Friday, February 17, 2012

Thank you for being my friend...

Does anyone else have the opening song from Golden Girls running through their head after reading that line? LOL

TGIF my friends!
Yesterday was a pretty good day and I am happy to report that a Dove chocolate or two did the trick and I'm feeling right as rain. I was feeling so good in fact that I decided to take the time to film another 'start to finish' card making series. I got a lot of wonderful comments on the one I did last month so I'm thinking of trying to make it a monthly thing. The videos can be found here, here and here or over on Color Me Copic if you want to take a look-see.

Not only did I ink up yet another neglected stamp from my stash (two, if you count Simply Anya's legs, LOL) but I also put a new paper pad to work. Sure, those little 6x6 pads look real pretty all lined up on their shelf but the satisfaction of actually ripping into those papers is even better then seeing them neat and organized. All four of the new Miss Caroline paper pads can be found at the ATS store and even though I only used the Fiddlesticks line, all four of them are super cute in their own way. :)

Well as much as I would like to stay and chat, it's time for me to go get myself ready for the day.
Smooches!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (Miss Caroline Fiddlesticks)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Boho Anya and Simply Anya), Studio G (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
crochet lace
buttons
Tim Holtz tiny attacher
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E23, E27, E29, W8
clothes- V22, V25, V28, YR30, Y11, Y21, G0000, G000, BG90, BG93

19 comments:

Madu said...

красиво!!!!!!!!!

Hlora said...

very nice image! Love the buttons as the embellishments) They look great here)

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, I love this card. She looks so cute and her hair is just perfect as always. I can't wait to watch your video when I get home from work tonight. I love that paper as well.. I can see where some of my paycheck is headed. lol... Have a great Friday. Hugs, Lisa

Heidi Brawley said...

omg your card is super cute! I love those colors you used!!! I will have to check out the video on my lunch hour. i got the text yesterday that it was up but the night got a hold of me and now it's a new day!!! Whew! I hope you have an Awesome weekend!!!
hugs, Heidi

Unknown said...

This is so cute Amy, what a darling image and I love the soft colours you used xxx

Leanne said...

Yep, now the theme is stuck in my head, but I actually like it. (hehe) Aw, this is a lovely card Amy. The gorgeous colors and layout is fantastik and I love your swap. And this really looks like it's on wood. (so cool) I have time this weekend to squeeze in your vids. Sorry i've been neglectful. I got some popcorn and cherry pepsi ready for the show.
Have a fabulous weekend and so happy the chocolate helped you.
;)

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card sweetie ♥♥♥

Marzenciuk said...

What more can I say.... Beautiful....

yvon said...

This is just beautiful Amy. Love those images aswell.
Hugs, Yvon

Mimi said...

how sweet!! the colors are so soft and pretty! gorgeous layout and details! have a great day Amy! ;D

Hanneke said...

Such a cute card! Love the image and the flowers and buttons! Great colors you used! I have a birthday candy on my blog btw! Hugs, Hanneke

Bilyana said...

Wow this is amazing... I wish i could make sth like that <3

Tonje said...

Loved your videos. It's so fun to see how you work!
I like how you altered the image. And the DP is so sweet!

biggirlbri said...

Boho Anya/Simply Anya turned out so cute and I do like the longer legs. Great idea. :) Love the colors, lace and buttons. Another great card Amy. I always look forward to a new video!!! :)
Tiffany

THERESA said...

Just gorjuss, love it!!
Sorry been so m.i.a. , but work is hectic, may get my puter next month, then things can start to resume to normal, whatever that is, lol
ps: recieved my SS in the mail and are so thrilled, love it! Always wanted some crinkle ribbon and here you send me some, thanks so , so much!!
lotsa luv

Nancy Thomas said...

Super cute image with great hair as always! Love the new MME pads too (but you already new that!). The colors in this are so pretty as is the scattered buttons and lace.

Cami said...

Very pretty card and I love the button treatment here! The DPs are pretty and so is that crochet lace trim on the bottom. Have a wonderful weekend, Amy!

Marianne said...

She's so cute and those buttons are such a perfect match for the soft-coloured pp. Hope you have a great weekend!
Marianne x

RiNNE said...

Lovely shabby chicness! Great altering!!!