Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Good thoughts

Hello, hello!

I've got a lot going on today so I'm gonna jump right into the card that I have to share.
Once again I'm back on my "ink up the neglected stamps" campaign and this go-round it was time to flip through my Ketto collection. I'm actually proud to say that there are very few of these cuties who haven't made it on a card or two yet. But I did find Ivy Ketto looking all fresh and clean so out she came and jumped right onto a clear block. In my defense, Ivy was one of the last Kettos that I got, so she hasn't been waiting for too long. ;)

This card also turned out to be one of the rare occasions when I used stamps to set the scene rather than relying on pattern paper. And Ivy is actually stamped twice, once on the background cardstock and then again on some Copic X-Press It, because I knew that there was no way I would be able to cut out all of the skinny vines, arms and pigtails. This way, all I had to fussy cut was the basic outline of her dress, head and legs.

Okey dokey... chat at'cha again in 24! :)

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic -Press It
paper/border sticker- My Mind's Eye (Tres Jolie)
stamps- Stamping Bella (Ivy Ketto), Hero Arts (sentiment, leaf, butterfly)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox dark brown and green
Prima flowers
button
Kaiser Craft pearls
twine
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- E74, E77, E79
clothes- BG11, BG23, BG57, G20, G24, G82, BG96, BG99
branch- YG00, YG13, G43

19 comments:

Mette said...

This is really sweet Amy. I love the Ketto stamps too. Hm - maybe I need a mission like yours "give neglected stamps some lovin'" :).

Hugs, Mette

Andrea said...

Oh, doesn't she look adorable?!! I love your stamped background.
Love, Andrea xx

Heidi Brawley said...

OHHH this is Beautiful!! Love it all!! I don't have any of these gals.
Have a GREAT day!
hugs, Heidi

Marianne said...

Oh, this is so sweet! May need to check out these stamps myself. On the other hand, I've already been hoarding stamps this past year (including lots of sentiment stamps in the January sale), many of which have never been inked up as yet (or printed for that matter). I would love a sabbatical to get really crafty, but that would probably mean I won't be able to buy more crafting 'necessities', LOL.
Oh well, you cannot have it all, and I'm very thankful that I'm able to work all year when many of my friends only have work during the summer months and are always struggling to make ends meet during the winter months.
Marianne x

Lau W said...

Your card is beautiful ! Such a cute stamp, love the dress !
xxx

Auntie Em said...

Your card is so sweet and charming! Love the little lady on her branch. I love reinking a few of my older stamps.
Thanks for the inspiration! :)

THERESA said...

This is gorjuss, but then all your creations are just super!!!
Made a card with Georgia, at last, lol, have a look here ...
http://craftsfriendsangels.blogspot.com/2012/02/another-sneak-candy-peak.html
Just as a Thank You again!!!
lotsa luv

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card.

Tina Mayo said...

she is adorable sitting there up on your card...I believe you just made me want to go buy her..Does anyone else do that? see a stamp on a card, and just have to have her. thanks for showing your sweet card..guess I will be heading over to Stamping Bella..lol

Mimi said...

oh just so sweet!! love the scene you made with Ivy, super adorable! have a great day! ;D

Hlora said...

Very bright job! Love this image! the card is fantastic!!!

MagsB said...

Oh what a cutie Ivy is! Fab card!

love Mags B x

Anne-Marie said...

I love how you combined the stamps to make something so cute...just lovely!

Leanne said...

Cute! Fun addition to the dp. I have to unearth my kettos and ink them up! Gr8 inspiration Amy!
;)

Zarah said...

Amaaazingly pretty!!

Ps. Did you see that you were chosen one of the top inspiration blogs at Tiddly Inks' blog? :)

Sudha said...

Very pretty. LOve this.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in
http://sudha-kalra.blogspot.in/p/shop.html

Marzenciuk said...

Oh, I love this stamp.

RiNNE said...

Ivy looks wonderful, perched up in the corner of your stellar creation! Love that sentiment!

Unknown said...

Aww I love this. They are all so cute. Following your GFC. You can find me @ www.onecreativeprocrastinatinggal.blogspot.com