Saturday, February 4, 2012

We've got winners for every season

Good morning!

What do you say we start this weekend off with a few candy winners? We had such a great turnout for the new February stamp previews, and it was so much fun to read all of the enthusiastic comments both here and on the Sweet November Gals' blogs as well. :)

Okey dokey... no sense in keeping you all in suspense any longer. So without further ado the winner's of the Sweet November February candies are:

  • Bloom goes to- Jennifer
  • Shroom goes to- Cami
  • Nutter goes to- biggirlbri
  • and Pine goes to- Debora

Congratulations ladies! Please email me at: pete_danger @ hotmail.com with your mailing info and I will get your prizes sent out on Monday. :)
Big thanks again to everyone who came out for the reveals... without you they wouldn't be nearly as much fun!

And as for my card today, I actually made this for the CC Designs cutter preview on the ATS blog the other day. I used the new Swiss Pixie Nymph Lucy as well as the Woodland Logos and the mushroom border die. A while back Christine and I were chatting and I mentioned that I hadn't ever seen a mushroom border available in either punch form or die so I was thrilled when I saw this cool cutter for the first time... I think that she totally nailed it!
I actually cut the design out of three different cardstocks, then snipped the caps off of the kraft and orange ones and glued them to the white base. Add a bit of shading with my Copics and white dots with my Sharpie and I'm lovin' how they turned out! As for Lucy, I stamped her twice too... once on cardstock and once on vellum. Then I fussy cut the wings off of Lucy on the cardstock version and glued the vellum wings in their place. I thought this made them look more dragonfly like which is why I paired her up with a couple of dragonfly pals. ;)

Hope your Saturday is a great one!
XOXO


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- We R Memorykeepers (clouds), The Girls' Paperie (plaid)
vellum
stamps- CC Designs (Swiss Pixie Nymph Lucy and Woodland Logos)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
CC Designs mushroom border die
Martha Stewart dragonfly punch
Prima flowers
October Afternoon crochet lace
Zva pearls
Kaiser Craft pearls and gems
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair-E93, YR02, YR82, YR30, YR31
clothes- YG00, YG01, YG25, G0000, G000, G00, BG34

35 comments:

Madu said...

как красиво! не перестаю вдохновляться! супеееееееееееееееееееееееееееееееер!

Hlora said...

Очень красивая открытка!!! Красота! Разукрашено превосходно))))

Country Mouse said...

This is so sweet! I love the soft colors!!!

Unknown said...

Awwww this is adorable Amy, love the pretty colours, so soft and fresh and that image is TDF, so so cute xxx

chrilvian said...

oooooo Amy, great work with the dies
great idea
looks amazing

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

So sweet! I thought the mushroom border die was a great and an original idea too, love how you've used it.

Nancy Thomas said...

I am totally copying you on the mushroom border! They and the card look fabulous. Congrats to the winners.

Tonje said...

Ohhh, I love what you've done with the mushroom border! That looks amazing! The little pixie is super cute as well. Gorgeous wings!

Karla said...

This is so sweet! I love the soft colors!!!

Creations by Shirl said...

Awww really like the bg scenary you made for her.. She looks like she is in a mushroom field and just enjoying the beautiful weather and the dragonflies are following her.... Very cute Amy!

Unknown said...

super cute card Amy..Im loveing all the new releases..that mushroom border die is definately on my list of things to get asap..love the way you layered it up! Brilliant idea using vellum for the wings too=)

biggirlbri said...

I am loving Nymph Lucy and how you did her wings. Also love the mushrooms. Pretty and soft spring colors.

Jae said...

I love the scene you've created. Lucy is such a cutie. Fabulous card! TFS and congrats to the winnesr!
hugs, Jenn

Shirley N said...

You always create the cutest scenes Amy. Lucy is adorable! Congrats to the winners!

Mimi said...

Congrats to all the winners!
Amy, this card is so adorable!! Just lovin' the new Pixie girls!! TFS! ;D

Shazza said...

adorable!!!!!

Rhonda Miller said...

Congrats winners.
Your card is so cute.

Leanne said...

Congrats to the winners!! :)
Hi Amy!
I'm gonna start catching up in a bit, but had to start here and EXCLAIM over how BEAUTIFUL this card is. It's so gorgeous I can't stop looking at it. Love the scene and the mushrooms are beautiful, if mushrooms can be called that. lol.
Hope u've been well and enjoying your Saturday.
Now I'm off to catch up!
;)

RiNNE said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK! Love this card, Amy! The mushrooms turned out soo wonderfully! I love how you colored them and paper-pierced her! What a happy place you've made this card!

Rosa Forino said...

Congratulazioni alla vincitrici buona domenica rosa.kreattiva

questa card è stupenda

Cami said...

Another sweet image! Love this card in such soft colors. That mushroom trim on the bottom is so cute,I guess I gotta get that die to go with "Shroom" that I was so LUCKY to WIN! Thank you so much, Amy. And congrats to the other winners too!

Manuela Pinkfrilly said...

WOWWWWWWWWW I really love this cart it's so sweet .Love it!!

Danni said...

So soft and pretty! Love all the little details...awesome!

Unknown said...

OMG! ... Lovely!!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Such a sweet scene. Congrats to all the winners. Have a great weekend.

Delphine said...

Gorgeous scene, Amy! I love your attention to detail:-)! Hugs Delphine xx

Annie Rose said...

Congrats, winners! Getting a package in the mail from Amy is like Christmas... you won't be disappointed. :)

Amy, this card is the sweetest! I'm so ready for Spring.

-Annie Rose

Debora said...

I'm so excited to have won! This is my first blog candy! Amy thanks so much for the blog hop with the fabulous design team and the preview of the fun new sprites! Hugs!

Such an adorable card! I didn't think I needed that mushroom die but you just changed my mind :)

gobeagirl said...

Congrats to eveyone that won! How fun. Amy, I think that your Lucy looks just adorable and I love, love how you have cut the boarder and added dimention with your copics. Just so real looking. I also love how you used your vellum to make her wings look real. Super sweet card. I hope you are having a great weekend. I am cleaning my desk and hoping to have a fun filled crafty day tomorrow. Hugs, Lisa

Loz said...

wow the mushrooms look fabulous! well worth all the cutting and pasting!! love this one too :)

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Wow!! This is so cute! Love the mushie border and those fairy wings looks amazing. Fantastic job! :)

Creations by Shirl said...

Congrats to all those winners....Can't wait to see what they will do with their delish candies....

Tina said...

adorable!

Craftdee said...

I'm loving that border (like everyone else, it seems, lol) but I think what you did with her wings is super-clever!! It really does give her a fairy/pixie look. TFS, Donna

Lau W said...

Oh your card is so sweet Amy !
Congrats to the winners :-)
xxx