Monday, July 25, 2011

Make a splash!

Hiya sweeties!

With all the hot summer sunshine, I've just been itchin' to ink up some mermaids. So I flipped through my school of Sweet November mermaids to see who wanted to come out and play. Treasure Tempestwind was quite anxious to come out and have some fun and who was I to tell my lovely flippered friend no?
As I started to color her up I realized this would be a good opportunity to make a quick video on one of the ways that I color up mermaid tails... this one being a more smooth seal or dolphin like inspired look. Hopefully I'll have another video to share in the next day or two. Hope you like them! :)

Anywho, back to the card... I came across this cool BoBunny paper with the pier scene on it and it completely inspired the entire look and story for this card. I love the idea of Treasure breaching out of her ocean home for a glimpse at how the other half live. I wonder if anybody on that pier caught a glimpse of her before she disappeared back beneath the waves? ;)

Well, that's it from me today... hope this week is a good one for ya!



Supply list:

cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- BoBunny (Barefoot and Bliss)
stamps- Sweet November (Treasure Tempestwind), Studio Calico (storytime alpha), Fancy Pant (wave)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox creamy brown and Autumn Leaves blue
American Crafts rub on words
Kaier Craft gems
Divine Twine
seashell brads
eyelet stick pins
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, RV32, RV34
eyes- B16, B29
hair- G00, G02, G05, G29
tail/everything else- BG11, BG13, BG15, BG18, YG00, BG00, BG01, Y13, Y26, Y28, R37, R59, YR18, BG05, G05

21 comments:

RiNNE said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Amy. I love the simple, yet awesome scene-- that pier, splash, & twine are all you need! Tempest looks beautiful -- her hair and tail are colored amazingly! I enjoyed the vid too-- thanks so much!

Nancy Thomas said...

She is definitely a beauty - love the lime green on her especially and what a great scene on your card.

Karenliz Henderson said...

Stunning!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I loved watching your video last night and I could wait to see what you made with her. Totally adorable with the papers as always. I hope you have a great day. Looks like thunderstorms for us. We'll see. :O) Hugs, Lisa

Craftdee said...

Great video, thanks...makes a nice card, I really like the colours. TFS, Dee

Jacilynn said...

wow, love the colors and the silhouette! just perfect

Renkata said...

Very cute card Amy.
The tutorial is fantastic.

Stamping Cafe said...

This is totally gorgeous, Amy! Totally perfect with the paper and all the stamping as always, awesome tutorial as well... thank you for sharing! Hope you are having a beautiful day, hugs!!

Creations by Shirl said...

Another awesome card Amy~
Very pretty mermaid - luv her colors(lime/green) gorgeous and the scenery in the background is fantastic... TFS- on your video, a very good tutorial for me..
Hugs~ and have a great day!

Mimi said...

Gorgeous card Amy! Perfect paper and adorable seashell pins! Thanks for the fab tips on the video! Hope you have a great day! ;)

Maria Therese said...

Oh this is so beautiful Amy! Perfect background for a gorgeous mermaid

(ps you should have a look in my blog there is something 4 U)

Shirley N said...

She's gorgeous Amy, fabulous card! Really love the effect of the yellows. Thanks so much for doing these videos. You do such a fantastic job and I refer to them all the time. You rock Amy!!!

Joy said...

what a pretty card. wonderful coloring and thanks for the video so that I had a chance to see how you colored her tail. I am a total visual person and this really helped understand how you blend your colors. have a wonderful week!

SannaS said...

beautiful....brilliantly created scene!! =)
hugs, SannaS

Kellie said...

WOW Amy as always what can I say that I have't said 100 times over? Absolutely AMAZING!

Hugs Kellie

MagsB said...

Thank you, your video is so instructive! The card is just fabulous, too, I love your papers and colours!

luv, Mags x

Leanne said...

Woot!! Love when you share! hehe.. This card is amazing! I love ur vision! Totally inspiring my friend!
Hugs,

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE I love this card a lot. You did another piece of art on this!!
hugs, Heidi Brawley

~* steph :) *~ said...

oo another fabulous card, amy! i really love the scene you've created! you always find the perfect paper and embellishments (love those seashells). loved watching your tute too! thanks so much for sharing and have a lovely week :)! *hugs* steph :)

donna mikasa said...

Wow! That patterned paper was just waiting to be used on your card! I always love watching you color, and what impresses me equally is your mad fussy cutting! Beautiful, summery card!

Juls said...

gorgeous!! I love how you have created a whole scene!! Hugs Juls