Monday, April 30, 2012

Sweet November Spotlight on... Kadie!

Hello friends!

It seems like it's been sooo long but now it's finally time to start previewing the new Sweet November stamps for May. Before we dig in and get our hands dirty I want to shine the Sweet November Guest Gal spotlight on an uber talented and upbeat card maker whom I'm pretty sure I've been following since I first started blogging... please say a happy hello to Kadie Ensley!

Kadie is a card maker after my own heart. It is undeniable that she loves to stamp and can color right up there with the best of them, but she is also passionate about playing with and mixing lots of patterned papers on her projects as well. Not only does she have a keen eye for color combos but Kadie also layers her paper backgrounds in unique and interesting ways that can't help but inspire if you ever feel yourself getting into a design rut. Kadie's cards easily transition from cute and sweet to polished and elegant yet whatever the style she is working in you can always see the love that she has for her craft. She is a positive and vibrant member of our little stamping/card making community and that is why I am so excited to have her joining us for this release! :)

Now it's time for Kadie to answer the Sweet November questionnaire... which I always look forward to reading!


 1) What color do you feel represents your personality and why?
Orange has always been my color of choice and it's not because I use it in a lot of things or wear it very often, it's because growing up people always said "blue" or "green" or "purple" and I thought orange deserved a chance too! I think I've always associated myself with the color of orange because it tends to sometimes get overlooked, but whenever you see orange, you can’t help but smile. It helps to make things bright and cheerful. I hope that I can be like orange in that way. :)
 
2) Is your style of dress/ home decor similar to your style of card making?
My personal style is VERY laid back. I'm a jeans and sweater gal all the way. My card making style is similar in one way, I usually always start with the same basic foundation every time and build up from there. After that I like to try different things and can be somewhat of a perfectionist at times...ie: I do all my stitching by hand.

3) What one thing always puts you in a good mood?
Music! I love music of all kinds.
 
4) If you could visit any time in history when would it be?
The 80's! Oh, wait, I did live the 80's and I had a blast! Some people might say those were crazy times, but it was a fun decade to grow up in. Haha, I want to go back to the future!
I would also love to visit the time and place in history when Jesus was alive. I can only imagine what that would have been like.

5) If you were a mythical creature ie. fairy, elf, mermaid, troll, wizard, witch etc., what kind would you be and why?
Oh, this is a hard one because I could see myself as any of them at one point or for different reasons, but I think I will go with elf. I think elves generally spread joy and I would like to have that job!
 
Bonus question
If you are a fellow Gleek, which character from McKinley High do you most identify with?
Tina. She is quiet a lot of the time, but that makes it all the more compelling when she does have something to say. She also has her own style and is not afraid to be who she is in the face of adversity. She is kind and sensitive to the needs of others. I only wish that my guy had killer moves like hers does!!
 
There is nuthin' wrong with lovin' orange, LOL! Great answers Kadie!  ;)

Check out the super cute card that Kadie created featuring the hoppy little Tulip Bunny Baby. Her coloring is just fantastic and I love how she has paired the stamps and border punches together to create a fun Easter scene as the main focus of her card. And her angled cuts on the background papers really caught my eye. With just a simple shift to a couple of diagonal lines Kadie has added so much movement and interest to the overall design that really gives this one a total WOW factor. So I suppose it is no surprise that I wanted to try my hand at a similar funky cut background. I chose Meadow the unicorn for my card because it has been awhile since she has pranced onto one of my cards and I missed her. Other than having a circular scene rather than an oval I pretty much CASEd Kadie right down to the button and twine bow... hey, why mess with a good thing?! Oooh... and I colored that little wood veneer bird with Copics this time and guys, I have to say that I think I'm loving the veneer embellies even more now! :)

Alrighty, so tomorrow Kadie is joining Nancy, Marion,and myself and we will be kicking off the May Sweet November release previews! You won't want to miss sneak peek week both here and over on the ATS blog... there's a brand new character from CC Designs being introduced over there today that I think you will totally adore. And as always there are chances to win all of the new goodies so don't miss out!

Later gators!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- American Crafts (Dear Lizzy Neapolitan), We R Memorykeepers (clouds)
stamps- Sweet November (Meadow), AmyR (Many Thanks sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox creamy brown
Studio Calico wood veneer bird
button
Divine Twine
CC Designs grass cutter
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
R000, R11, R21, Y13, Y21, Y26, Y28, E40, E41, 0, G03, G05, G17

11 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE Congrats to Kadie!!! Love your card Amy!!! the layout is GREAT!! Awesome papers too!
Have an Awesome week!!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

kadie said...

Amy,
You are so very sweet. Thank you so much for having me this month and thank you too for the beautiful words you shared about me and my card making style --blushing--
LOVE LOVE your CASE of my card. Brilliant work as always!! HUGS HUGS HUGS! Can't wait for tomorrow! Eeeek!

Rhonda Miller said...

What cute cards. TFS.

Mary J said...

They are both so lovely Amy! Love how you used the papers!

Mary J said...

OH, I just realised these were made by Kadie! My comments still stand though!

Leanne said...

Congrats Kadie!! It will be so fun to see all your designs with the new SN images. BTW, I can't believe you handstitch all your cards! you are a pro and a rockstar!
Two totally cute cards!
Lookin' fwd to the show!
;)

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. Wow I am loving both of you ladies cards. I really enjoyed reading Kadie's answers. It is always fun to read about someone and how they think. I have had a super super busy day, but I had to come over before I hit my warm bed. I am super excited to see your new stamps tomorrow. Hope you have a great evening. Hugs, Lisa

Marianne said...

Love both the original and the cased card. Those angled lines do make a difference! Will have to try this myself sometime.

riliska said...

This Bunny boy looks so great! Love the card a lot))

Fairy Lora said...

Đ¢his is just exquisite...fantastic colouring and the image you made is just beautiful..

RiNNE said...

Congrats to Kadie! Both cards are stunning! Love your mix of papers with Meadow! :)