Friday, April 27, 2012

A story to tell...

TGIF my friends!

Any crafting plans for this weekend? Nothing special on the calendar for me but maybe I'll get into my crafty room on Sunday to do a much needed clean and organize. I think that I've been bitten by a spring cleaning bug and I would love a few solid days to just totally go through and take stock of everything... maybe even find new homes for some of it that have been going unloved. No telling when that will really happen though. 

And even though my mind is currently on cleaning that doesn't mean that I'm not getting a few new goodies here and there. These tiny little wood veneer birds where hard to resist and they are absolutely perfect sized embellishments for us card makers. I also got some tiny stars and hearts that I can't wait to play with as well. I paired the birds up with this On Top of the World Gorjuss Girl because the original image has a couple of birds around her, though I trimmed them away. Oh, and a quick PSA on the Crate Story Teller 6x6 paper pad... the prints are not scaled down from the 12x12 size. Well, one of them is, the blueprint looking paper, but all of the rest are exactly the same which is a disappointment. Especially since the aerial map prints really needed to be shrunk down to work well on cards. I don't get why Crate would revert back to this and I hope it's not a sign of things now that they are under the American Crafts umbrella. Still, the papers are fun and I love the mix of colors and prints in it... kind of vintage with a summer time vibe.

Alright, time to get out there and enjoy your Friday folks. See ya in 24! :)      
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/stickers- Crate Paper (Story Teller)
stamp- Santoro (On Top of the World Gorjuss Girl)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox chestnut roan
Studio Calico wood veneer birds
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E50, YR31, YR23, Y26, E35
clothes- B34, B37, B39, BV29, BG70, BG72, 0, E81, R05, E09

13 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE!!! Very Adorable!!! I love her Raggedy Ann look she has going on. Love your creations. You can send some of your stuff our way. We will give it some LOVE!!!! Hope your weekend is AWESOME!!!TGIF!!
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Mette said...

Seems everyone is doing a some crafty cleaning lol.
Lovely fresh and happy card which is cheering up my grey Friday (yup, still raining here but this is England lol). Love all the Gorjuss girls and this one is so sweet.

Have a fab Friday Amy. Hugs, Mette

Lou said...

Hi! such a pretty card,really lovely image and colours too.
Love the papers Amy and those birds are very sweet.
Could do with doing a tidy up,can't see my desk lol!!
Have a lovely weekend,hugs Lou.xx

Arabella said...

This is so sweet Amy! I love those little wooden birds! What a bummer re the Story Teller paper! I just received mine, but haven't had a chance to look at it properly yet!

Arabella

Kelly Schelske said...

So cute Amy! Love those wee birdies!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is such a sweet card. I love how you have colored her and how you have shaded her apron. Very pretty. Great papers as well, but much like you I would rather they scale them down. That is disapointing to say the least. lol... It is beautiful here today, but still cold out (40 degrees) at 9am. Amazing and surprising that we're all not sick. lol.. Oh well at least we can walk without dying from the heat so far. Hope you have a great Friday. Hugs, Lisa

Lau W said...

So pretty card, so fresh and happy !
xxx

Maria Therese said...

So cute !

Danni said...

The little birdies are cute! Adorable card!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Very sweet!

Rhonda Miller said...

So cute.

Leanne said...

Adorable card Amy! I love the Spring time country feel of it. Gorgeous bright colors and those birds are a terrific touch.
Hope you had a fantastic Friday.
;)

RiNNE said...

So darling, Amy! Hope you got a lot of cleaning done! I need to do so much of that as well!