Saturday, April 14, 2012

Spring blossoms

Olo!

Yeah, it's Saturday! And I've got this weekend off... there's no telling what kind of trouble I could get myself into. Though to be honest I'll probably just end up enjoying the sunshine and cleaning up the yard. I want to go into town and get some flowers for the flower pots by the front door, hopefully they have some great colors to choose from. The more orange and pink that I can find, the better. :)

So for today's card I actually inked up a new stamp that I just got this past week. Lili of the Valley recently had a free shipping deal that I took advantage of and I was happy to give this little Blossom a new home. Considering this used to be apple country, I grew up surrounded by the sweet smell of apple blossoms this time of year. And even though the orchards are fewer and further between these days, Blossom on her tree branch was totally calling to me.
I paired her up with the My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline paper pad because the soft pinks reminded me of apple blossoms and the wood grain kinda looks like the bins that we would use come harvest time. Just the right colors and textures for this tree climbing cutie.

Okey dokey ladies, enjoy your weekend! :)

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (Miss Caroline Howdy Doody)
stamps- Lili of the Valley (Blossom), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox creamy brown, Tim Holtz Iced Spruce distress
Papertrey Ink twine
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Kaiser Craft pearls
Fiskars border punch
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- YR30, YR31, Y21, E33
clothes- R00, R02, R32, BG90, G00, YR12, YR000, YG21, G43, RV00, RV10, E31, E33, E35
branch- E23, E25, E27, G40, G43, G46, YG00, R01, R24, Y18

19 comments:

kim.scrapper said...

Adorable image and very sweet card, tfs

Larisa said...

Amy, your cards are always so beautiful! This one is very beautiful too)))

Nancy Thomas said...

Delightful - love the soft colors and that image is adorable. I have some flowers to plant too but may not get around to it this weekend - family visiting. I'm also doing so herb container gardening - I always have basil and rosemary but this year I'm branching out to things like cilantro and mint. Have a great weekend.

Maria Therese said...

So cute !!

Kelly Schelske said...

Beautiful Amy! Love that sweet image!

Leanne said...

Aw, she is sweet Amy! The papers are prefect and the layout is just right. Love it!
Have a nice weekend yourself and hope you find what you're looking for. Happy Saturday!
;)

Creations by Shirl said...

Oh my I really like this image and card Amy... Just the perfect colours and perfect layout...
Hope you find those pretty shade of flowers for your front porch...
Have a great weekend...

Arabella said...

This is so gorgeous Amy! I love it!

Arabella

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this is gorgeous!!!!!! soooo very pretty. love those colors and all!!
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I hope you have a great weekend off. My back is feeling much better today, so we are getting ready to hit the road for a nice long walk. lol.... The sun is shinning and it feels wonderful outside. :O) I do however have to get 18 First Communion announcements made, but for the moment I am doing a little bit of blog hopping. I love your card and how sweet she looks sitting her her apple tree. I can smell them from here. When I was about 8 we had an apple tree in our backyard and I used to pick the pretty flowers for my Mom.... Needless to say she never got any apples and we finally dug it out and put in a below ground pool.. lol.. I didn't know any better. :O) Have a great day. Hugs, Lisa

Cami said...

Hi Amy! Very sweet, cute, and adorable card! Love the soft colors of these DPs and it matches this sweet little gal perfectly!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Amy.

Hugs Riet.xx

yvon said...

Such a gorgeous card and what a cute image. Love the soft colors.
Hugs, Yvon

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card- our coloring is wonderful!

Anna said...

This is so stinking cute!

tilly said...

what a delightful card, love apple blossom as well, such a pretty flower, lovely papers
Tilly

Unknown said...

adorable card as usual..I love the image..too cute!=)
Erin

Zarah said...

Too too tooooo adorable for words! I LOVE it!

RiNNE said...

The soft colors are so beautiful! Growing up near apple orchards must have been wonderful! Such a pretty creation, Amy! Love the sketch!