Sunday, February 26, 2012

You rock!

Good morning!

So far this weekend seems to be flying by much like the past week did. I'm having a great time but not getting much done that I need to. That means today I have to buckle down and get busy. Wish me luck with that... I really hope I don't get distracted. LOL

Because I didn't make it into my crafty room, again... I'm sharing the second card that was published in the premier issue of Designed to Color magazine. This one features Creeper Madden from The Greeting Farm and she was actually one of the four Maddens that I colored up for the Copic grey comparison chart that I did for CMC. I thought that her kinda punk look would pair up nicely with these cool American Crafts papers that I've had in my stash for ages. That and I also couldn't wait to use this cool cassette tape stamp that my pal Lisa sent to me... thanks Lisa! All in all, I think this card pulls off a fun 80's retro vibe that makes me smile. :)

Toodles!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- American Crafts
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Creeper Madden), We R Memory keepers (Vintage T You Rock... from Lisa, thanks girl!)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Martha Stewart black
Heidi Swapp bling borders
EK Success silver pen
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, YG01, G00, RV29
hair- N5, N7, N9, N10
clothes- Y08, Y35, Y38, RV17, RV29, R11, R21, R32, G00, BG32, BG18, C5, C7, C9, C4, C1
tapes- C0, C2, YG01, YG03, Y08, RV17, RV29
word bubble- BG0000, BG000

14 comments:

Sandra said...

Love the you rock theme! I can appreciate the music too. Good luck with your things to do!

Luanne said...

lovely rock card! love the coloring and the gems

Crafty Loops said...

This is smashing. Lee x

Jennifer M. said...

It is a perfect 80's retro vibe card. I love it. The colors are so fun.

Jen :)

Mette said...

Another swooooooon card Amy :) Loving the bright colours and her hair is fab. Hope you are enjoying your sunday

Hug, Mette (The Stalker hehe)

Beatriz Rubio De Kimmel said...

Super cool card, I really love the paper :)

Kit said...

fabulous card and I love the attitude this Anya stamp has :o)

Trina said...

Very cute with the tapes!

gobeagirl said...

Amy this "Like Totally ROCKS!" lol... I of course love Madden, she just looks so 80s. I really love how you used the cassette and how you colored it. You always give me really fun ideas on how cute everything can be made. lol... I wish tons of luck getting down to it today. Madison has a friend coming over and I am hoping that I will be able to stay focused and get my work done as well. We'll see.. lol... Sending you loads of sunshine! Hugs, Lisa

Tress said...

Amy, she's so cool! Glad she was available for purchase. Just had to scoop her up!

Zarah said...

You shuold send this one to yourself - because YOU rock! :D

biggirlbri said...

She turned out so cool! Love all the bright colors and papers. Awesome job on Madden's hair. Another fantastic card!!!
Tiffany

Leanne said...

This card is so awesome! I love all the fun colors you used to color her up, and her hair, just fabulous! The theme is totally 80's here and again... way awesome!
;)

RiNNE said...

WoWoWOWow!! I love her hair, Amy!!! Your coloring is totally amazing!! She is rocking'!!!! Congrats on DTC :).