Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A rainy day kind of preview...

Hi folks!

Sweet November is taking a small break this month but no worries, we'll be back with new cuties from Sweet November Land in May! This means I'll be jumping right into the CC Designs previews today. :)

The Swiss Pixies are in the spotlight and this new girlie is called Rainy Day Birgitta. She has ducked beneath a leaf to avoid being drenched by a passing spring rain. Now the sun has returned to dry everything off and provide Birgitta with a glorious rainbow to brighten the rest of her day.
I decided to focus more on a color palette that reflected the rain aspect of this new image and worked with a lot of blue. To be honest, blue is probably one of my least go-to colors so this was quite the change of pace for me. I also had fun playing around with that leaf and trying to convey the green tone that it would cast down on her as the light shined through it. To do that I actually chose to use the E80's Copic family for her hair because those browns naturally have a greenish undertone to them. Then I really reinforced it by adding some of the YG03 to the highlights in her hair as well. I also pulled the YG21 onto her skin a bit but my photo isn't really picking that up unfortunately.

The sentiment is also a new one from AmyR that is part of the soon to be released So Wordy set. Speaking of releases... all of the new stamps will be available Friday, April 6th in the All That Scraps store. Until then, you will want to be sure and check out the ATS blog each day for plenty of chances to win!

Later gators! :)

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- BoBunny and My Mind's Eye
stamps- CC Designs (Rainy Day Birgitta), AmyR (So Wordy sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Lawn Fawn twine
Kaiser Craft gems
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E84, E87, E89, YG03
clothes- B97, B99, BV29, B91
leaf- YG21, YG03, YG67

23 comments:

Marianne said...

Once again, your colouring is amazing, Amy! You really succeeded in letting the light filter through that leaf and reflect onto the hair. Well done on the blues, too! ;-)
Marianne x

Hlora said...

Опять очередной шедевр!! Очень красиво!))

Arabella said...

This is so cute Amy! I love the shades of blue you chose!

Arabella

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is ADORABLE! The first thing I noticed before I even read your blog was the fact that it looks like the sun is casting a shadow over her leaf and making it look like she is sitting under a green tent. lol... Truly, I think you did an awesome job on her and I so get what you were going for and oh my, I think you NAILED this! I even had Jerry come over and look as I think this is just so cool looking. lol... Yes, my poor hubby gets drug into blog land.lol.. He is a good guy however and he comes over when ask. The good news for him is that he always gives me the correct response. lol... Seriously, he thinks your card looks fanstatic too. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Lisa & Jerry :O)

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the depth you achieved with your coloring on her dress - I love all the blues Amy - just gorgeous.

jeanne girl said...

Love it Amy!! The colors are great and your coloring is superb!!

Unknown said...

This is adorable Amy, love the bold colours and sweet image.. just got me a Sweet November Stamp yay .. I always think of you when I see the Sweet Nov stamps he he :D

Lau W said...

Oh such adorable stamp ! Love this card, very nice !
xxx

Mary J said...

Gorgeous Amy! That colour combo is gorgeous and love how you coloured her dress and leaf!

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous coloring Amy!

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous coloring Amy!

Mimi said...

Beautiful! The colors are so tranquil and just love the casting of shadows! Awesome card Amy! ;D

Shari said...

I absolutely LOVE the colors and especially the highlights from the leaf! In are in inspiration to all of us wanna bees.

Heidi Brawley said...

Love your card!!! It is very lovely as usual!!! I love your work and brag about it all the time. I tell people they need to check out your blog and your Amazing creations!!
Have a Great week!!
hugs, Heidi

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful! Love how you made the leaf shine green light on her hair ♥ Hoping you are having a sweet Easter!

Leanne said...

You do blue so well Amy! This is fun and I love the illusion you created with the greens. Super cute!
Hope it's a sun shiney forecast for you today.
;)

Isa said...

It´s adorable !! The colours are very cute ;) Hugs Amy !

Tracy said...

So precious Amy! Absoulutely love how you colored her!!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

She is so cute Amy! Love the new image and your beautiful colouring :)

Anne said...

She's a cutie patootie for sure Amy and as always coloured beautifully.
Anne x

Tonia said...

Amy,

Have you ever thought of stamping some of your adorable fairies onto a pair of TOMS shoes? I think customized Sweet November shoes would be fabulous! Instead of Copics you could color them with fabric paint!

As always, today's card is fantastic!

Delphine said...

So beautiful, Amy! I love the shades of blue and your choice of colours for her hair is so clever:-)! Hugs Delphine xx

RiNNE said...

Love how she just pops out against the dark blue background (which is gorgeous!). Love the coloring!