Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Blessings

Hey there!

It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday... LOL sorry, I couldn't help myself!

So we are just a couple days away from Easter and I'm already salivating thinking about that ham dinner and deviled eggs... yum! Oooo and some jellybeans too! ;)
In the meantime I've still got some Easter cards to share. Today I used one of the original Miss Anya's from The Greeting Farm and altered her just a bit by opening up her eyes. I've always thought that this little lady looks so ready for spring with her pretty basket full of tulips. I had a lot of Neapolitan scraps still hanging out on my desk so I decided to embrace a more haphazard layout design with little bits tucked in and layered together here and there. It was definitely a fun way to utilize all those little bits of pretty paper but my linear loving self still twitches a bit wanting to straighten a piece here and there. But I'm proud to say that I managed to leave well enough alone and Anya seems to be right at home amongst the mix.
I was also inspired to make my own little stick pin pennant as I've been seeing a lot from different paper companies recently. I'm happy to report that it was very easy to do and it opened up a whole different way for me to add a sentiment to my card which is great.

Ok, time for me to scoot my boot and get ready for the day.
See ya in 24!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- American Crafts (Dear Lizzy Neapolitan)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Miss Anya), Verve (sentiment), Basic Grey (stitches)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox creamy brown
ribbon
stick pins
Kaiser Craft pearls
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Copics:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E30, E31, E34, E35
clothes- G0000, G000, G00, BG34, W00, W1, E40, R0000, R00, R02, Y000, R20, R22, R24, YG03, YG67

18 comments:

Leanne said...

Morning Amy!
Aw, love this one! Miss Anya definitely looks lovely with opened eyes! The fun use of the paper and those stitches is fabulous. Love that pin banner, very creative.
Have a great day and Happy Friday to you too!
;)

Alina said...

Love this card! The colors are joyful! And I like the stitching in the sides! Lovely!

Rosa Forino said...

un salutino veloce per augurarti serena pasqua ciao rosa.kreattiva

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous ♥

Anonymous said...

love it !

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this card is super cute!!! jealous of all the Easter cards you made up!!! Have a very Happy Easter and an Awesome weekend too!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Kim said...

Love this colorful spring card. Your coloring is gorgeous as always.

Hugs Kim

Mimi said...

Happy Friday Amy! Lovely card with Miss Anya. Pretty papers and cute layout! Have a Happy Easter weekend! ;D

Shazza said...

this is gorgeous x

donna mikasa said...

Happy Easter, Amy! Love the "haphazard" composition and how you opened up her eyes! Such pretty colors, too! Enjoy your weekend!

Isa said...

Beautiful the colours and the girl, love it !

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is simply adorable! I love how you have put this all together. It is hard for me to make as well, but I always love how it looks. lol.. Great tag/sentiment idea as well. I hope that you enjoy your ham & eggs... The ham sound sooooo good. We are going low key with the M&Ms, but I am sure it will be a fun day. Hugs, Lisa

Kelly Schelske said...

So sweet Amy! I have that image..should dust it off:-) Love the stitching around the edges too!

Arabella said...

I love this one Amy! Fabulous use of white space and yummy papers!

Arabella

Juls said...

i love this so so so much!!! Love the soft colours you have used, all the layers and the stitching detail on the edges of the card!! inspirational!! Hugs Juls

Lou Mac said...

Oh my goodness!! *wipes drool from chin* THIS!! Is BEAUTIFUL!! Love the whole haphazard layout and your perfect pearl placement (should get that copyrighted ;)) heehee. Anya is looking super sweet annd coloured up to perfection! xo

RiNNE said...

Man, she looks like Lizzy K! The designer of Dear Lizzy! :) :) :) If ever there was a card to advertise the line of Neapolitan, Amy, this would be it! And you know how much I love and use that line too! Perfect Spring card!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is wonderful, I love all the details on this one!