Sunday, April 1, 2012

Tag, you're it...

Hpapy Aripl Floos Day!

I was tnriyg to cmoe up wtih siotmnehg fnnuy and cevler to do for toayd's psot but utnortufnaely niotnhg rlaely cmae to me. So iansetd I tghuoht taht I wulod sahre a ltitle fiactod taht I fuond on the irntneet... did you konw taht by unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh?

Heeheehee... ok, so the jokester in me won out. I couldn't help myself! That is oddly cool though don't you think? ;)

Now for today's card... it was a fairly quick one considering that all of those pretty tags were part of a single sheet of paper. All I had to do was cut them out, add a bit of twine and a sentiment, then line them up across my card. Voila... layout complete. And it is so different from my usual go-to layouts that I felt like I was shaking things up a bit which is always a good thing. I added Gorjuss Girl Rose as my focal character simply because I thought she would look smashing with this Pretty Party paper. That, and I'm still on my mission to ink up some of my more neglected stamps. :)

Ok, tmie for me to siplt. Hvae fun tadoy kodids and aylwas parnk rnespsoliby. ;)

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Crate (Pretty Party)
stamps- Santoro (Rose Gorjuss Girl), Creative Cafe (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox creamy brown
Creative Cafe rub on stitches
Matha Stewart butterfly punch
Jenni Bowlin butterfly punch
Kaiser Craft gems
American Crafts twine
Fiskars border punch
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E44, E47, E49
clothes- R11, R21, R22, R24, E50, E51, E53, Y11, Y13, Y26

22 comments:

Marianne said...

Yes, I've read about that research, and it's really amazing, isn't it? The only word I couldn't make out in your story was 'fiactod' lol. Love the card.
Have a great Sunday! Hope it turned out dry and sunny? It's warm and sunny over here. Outside, that is. In my home office it's on the cool side, but it's high time I got my new laptop up and running, since it's my main tool for earning a living.
Marianne x

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous ♥♥

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Amy this is just stunning! Love her cute dress :) Haha you know I can actually read it too! How interesting! :)

Leanne said...

HAHAHA!!! LMBO! LOVE IT!! Cool idea, how long did that take to write up? You are amazingly funny and now at 5:55 am my brain is in overdrive & I'm wide awake! hahaha!! Pretty cool!
AwEdoRabLe card today!! Those tags are pretty and Rose is lovely. Her dress is PreTty!! Gorjuss card!
Have a great Sunday Amy!!
;)

Annie Rose said...

You are asoewme. I lvoe it. And, sreup-ctue crad! Hpoe you hvae a wuorfnedl day! :)

-Annie Rose

Isa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Isa said...

Ohhhhh !! English it´s very difficult for me, but today I don´t understand many things !! But I believe, I know about what are you talking .. Anyways, your card it´s Beautiful !! I love Gorjuss by Santoro :D

kim.scrapper said...

I sort of like your card.....April Fools!!! I love your card. I just bought that stamp and anxious to color her up, I love those "gorjuss" stamps, tfs

Mette said...

Aw Amy - I love Gorjuss Girls. They are so timeless and your card is stunning. Loving the colours.

Hugs, Mette

Lau W said...

This is a superb card, so lovely pretty girl !
xxx

Jacilynn said...

adorable! LOve this sweet stamp.
x

Tonje said...

Hahaha... taht was sooo fun to raed! I've herad aobut taht rsearceh too. It's qitue azamnig!

Well, enough of that... lol... Your card is amazing. The gorjuss girls are some of my favourite stamps. In fact, I coloured one up just the other day myself, but I haven't gotten round to blog the card I made with her just yet.
Happy easter!

Laura said...

Hi Amy, beautiful colours on your card! I love the tags and the way the gorjuss girl is just standing out from it all. Beautiful!
Laura xx

Mimi said...

OMG! That is hilarious! I've read that before too, and it's so amazing that I read most every word without having to think about it! ;D
Your card today is just "gorjuss"! Loved how you used the pretty tags! Have a wonderful day Amy! ;)

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is so sweet. I love your little tags that you have made. I also love your April Fools writing. Only you would think to do that. I just do it as I am a bad speller. lol.... Hope you are having a great day. I was able to use a new stamp (digi) for my card tomorrow and I have to say that I am so proud of myself. It turned out just like I wanted, so I am really in the mood to be creative today. Hugs, Lisa

Debi said...

Haha Happy April Fools! This card is beautiful! BTW, thanks for the coloring tutorials - been learning a lot!

Gloria Lee said...

Very cleaver post. Card is amazingly cute. Love the tags in the background.

Danni said...

Very neat way to use tags! Super cute card!

Unknown said...

Awww this is so sweet Amy, your colouring is fantastic as always... and you do need a spell checker he he joking .. aren't our minds amazing, I read every word of that!

Craftdee said...

Too cool, Amy!! I did know about it because my nephew has what is known as a "coding" problem, which is a form of dyslexia, and one of the exercises he was given went along these lines; the interesting thing is that this was 25 years ago!!! Cute tag, but then you never do any other knid!! Donna ☺

Cami said...

Oh Amy, you are so funny and yes, I've heard about this research, and yes, I was able to read what you wrote like it was all written correctly...how funny is that...but that's the human mind...no wonder I have a hard time finding typos LOL!!! Seriously, your card is super adorable!

RiNNE said...

Spectacular job, Amy! Very clever!