Saturday, July 16, 2011

Welcome to the world

Welcome to another glorious weekend my friends!
I'm heading off to the 'big' city here soon so I'm gonna jump right into my card for the day...

My bloggin' peep, Rinne, delivered a beautiful baby boy recently and I wanted to send her a special little something to help welcome sweet Oliver into the world. Now, I don't own a whole lot of crafty baby type stamps and goodies and while I could have gone with my usual LOTV 'go-to' something about it didn't quite jive with Rinne's fun and eclectic style. So I was stumped for a while on what I wanted to do. Then yesterday I spotted the new challenge over at Some Odd Girl to Lift an Odd Girl and that got me to remembering that Kristy had a fun digi baby image in her shop. As soon as I checked him out I knew that he would be perfect for Rinne's card.
Now all I needed to do was choose one of the many fab card designs to lift from the talented Odd Teamies and I would have my card done in no time! I finally settled on this fantastic card made by Leah. It had been a while since I made a circle card and her cool layout design with the random mix of buttons and pearls really drew me in. I dug deep into my precious stash of 'classic' KI Memories until I found these papers from the Expecting line and just went to town. Too much fun!
Now this card is heading down to Cali as we speak and I hope that Rinne likes it! :)

Have a good one!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- KI Memories (expecting)
digi stamp- Some Odd Girl (Tiny Baby)
Kaiser Craft pearls
buttons
Shabby Green Door twine
ribbon
plastic safety pin charm
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E21, E13, R00, R20
hair- T5, T7, T9
eyes- E35, E57, E59
diaper- C0, 0

26 comments:

cowboydutrem said...

Awww that baby is way too cute!!!

Larisa said...

LOve this baby so much! very beautiful card Amy! )))))

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is just too darn cute! I wish I could have more babies so that you would send it to me. lol...Honestly this is just wonderful! I love, love your papers and that baby just melts my heart. Love those huge eyes. I also have to ask to steal your color combo for his skin. Perfect for those little Mexican/Indian/Italian babies of mine. Love it. Hope you have a rocking weekend. Hugs, Lisa

RiNNE said...

Awww, Amy!! I looooooovvvve it!! You are too sweet and thoughtful! I just added this lil cutie to my collection..he's adorable! Leah's style is definitely wonderful...the buttons and safety pin are perfect! Can't wait to see it in person. You are the sweetest....XOXO!!! :)

Liliya said...

Soooooo cute!!!! Beautiful card!!!

kris said...

Awesomely CUTE!!! really really cute! so cute i'm stumped with descriptions... it's just CUTE!!! awww, makes me want to have another one.... LOL, jus' kidding!!!!!

Craftdee said...

GORGEOUS!! So cute, great papers and design. You've coloured the bub up so beautifully, I just got to have it! now I've got to go and get me another digistamp, lol. Dee

Smolla said...

Очень милая открытка,как жаль что в России нет такого количества доступных скрап материалов(

Karuna said...

this is so sweet! lil baby luks adorable and all those cute embellishments are just wow!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Awww, what a precious lil baby! Such a cute card! She's going to love it :)
Enjoy your city trip!
hugs, margie

Kit said...

such a cute card :o)

Mimi said...

too cute! love the buttons and colors! adorable baby image... i'm sure your friend is gonna just looove it! ;)

Patricia said...

Super cute card I love it =P

Alice said...

awww.... this is too cute! love all the details. super card as always, Amy! BIG thanks for the happy mail!! you made my day! =) hope you have a fabulous weekend! =)

Shirley N said...

So precious Amy!

Brenda said...

Amy, such a fabulous card and an awesome lift. Love that it is your own style, yet I see the inspiration. I wouldn't expect any less from you of course!!

Unknown said...

Such a precious card! Thanks for sharing :)

Tasha said...

Oh Amy this is adorable, LOVE the colourwork the baby really pops! I love the embellishing too
love tasha xx

Loz said...

naw, hove stinkin' cute is this? :) so precious Amy, I love the text and that cute little safety pin ♥

Robin said...

Fab card Amy!! Baby is fun and love the sentiments!
Robin

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So pretty! That image and sentiment are perfect together! :)

donna mikasa said...

How adorable! Love this circle card and I'm sure Rinne does, too! The diaper pin and buttons are such great embellies! Cute!!

Juls said...

this is too too cute!!! I am in need of quite a few baby cards, so I think I will be off to download this image after your fab inspiration!! Love the colours and the gorgeous safty pin and button detail! Hugs Juls

Åsa aká Scraphorse said...

LOVE your coloring!!!! Amazing!

Thanks for playing with us at Some Odd Girl!

Sandi said...

This is so good! Love your coloring!!! The safety pin is just too cute!

Leanne said...

So cute Amy! That adorable little guy is perfect! I love his big brown eyes, you really can't say no. Rinne is goin to love it, she said so. hehehe. Hugs,