Friday, February 24, 2012

Something Splendid

TGIF everybody!

To be honest, I'm feeling more like, "Whoa! Where did this past week go?" Seriously, I can't believe it's already Friday. No complaints though, considering I'll be enjoying the weekend off. :)

Hopefully y'all aren't getting tired of seeing more Dear Lizzy papers. I'm still working with the Neapolitan scraps that were created from the first couple cards I made using them. I just can't stop using this line! But look at the cuteness of that jar... can you blame me?
My plan was to make a super quick card and I even pulled out one of Christy Croll's darling Pixies from a Stamping Bella set to do just that. With a little bit of altering to make her look like she is peeking around the lid I figured I would be done even quicker. But as I started to put it together, I kept getting hit with different ideas to add. Like the jar... I loved the idea of adding that 'something splendid' label to it but wouldn't it be cool if it looked like it was actually on glass? So I traced the jar outline onto a transparency and cut it out with the addition of some tabs to tuck behind the jar and hold it in place. That added some time but the added dimension looks really cute in person. Then to help the sentiment on the label make a bit more sense, I decided to add an additional tag wrapped around the jar which required more slicing and threading. In the end it was all worth it because this one makes me really happy! :)

Ok, time for me to sign off... catch ya on the flip side!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/stickers- American Crafts Dear Lizzy (Neapolitan)
stamps- Stamping Bella (Pixies set A), Technique Tuesday (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Kaiser Craft gems
transparency
Papertrey Ink twine
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- Y11, Y13, Y19
wings/clothes- R02, R32, G000, BG11

18 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! This is stunning!

MILA25 said...

Świetna :)
Pozdrawiam Mili

Trina said...

Adorable!

Madu said...

красиво!

chrilvian said...

hiihihhi funny

Maria Therese said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaawwww ♥♥

Crafty Loops said...

Such a cute card, I love it. Lee x

Leanne said...

Stinkin' cute and worth all the extras Amy! And I am lovin' that paper. Have a wonderful weekend off!
;)

Tress said...

This one really made me smile!

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is sooo darn Adorable! What a FABBY card. love all the work you put into it!!! Have an AWESOME weekend off!!!
hugs, Heidi

Rhonda Miller said...

Soo cute.

Mette said...

Super card Amy - just absolute love the fairy peeping over the jar lid - is she gonna be inside the jar tomorrow lol?

Huggles, Mette

Mimi said...

super sweet, cute card!! the extra embellies are so adorable! enjoy your weekend! ;D

Jas said...

So cute! Been MIA so busy being a mom and try to catch up with all your beautiful cards! TFS!

biggirlbri said...

So cute! I love how she is peeking out from over top of the jar. Great spring colors.

Cami said...

So pretty, and I love how you did the tag on the jar! What a lovely touch.

Debora said...

So so cute Amy! I love it!

RiNNE said...

Amazing details!!! Your mason jar technique is genius!!!! I just looove this line too :). Awesome!