Monday, April 23, 2012

Days of happiness

Hi ya!

OMGoodness yesterday was absolutely gorgeous! Sunny and 75 all day and then a nice little breeze to cool it all down in the evening. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. Got some trees planted, sat outside and read then I even got a card made. ;)

It was high time that I inked up one of the last SOG Nouveau Girls that I got, considering the newest NG release is debuting today... yikes, I'm so behind! This fancy lady is called Fan and if you are familiar with these stamps you will notice that she is looking a bit different on my card. Yep, I couldn't help myself and played around with some altering. I just thought that she would look pretty with a bit of extra hair. So I stamped Cupcake Mae onto a scratch piece of paper and used my light box to trace her up-do onto the top of Fan's head (minus the cherry). I think the fancier 'do adds some extra elegance and enchantment to the Spring Goddess look that I was going for.
I paired her up with a pretty Hello, Spring mini set of papers from Echo Park. Even though it is only available in 12x12 size I fell in love with the pretty color combo and prints of it so I had to have it. Anytime a little orange is thrown in you know that I'm all over it! ;)

Well folks, I've got a long day ahead of me and I won't get back home 'til late. Hope your week is off to a great start!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Echo Park (Hello, Spring)
stamps- Some Odd Girl (Nouveau Fan and Cupcake Mae), Verve (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Prima pearls
CC Designs Fairwee tiny scallop border die
Sharpie white marker
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic multiliner black
Copic markers:
skin- E50, E00, E01, BV01, R00, R20
eyes- YG95, YG97, YG99, BG000, 0
hair- YR21, E97, YR27, E99
clothes- Y00, Y11, Y21, YG0000, YG00, G40, YG01, R81, R83, R85, BG0000, BG10, BG11, RV63, RV66, RV69, Y26, Y28, Y13

15 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

WOW this is BEAUTIFUL!!!! love the extra hair you gave her too!!
Have an Awesome week!
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Alina said...

Very beautiful card! Love it!

Marianne said...

Love it, and that hairdo is very elegant!
Marianne x

Kellie said...

Oooo she is stunning and your colouring of her has just given her new life, I love it!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous summer card sweetie ♥

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is so beautiful! I love all the colors and even though I haven't seen this paper set yet, I can already tell that I love it! :O) It sounds like you had a fantastic day yesterday. We didn't even have a breeze. So needless to say it was hot yesterday. I loved not having any wind as is are usual, but wow! I really wasn't ready for the heat. It did however cool down enough that we were able to get a walk in after dinner. Hope you have a great day. Hugs, Lisa

Nancy Thomas said...

So pretty - love the tropical look on this one. The hair is especially gorgeous. Funny it's so warm there and so cool here - we are getting just a bit of the nor'easter that is hitting the northeast - cool and windy.

Lau W said...

Oh such a perfect card ! Love your colouring so much ! Papers are beautiful also !
xxx

Creations by Shirl said...

Pretty Amy!
love the color/combo and gorgeous bg papers they look so refreshing...

chrilvian said...

ooo pretty. like the little dots

Dangina Martinez said...

Fabulous image! Love the color combo and how you detailed her face.
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

♥Rach♥ said...

She's totally gorgeous and I love the beautiful colors!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is lovely.

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

just gorgeous ..I love the way you coloured her hair so pretty.

RiNNE said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love how bright the card is, and the colors just scream beautiful! Your alteration is stunning, so wonderful Amy!