Saturday, July 2, 2011

You brighten my day

Good morning!
Boy is town hoppin' this 4th of July weekend... it's crazy I tell ya! And I'll be heading back out into that craziness soon when I go to work. I'm hoping for a quick day so that I can get back home and relax this evening... fingers crossed! ;)

But before I go, I wanted to quickly share the card I made for this week's ATS punches and/or diecuts challenge. If you've already seen my little you tube video about how I create the cloud backgrounds around stamped images then you will recognize most of this already, LOL! Ah heck, I've got fast speed now, just let me put it in this post ;) I thought it would be fun to pair Darby up with Briar's cricket friend, Sonata. Because you just know that Darby would be friends with everyone in Sweet November Land. And to fulfill the challenge I punched out a bunch of little butterflies to flit around these two new pals. :)

There is still plenty of time to play along this week... if the 4th of July festivities aren't keeping ya too busy. Just don't forget to use a stamp sold in the ATS store if you would like a shot at the prize!


Ok, I gots ta get gone... peace out home fries! :)




Supply list:

cardstock- Jillibean Soup kraft and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (Magnolia)
stamps- Sweet November (Darby and Sonata), The Craft's Meow (Baggin' Some Rays sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox dark brown and Tim Holtz tumbled glass
Kaiser Craft gems
Martha Stewart 3-in-1 butterfly punch
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E15, R00, R20
hair- E44, E47, E49
clothes- YG00, YG01, YG03, R21, R32, R35, E31, E34, E35, Y000, Y38, B000, 0
sonata- YG03, YG17, YG67
grass- YG01, YG03, YG17

18 comments:

chrilvian said...

aaah how lovely

Dotty Jo said...

Great cloud effect Amy - thanks for the tutorial, I must get my courage up and give it a go! Love the finished card too, Jo x

Nancy Thomas said...

I loved this when I saw it on the challenge blog. Great minds think alike, huh?

Juls said...

so cute!!! Your colouring is gorgeous!!! and I love the butterflies and the gems! Hugs juls

Jennifer McGee said...

Loved the tutorial and the card!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Amy You are fabulous for sharing this tutorial thank you so very much! You card is adorable I love this image!

Unknown said...

So frickin cute! Love the idea for the clouds I know I save all those border strips for a reason! You are too creative!

Renkata said...

Amy, such a cute card.
Amazing clouds and your tutorial is awesome.
Thanks dear.

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I loved your video and your Card. It is just so sweet. I still haven't been brave enough to try your clouds, but I am going to. lol.... I know what you mean about town being swamped. WOW, I am glad that I got all of my running around done so that I can stay safe and sound in my little home. lol. I am glad people still come and support our little town, but I am just as glad when they go home. Have a great day at work and get home fast so you can enjoy your fur babies and some awesome coloring. Hugs, Lisa

Brenda said...

Super cute card. Loved the video. Love that you did your cloud free hand instead of buying a die cut. We forget sometimes we can do that with all the fabulous stuff out there!!

Shirley N said...

Another fabulous video Amy, thanks so much for doing these! Absolutely adore your card, Darby and Sonata are the SWEEETEST! Beautiful card! Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

MagsB said...

Thanks for a great video, Amy! The card is just gorgeous, so bright and cheerful!

luv, Mags x

Alice said...

super cute! such a delightful card, Amy! hope you are having a fantastic 4th of July weekend! =)

Jacilynn said...

oh Darby is one of my favs from SN! and the cloud tut is AWESOME. Thanks girlie. Have a fabulous weekend!

Leanne said...

I LOVE this card Amy! Darby is one of my favorites from SNL. Gorgeous scene and fabulous tutorial! Thank you for sharing it!

RiNNE said...

It's always cool to learn one of your techniques!! Thanks for the awesome video! The card and clouds look fantastic! I just adore the finished scene! Hope work isn't too crazy - sounds like your town is the place to go for the weekend :).

Tasha said...

Oh Amy this is adorable! great video...really cool to see how you create the background. Fab colour work too
love tasha xx

Dangina Martinez said...

Wow, I will be taking tips from you! love your card.
Tons of hugs, Dangina