Monday, February 27, 2012

Bubble over with fun

Hey there!

Well I'm happy to report that I was able to cross off at least half of the stuff on my to-do list yesterday. It helped that I didn't allow myself to turn the laptop back on 'til late afternoon, LOL! So I'm actually starting this week off in a pretty good place. It's going to be another long Monday but I'm looking forward to tonight, so it's all good. :)

Ya know how I've been trying to ink up neglected stamps lately? Well I'm proud to say that this little Pure Innocence Blowing Bubbles cutie had a pretty quick turn around because I just got her in the mail on Thursday, so she didn't have to sit and wait for ages. At first I was going to pair her with the soft Neapolitan papers, which I still think would look pretty, but I decided to give those papers a break and play with some brighter colors instead. I love the dark denim from the On the Bright Side paper pad even if it does give this card more of a summer feel rather than spring. Nothing wrong with a little bit of summer day dreaming (especially since it tried to snow again yesterday).
I paper pieced her outfit and just added some shading to give it some depth. Something about this little gal was calling out for freckles too, so I couldn't resist adding some across her cute face. Then I had fun splattering on those blue droplets in the background from a bottle of Sprinklers. Don't they kind of look like bubbles floating all around her?

Alrighty, time for me to scoot. Thanks for stopping by today!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (On The Bright Side)
stamps- My Favorite Things (Blowing Bubbles and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
CC Designs Fairwee Tiny Scallop border die
Tim Holtz tiny attacher
October Afternoon Night Sky Sprinklers
Kaiser Craft epoxy dots
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E15, R20
hair- E08, E09, E19, E18
clothes- BG000, BG11, BG18, C3, C7, E40, E41, 0, Y13, Y19, E44, E47, E49, YG01, YG03, YG17

20 comments:

Madu said...

very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madu said...

beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

Nancy Thomas said...

She is as cute as can be with her paper pieced clothing especially the demin skirt. The freckles are a nice touch as well. And of course the paper is gorgeous - one can never go wrong with MME!

corryskaart said...

hoi amy
oohh wat is ze leuk en die tekst is ook passend:-))
groetjes van corry

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is very cute!!! love her skirt!! Have a GREAT week!
hugs, Heidi

Annette Allen said...

This is bubbly fun...so cute Amy

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is super cute... I love the demin paper with the flower paper. Really gives this such a fun make you smile kind of look. Have a great Monday. Hugs

Maria Therese said...

Sweet card!!

tuttodicartalab said...

What a beautiful card and what a great blog you have ..
I joined your blog because it's too good! ... Ciao Elena

biggirlbri said...

I love this look. Just makes you want to put on something soft and go blow some bubbles yourself! :) Great papers. Wonderful card Amy!!!
Tiffany

Mimi said...

oh how cute! love the way you used the papers! and the freckles on her is adorable! have a great day Amy! ;D

Sharon said...

So sweet! I love the freckles you gave her! Cute!

Tonje said...

What a wee cutie! Love her freckles!

Cami said...

So cute! Gotta love her denim skirt!

Joy said...

what a fun card! love your image and great coloring too. always fun to see your backgrounds! have a wonderful week!

Debora said...

Awesome! I love it!

dpkennedy said...

I love her freckles! I've been browsing your blog and your coloring is wonderful!

Kathy Straw said...

You make "the" most amazing cards. Love her freckles. Thanks so much for sharing your talent

Leanne said...

Very sweet Amy. I love her freckles and her paper pieced outfit. She definitely looks like she's having fun blowing bubbles.
;)

RiNNE said...

Fabulous summer-y card! She is so cute!