Friday, July 22, 2011

Somebody stop me!

See... I really wasn't kidding about my current jar obsession yesterday, LOL!

Here I am with yet another card featuring a jar and I can guarantee you that it won't be my last. I really was trying to be good and broaden my horizons a bit but as I was cleaning my desk and putting stamps away I couldn't help but think that Paisley Pixie by Christy Croll would look awesome inside the pint sized jar from the Paper Trey Ink Summer Fillers set.
My plan was almost derailed when I pulled out Paisley and saw that the flowers she holds aren't as straight up and down as I needed them to be for my idea to work. But that just meant I would have to get more creative to make it happen. So I inked up Paisley and the single flower down by her head and stamped them onto the cardstock. Then I masked that off and inked up the big bunch of wild flower blooms and stamped them in a more vertical direction that makes them look like they are behind her now. Next it was super easy to line up the mini jar stamp around Paisley because the PTI stamps are clear. Then I just started to color, color, color... and because I spent most of my crafty time coloring I kept the rest of the card clean and simple.

Oh, and I am also entering this card into the open challenge at Flutter By this week. Not only do I have a cute little pixie who got herself stuck trying to put flowers in that jar but I've also finished the scene off with a few fluttering butterflies for good measure.

TGIF and I'll talk at'cha again tomorrow. :)
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- K&Co (yellow)
stamps- Stamping Bella (Paisley Pixie), Paper Trey Ink (Summer Fillers), Hero Arts (woodgrain background)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress and colorbox creamy brown
Divine Twine
Kaiser Craft gems
Martha Stewart 3-in-1 butterfly punch
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E02, R00, R20
hair- E25, E27, E29, E79
clothes/flowers/everything else- G40, YG0000, BV02, BV04, BV08, Y35, Y38, YR09, R08, R05, RV11, RV13, RV14, RV29, BV0000, BV000, BV00, Y000, 0, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17, YR04, YG23, YG17, B0000, B000, E70, E71, E74

24 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE This is totally adorable!!!!

Auntie Em said...

Cute card and great imagination!
Thanks for sharing! :)

♥Rach♥ said...

This is such a cute idea, I totally love the finished product!! Beautiful card Miss Amy :0)

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is just too cute! I love your jar obcession lately. So much fun. I am sooo wanting one. lol... Hope you have an awesome day. Hugs, Lisa

Juls said...

I cant stop you!!! I am loving all your jar creations .... infact I am wanting to invest in those stamps myself, after all your fab inspiration!! Hugs Juls

Creations by Shirl said...

Cute card Amy! I also will be your follower...
TFS!

RiNNE said...

She is so darling, Amy! And it's so creative of you to change up the flowers to follow your vision!! Coloring is fab as usual and I love your sky!

P.S. I was shopping online (scrapbook.com) and saw that Authentique will be selling 6x6 paper pads soon! :)

Liliya said...

Do not stop!!! The card is soooo beautiful! Unbelievably gorgeous! Can't wait for your next one!
The jar looks incredibly cute!!

SannaS said...

fabulous!!! loooove it!! so bright and lively...absolutely gorgeous!! =)
don't you abandon that jar, you make it work so great!! =)
hugs, SannaS

Dii said...

She's so sweet ... Butterflies are cool ... I love the colors:)

Zarah said...

Love love love LOVE!!

Mimi said...

awww! totally adorable Amy! your little jar scenes are too cute! Have a fabulous Friday! ;)

Danni said...

I'm giggling at all these jar creations, so fun!! Love how creative you are, you always inspire me!
Fabulous creation and I love how the flowers are so colorful! Thanks for playing along with FBW!!

Pinkladibug said...

OHHH I really like these cards you are making with the jars...super cute...your going to make me get that stamp set....lol
keep them coming, their beautiful.

April

Unknown said...

O wow Amy, this is so super cute, I don't blame you for using that jar again, your thinking out of the box with it is amazing, love it xx

Larisa said...

It is fantastic!! Love it is so light and wonderful!!!

Rosa Forino said...

ciao amy che meraviglia sono passata per dirti che ho utilizzato la tua sirena e ti ho fatto un link http://kreattiva.blogspot.com/2011/07/challenge-31-al-mare-di.html ciao rosa.kreattiva

Kelly Booth said...

HAAAAA.....Love this and the way you put them in Jars!!! You Rock my Friend.....

Tasha said...

Suer cute! Love the sky background and the gorgeous butterflies, such a pretty card
love tasha xx

Carisa said...

Amy, you are KILLING me, I soooo want that darn jar stamp now! *giggle*

Luc and Sonia said...

Can I just say that you are brilliant?!?
Wow...that has to be one of my fav cards ever!!!
I bow to your greatness....

donna mikasa said...

Super cute card! For someone who's stuck in a jar, Paisley looks quite happy! Can't wait to see more bottled goodness!

Craftdee said...

You use the term "obsession" like its a BAD thing, lol. This is super cute --and very creative! TFS, Dee

Leanne said...

hehehe, so cute Amy! I love how you can tell a story and make it like we're with you when you create. thanks for sharing!