend!
Hugs, Heidi Brawley

Carisa said...

omgosh, how cute!!

Mimi said...

So adorable Amy! Bonnie is super cute with her wide open eyes and gorgeous papers you chose! Love how you "captured" her! hehee! Have a fabulous Friday! ;)

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh... this is so adorable, Amy!! Love the yummy colors, and that vellum butterfly is the perfect touch! Have a beautiful weekend, hugs!!

eva said...

so cute--love the jar idea! i didn't realize they were on the smaller side either. such pretty colors!

Jacilynn said...

i think I have that jar stamp and your card from yesterday sparked an idea for me. Thanks for the inspiration!

Joy said...

such a cute card! love your idea! love your take on the challenge. very pretty coloring. have a good weekend!

Leanne said...

hehehe, this is absolutely cute! u come up with the funnest scenes. blush bonnie looks adorable and even tho she is in the jar she is definitely rockin' it! have a gr8 weekend Amy!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

:) I just posted a card using Bonnie too! She's adorable; I love her eyes! Super pretty card!
Enjoy your sunshine weekend :)
hugs, margie

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, I love how you have put her in a jar. She looks adorable and I have to admit that I was a little shocked at their size as well. I was also wanting to change their eyes and now thanks to you I will be able to get a little more use out of them than I was. :O) SHe looks so darn adorable! Hope your day was great. It is nice and warm here again and I am hoping it stays the same tomorrow. Hugs, Lisa

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Such a cute take on the inspiration Amy!! Love it!

Tasha said...

What n awesome idea Amy, i love it! Super cute card, the colours are fab and i love the design, gorgeous
love tasha xx

Kelly Booth said...

Ha.....too Cute!! Love your Humor and your sweet cards!! they are smaller than I thought they would be too but not too small....

Juls said...

this is gorgeous!!! Great use for your jar stamp .... I think I will be on the hunt for one of those myself!!! Love your colouring, the LO is just fabby!! love the inked edges the rounded corners, your sprinkling of gems and your flowers with the button centres!! fabulous work!!! Hugs Juls