Saturday, April 28, 2012

One last Flutter By...

Hola chicas!

My card today is rather bittersweet... I made it for the 200th Flutter By challenge. And sadly this challenge will be the last one at Flutter By. I've enjoyed playing along in Danni's challenges for a couple years now so it will be kind of strange not having them to look forward to each week. Still, even though I will miss the challenges I couldn't miss making one final card for them. 

The challenge this week is a sketch so that took all the guess work out of the card. All I had to do was find the right papers to go along with this altered Anya that I put together. Even though the Flutter By challenge requires either a butterfly, fairy or angel to qualify, I always liked to have a fairy on my FB cards. So I thought it would be fun to alter up a little Anya fairy. I chose Sitting Cute's body with Princess Anya 3's head (minus her crown), then once she was glued together I added some vellum butterfly wings for her to flutter away with. The papers are all October Afternoon Sidewalks because the bright, happy colors totally caught my eye. And yes, that's another Studio Calico wood veneer embelly, just like the birds from yesterday. I'm really diggin' the different look that these cute things add to my cards.

I hope that if you have time to play along this week that you will join in and help give the Flutter By challenge a fond farewell. :)
Hugs!      
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon (Sidewalks)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Sitting Cute and Princess Anya 3), Daisy Bucket (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox creamy brown
K&Co butterfly vellum
Studio calico wood veneer butterfly
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
glitter ribbon
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E25, E77, E79, E49
clothes- YG00, YG03, YG17, Y11, Y13, Y17, Y35, BG000, BG32, BG34

19 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous!! And your the most awesome at mixing stamps!!

rosie said...

gorgeous. love the colours x

gobeagirl said...

Amy Miss Anya looks adorable as a little fairy. I love how you have colored her sweet brown hair and her skin as well. Adorable papers and wood embelly! I think this whole card would put a smile on anyone's face. I hope you have a great Saturday. Hugs, Lisa

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

I love how you have switched her up Amy - I really love her as a fairy :) Cute layout and colours too :)

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card. TFS.

Jenny said...

You have such a great eye for matching papers and colors. Love this last FB card!

Danni said...

I was secretly hoping you'd play along with our last challenge as I've enjoyed your creations so much for my challenge. Love this, so sweet and happy!!
Thank you again for playing along with our final FBW and for playing along all these years! You're not rid of me though--I'll still be one of your biggest fans!!
Fluttery Hugs!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Lovely card Amy!

Nancy Thomas said...

You and I were both in an October Afternoon mood today! Love the scattering of flowers - she looks like she has landed in a field of flowers.

Cami said...

Another super cute "altered Anya" card here, Amy! Everything always coordinates so well and I love how you cut out those teeny-tiny flowers from the DP to add to her hair! Even the tiny flowers are so sweet and matches the DP!

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG I love how you altered the Anyas!!!! so Amazing!! You soo Rock!!! This card is Super Adorable!!! Love it ALL!!!
hugs, Heidi

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Oh how cute.

Leanne said...

Aw, this is adorable!! Love how you altered the two Anya's to create this cutie pie. The vellum wings are gorgeous as are all those pretty flowers, and papers.
Thank you so much for joining us for the final Flutterby Challenge Amy!
Have a lovely day!
;)

Michelle said...

This is too cute! LOVE Anya's wings...gorgeous colors too! Thank you for joining in on our last challenge at FBW! Keep fluttering :D

Islander Girl said...

Oooh this is gorgeous! I may have to lift it one day! Love your eye for color combo and just how you layout all your cards!

Unknown said...

That is one adorable cutie you created there! Love the color combo and how you line up those flowers~!

Monica said...

Just gorgeus :)

Laetitia said...

What a cutie pie. I love the way you transformed this gorgeous little girl into a cute cute fairy. Love it!!!
And the fresh colours are great too!!
Great inspiration,
Laetitia

RiNNE said...

This is just awesome~ I love the color scheme, makes me smile! Your altering and paper piercing are amazing! Love her hair! So sad about Flutter By too!