Wednesday, February 29, 2012

So, so much...

Good morning, gooooood morning!

Oh what a difference a day makes. And despite the freshly fallen snow (yes, we got more of the white stuff), I'm thinkin' that today is going to be a good one. Maybe it's the whole leap year extra day thing... it's kind of a gift don'tcha think? :)

Well, I've got another simple card using up more of the border stickers that were also on my card from yesterday. Paper isn't the only thing that I'm trying to make a dent in my stash of currently. Speaking of which, I can check another un-inked stamp off of my list... yeah! I love this new TGF Miss Anya from the Garland set because of her hair and cute dress but I didn't really need her holding a garland so I did a bit of altering and wiped it and her arms away with a baby wipe before stamping. Then I redrew in the lines of her dress as well as new arms with a Copic multiliner 0.1 pen. I even added some capped sleeves to her dress too so that there would be a bit more color up there.
I also had fun playing around with a new hair color combo that I've fallen instantly in love with. It uses the new YR27 marker as the darkest tone in the combo and I think it turned out so golden and pretty. Don't be surprised if you see it used often around here. ;)

Alrighty friends, I hope you do something fun with this extra day!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Pink Paislee (ledger)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Miss Anya Garland), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown and lime pastel
My Mind's Eye Tres Jolie border stickers
buttons
October Afternoon Robot Blue Sprinklers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- YR30, YR31, YR24, YR27
clothes- E74, E77, E79, BG11, BG13, BG18, G94, G99

16 comments:

Trina said...

Great alteration and a lovely card!

Mette said...

Love your card Amy and love the way you always think of something totally new and being brave enough to alter things. Respect Amy :).

Huggles Mette

Isa said...

It´s so nice !!

gobeagirl said...

We talked the whole night long..... Good mornin to you...lol... Sorry just watch Singing in the rain this last weekend and still have the music on my brain. Your card is just adorable! Would you believe I don't have this set of Miss Anya yet. I love her with all of your edits. She looks really cute standing there. Love the papers and boarder stickers. I always forget that they work really well on a card. lol... We got a little bit of snow and I am so hoping it is gone by tonight. :O) Have a great day. Hugs, Lisa

Crafty Loops said...

This is a beautiful card Amy. Lee x

Nancy Thomas said...

Love your alterations and you are right, that hair color is gorgeous. Note to self, add to Copics wishlist.

Heidi Brawley said...

WOW love your altering of her!! Very sweet card!!
Happy Leap Day to you!!!
300 days until Christmas!!!
Hugs, Heidi

Tara Godfrey said...

This is gorgeous, Amy! I love the texture you got on her dress it looks like a beautiful wool dress...love it! I ordered this Garland set and they haven't seen ink yet...SO need to ink up my Anyas...thanks for the beautiful inspiration, hun!
Hugs,t

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Sweet image and I love the braids in her hair. Happy Wednesday!

Leanne said...

Terrific alteration Amy! I love the folds on her dress and the fact that you can see her dress is just awesome! oo, love the hair color too. I don't use those colors too much, but will definitely remember that combo.
Happy Leap day, it's gonna be a good one!
;)

Rhonda Miller said...

This is great.

Cami said...

Oh so sweet and pretty and what a great job you did altering her! Love the colors of her golden hair!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Amy, what a pretty and elegant card.. the soft colours are beautiful xxx

Joy said...

sweet card! love how you altered this cutie from TGF. hope you have a happy hump day!

donna mikasa said...

Your altering always amazes me, and I do love the golden highlights in her hair! Super cute outfit, too!

RiNNE said...

Lovely altering! The coloring is wonderful!!!