Sunday, April 22, 2012

Bugging you...

Olo!

I finished A Storm of Swords last night and I have to say that it was my favorite book of the series so far. They have all been amazing but whoa, there was just so much to take in with this one. I've had comments asking about the Songs of Ice and Fire series and they are adult fantasy novels that I promise will transport you to another time and place. If you love the Lord of the Rings trilogy then these books will be right up your alley.
I'm already a couple of chapters into A Feast for Crows and it should be interesting. It looks like there are quite a few new characters being introduced as we are taken into new parts of the Seven Kingdoms that so far have only been mentioned in the previous novels but not really explored. Yep, I'm being sucked right back in again! LOL

Now onto my card... I found this little Pure Innocence Ladybug already colored up and cut out while straightening my desk, and since I was in a time crunch again she made this one super quick. The little ladybug rub-ons where also on my desk and since they are part of the October Afternoon Cherry Hill line that got me to pulling out the matching papers from my scrap bags and just going to town with it all. I know that they are older and I can't really think of an October Afternoon line that I haven't been crazy about but I gotta say that Cherry Hill still remains in my top 3 lines that they have ever made. Love.

Ok, I'm hoping that today is just as sunny and beautiful as yesterday was so that I can get out there and soak it all in... with plenty of sunscreen I assure you! ;)

Later gators!


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon (Cherry Hill)
stamps- My Favorite Things (Ladybug and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
October Afternoon Cherry Hill rub ons
American Crafts knock out border punch and twine
Prima flowers
buttons
My Favorite Things chat bubble die-namics
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E08, E09, E19
clothes- C5, C7, C9, R05, R08, E09, BG000, 0

13 comments:

Hlora said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hlora said...

it is nice a lot)))

Mette said...

wonderful card Amy. Love all the colours and that's one sweet bug :).

Love fantasy books myself and will have to give your recommendation a try but would like to trow the name David Eddings to you. Brillant fantasy writer and you'd love them.

Have a wonderful day and send some sun my way. It's raining here A LOT lol.

Hugs, Mette

Leanne said...

hehehe, this is cute. love all the pretty details and the fun layout!

Well since those are fantasy and you say like LOTR I'll have to look in to them. Love those kinds of books. Thanks for the tip!
Have a lovely day and yes sunscreen is our friend. lol
;)

Trina said...

Are you watching the show on HBO? After the first season, I read the first 3 books! I have the fourth on my phone, but haven't started it.

Very cute card! The colors are happy!

Tara Godfrey said...

Ah she couldn't possibly bug anyone, Amy...she is just too darn cute! Love this card and your beautiful colouring and all the great details!
Hugs,t

Tonje said...

Don't think she would bug anyone... great card. Gorgeous colours!

Kellie said...

I swear these images were made for you to use, every time you use one you make me want to get that exact one! Your colouring is amazing as always, love it xx

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is super cute!!!!! I love this PI girl!!!!
hugs, Heidi

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Super cute Amy! I love the image and the sentiment made me smile hehe :) Glad you are enjoying the fire and ice books - they are a great read!

Lisa H. said...

she's darling! love the combo of papers and those sweet flowers. lovely, just lovely!

Mad for Paper said...

This is too cute for words! Love you combination of papers.
Ang

RiNNE said...

Awwww, this made me smile! Great use of the Bingo card. Absolutely cute!