Thursday, July 14, 2011

A million and one thanks

Hello!

So is anyone else anxiously checking out the CHA sneak peeks going up this week from all of the different paper crafting companies? My crafty little heart is already a flutter at some of the previews I have seen and I'm saving my pennies so that I can get my hands on them once they show up in stores. So far my top five paper goodies are (in no particular order):
  1. October Afternoon (Farmhouse)
  2. Cosmo Cricket (Clementine)
  3. My Mind's Eye (Everything... though I'm super excited about the Six by Six release)
  4. Simple Stories (Happy Day)
  5. Basic Grey (Picadilly)

Whew... that was tough, though it is definitely subject to change considering I haven't even seen what all of my usual faves are putting out yet... hello, Sassafras... where are your peeks?! LOL
If you are following along like I am and have spotted something fab, let me know! I can't get enough sneak peeks! :)

Alrighty then, I should get to my card for the day. It's challenge time over at Tickled Pink Challenges and this week we want to see you create something cute and that includes butterflies. Fairy Kira was quite insistent that I ink her up for this but since she is usually more sassy than cute I told her that she would have to put a smile on that pretty face of hers if she wanted to come out and play. She agreed, so I wiped the ink from the corner of her mouth as well as her eyebrows and then drew in an upturned smile and raised brows. Now I think she can pull off cute with the best of them. ;)
I found this old woodblock jar stamp recently and thought it would be fun if the butterflies for the challenge were escaping from it. And I went with a 'thank you' sentiment because I think it kinda looks like Kira was the one behind their release. You just know she is more than happy to help out her fellow winged friends. :)

So if you would like a chance at winning this week's prize then why not play along? Don't forget that your card must feature a Tickled Pink stamp in order to qualify for the prize... these include: Lil Lolitas and Lads, Pinkettes, Pink Pets and Cherries. All of which can be found in the Tickled Pink store.

Have fun and good luck!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Basic Grey (Out of Print)
stamps- Tickled Pink (Fairy Kira), Inkadinkado (jar),Technique Tuesday (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress and Colorbox creamy brown
CC Designs butterfly cutter
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Kaiser Craft pearls and gems
gold embroidery floss
Signo Uniball white gel pen
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E95, E11, YR14, E07
eyes- YG23, YG67
everything else- R32, R43, R35, YG21, YG23, YG17, Y11, Y15, BG0000, BG000, 0

19 comments:

Jennifer McGee said...

Amy, this is too cute as always! I love how you can swap faces seamlessly on your stamps. I love this card layout too.

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Amy, what a fantastic card, love the colours you used and beautiful butterflies xxx

Nancy Thomas said...

Love your alteration of Kira and her outfit is gorgeous. I'm trying to close my eyes to the new releases (except for MME of course) but of course I'm seeing things I like all over blogland. Sigh!

RiNNE said...

I am most looking forward to American Crafts (Amy Tangerine's)!!!!!!! I cannot wait! Do you know when they'll be available to the mass public??

Pretty card-- the jar is such a good idea for the challenge!! Wonderful scene!

Leanne said...

oh, man, I can't wait to get to CHA to ooo and awww at all of those papers.
What a wonderful card Amy! Love the butterfly rescue scene you created. Kira looks much better here, more approachable.. lol.. Gorgeous layout and I love ur clouds! Have a great day!

chrilvian said...

aaah sweet colours

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE This card is Gorgeous! love your coloring too!
Hugs, Heidi Brawley

Regan said...

Of course Kira would have a rare moment of happiness if she had just released the butterflies! :) That is amazing how you alter your images so cleverly! I use the digis, and I'm not brave enough to try altering them! This is a spectacular card, Amy! Your coloring is always gorgeous and you have the best papers!:)
{hugs}
Regan

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Amy... love the butterflies being set free, and lovely colouring of Fairy Kira.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card! And you always have the best sentiments!!

kris said...

Gorgeous card!! the colors are screaming at me "pink lemonade with a touch of mint leaves"... soooo LOVE it!

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is just wonderful. I love that she is letting the butterflies out. I also just love that jar. I have run across a couple of jar stamps and ultimately talked myself out of them and I really wish I hadn't.lol... I am heading over to check out all of your cha goodies to come. You might want to check out the Spellbinders.com that is having some wonderful new stuff coming out. Have a great day. We aren't that hot here today as well. It is overcast and only 74 at the moment. :O( Oh well, I have to be patient. I know. Hugs, Lisa

Tasha said...

LOL i feel thats all i have been doing scouring the internet for CHA sneaks lol! So far my favourite has to be OA! But thats no shocker lol!
Love your card Amy, i love the creative use of the jar and the fab mix of papers, stunning colours too
love tasha xx

Kelly Booth said...

Such a pretty card Amy...I'm super excited about all the new stuff coming out too!! Love coming here and seeing your fabby cards....Hugs!

Stephanie said...

Wow, another gorgeous card! Love it!

Larisa said...

Oh, what a beautiful card! Love this image - fantastic Fairy!!

1LuvnMama said...

She's a purdy fairy Amy! Luv all the embellies and those clouds . . . yay! I finally got to try this technique out! I linked your video tutorial on my blog . . . I can see how it can be addicting. Have a wonderful weekend!

Anita Bownds said...

wow she is way super cute and your card is absolutely lovwly...

Juls said...

oooh everything about this is just gorgeous!!!! i love your jar stamp and the way the butterflies and the gems seam to have just been released from the jar .... gorgeous combo of DP's I love your fabby cloud effect with the torn edge and your colouring as always is just stunning! Hugs Juls