Monday, February 13, 2012

Let's hang...

Hello my fellow stampers.
Hope you are ready to tackle a brand new week!

I'm heading off to work this morning but before I do, I have this card to share. About a month ago I colored up a Copic grey comparison chart for the Color Me Copic blog and I used Creeper Madden from The Greeting Farm. Her awesome head of hair just made her the perfect candidate. ;)
Well, they have been sitting on my desk for awhile so I thought it was time to get another Madden on a card. You see, this isn't the first of the four Madden's that I've colored all up... the first one was actually published in the very first issue of the new Designed to Color magazine!


If you haven't checked out DTC yet, I highly recommend that you do. Carisa has been working hard to fill a void in our US paper crafting publications. And I really hope to watch Designed to Color flourish and grow because in my opinion any sort of focus on coloring, character type stamps, and the cards and projects featuring them has been sorely lacking here in Stateside publications. Even in special 'stamping' editions of current magazines I've only ever seen stamping which requires little to no coloring... nothing even close to the kinds of cards that so many of us love to create. More often than not it seems that the published cards are only there to showcase the papers and coordinating embellishments that are currently available in stores. Which, yes, I understand that it is those paper companies paying the advertising dollars, but it is still disappointing when your area of crafting seems to be constantly neglected.

Whoa... who let me climb up onto my soapbox, LOL! But seriously, there are a lot of us out here who are passionate about coloring and creating and Designed to Color is giving us a magazine that will finally be geared to inspiring like minded stampers. How can you not love that? And if you have ever thought about trying to get some of your work published, calls are still open for the second issue of the magazine coming out in April. Don't use Copics? Not a problem! DTC is all inclusive when it comes to representing different coloring mediums. So think about submitting some of your best, new work and who knows... we may just get to see it in print! :)

Stay classy San Diego!


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Love, Elsie
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Creeper Madden and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Kaiser Craft gems
Tim Holtz tiny attacher
Littlest Pet Shop sticker
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, BG10, BG11, YG00
hair- T5, T7, T9, T10
clothes- RV23, RV25, RV29, Y11, Y21, YG00, YG01, YG03, YG17, RV32, RV34, C5, C7, C9, BG18

12 comments:

Hlora said...

Very bright and beautiful Amy!))

Creations by Shirl said...

love that hippish look on Creeper Maaden. awesome colour/combo...

Heidi Brawley said...

love your hair coloring!!! Lovely card!!! Will have to check out the magazne some more. Sounds Awesome!
Hugs, Heidi

p.s. Happy Monday doll!!!!!!!!

Leanne said...

This card rocks! Those colors just jump out and say YEA! (hahaha) I am happy to say that I am the recipient of the first issue showcasing some amazing coloring talent. Included in there is your card and tutorial. It's pretty awesome.
Have a gr8 week!
;)

Dotty Jo said...

Oh wow, LOOK AT HER HAIR!!!!! Love the brighness of this card - it's a total delight, Jo x

Unknown said...

Love this card Amy..Thanks for the info on the magazine..I had no idea they had open calls..I will definately be looking into it!=)

Tonje said...

Bright and cheery card! Your colouring is fab!
What a wonderful magazine! Love all your featured cards/ gray scale comparison. Wow!

Cami said...

Hi Amy! This is a gorgeous card and again, I love how you colored her black hair. I checked out Designed to Color and it is an awesome e-zine! You gals worked hard to put this together and I think we all appreciate it. It is chock-full of wonderful ideas and the best tips on Copic colors to use. Kudos to all of you. I noticed you also posted several different coloring options for her hair, but didn't want to print out all 31 pages. I'll just jot down notes from your pages. You gals truly are inspirational.

Cami

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Amy this is gorgeous!! I love your colouring and that little kitty hehe :)

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I am so with you on all the other card magazines out there. lol. I have been getting emails out this magazine, but I honestly don't know how to get a copy and of now that you are in it I HAVE to have an autographed copy of it. I will have to find out how to get it and then I am going to mail it to you to have you sign it. Now, as for your Madden card I LOVE IT! I so reminds me of Madison and her new cat that passed all his blood test tonight. He is for sure a Casper. lol... I love your coloring on her and her LPS cat is just too adorable! Hope you had a great day. Hugs, Lisa

Marianne said...

Looks like you managed to surprise even Madden with your outburst of bright and happy colours.

RiNNE said...

I was wondering why that wast in the paper crafting magazines -- why we hardly see any coloring so to speak! Wonderful card! Amazing coloring!!!