Thursday, April 5, 2012

What's the story morning glory?

Olo!

I finished reading A Game of Thrones the other night and I'm officially hooked on the Songs of Fire and Ice series. A Clash of Kings is next and I'm already 50 pages in... love it! If any of you have been on the fence about jumping into these books I'm giving them two thumbs way up.

Ok, so I just got some of the new Kraftin Kimmie Flower Girls last week and I had to ink up Poppy first. Normally I would have had a ton of fun coloring her up like an orange California Poppy since they are one of my most favorite flowers evah. But as I was looking at her another favorite flower came to mind... one with a much more spring-ish look to it too, the Morning Glory! And look at that, more blue... yep, me and blue are bonding, LOL. But there was no help for it because she had to be that perfect Heavenly Blue shade.

The papers are all random scraps that I pulled from the handy scrap bags and I couldn't believe my luck when I found this old silk flower in my stash. It wasn't the right color at first but I was able to use an air spritzer with one of my Copics to give it the look I needed. Then it was time to hunt for something metal to add to my card because I wanted to enter this week's Kraftin Kimmie Heavy Metal challenge. I was about to give up my search when I came across these old flower charms that I think actually look a lot like Morning Glories... score!

Well friends, I should wrap this up and go get ready for work. I hope your day is a great one! :)


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Basic Grey (Lily Kate and Origins)
stamps- Kraftin Kimmie (Poppy and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
ribbon
CC Designs Fairwee tiny scallop border cutter
silk flower and leaves

Nunn Designs metal flower charms
Kaiser Craft pearls
Sharpie white marker
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E01, E13, V20, R00, R20, RV34
eyes- B29, B99, BG000, 0
hair- E50, E51, E53, YR30, YR31, YR23
clothes- B21, B24, B26, B0000, YG03, G07, G28, Y00, Y02, Y15, Y000

20 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful ♥ Happy easter!!

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! love it all! your coloring of her is Amazing!!!
hugs, Heidi

Isa said...

Ohhhhhhh So pretty !! I love her legs, are cute with that ribbon, Love it !

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Love this Amy! Beautiful image and lovely colours :)

chrilvian said...

wowww
great colorcombo

Rhonda Miller said...

This is beautiful. I love all the blue.

Tress said...

Lovin the new KK Flower Girl and the way you colored her! Absolutely awesome!

Marianne said...

Just perfect, Amy, but then I love blue of course. Why do you think we moved to Crete? Well ok, maybe the weather had something to do with it too LOL. Temperatures went up to 24 °C (72 °F) over here today.
Love your image, too, and those brads are gorgeous.
Marianne x

Amanda R said...

Amy this shade of blue is gorgeous and I LOVE how you did her eyes, I keep trying to enlarge it more and more to get a good close up! Thanks for playing along with us at Kraftin Kimmies!

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh My Gosh!!! Amy, this is SO beautiful...love the vibrant blue!!! Such gorgeous colouring of Poppy too and the little metal flowers are the perfect accent! Love it!!!
Hugs,t

Mette said...

Beautiful Amy. One of my favorite flowers too. Love your colouring and the details on the card.
Hope you have a wonderful Easter.

Hugs, Mette

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy she is so so pretty. I am loving your coloring in blues. You rock that color just as much as you do the reds. lol... I also love your blue flower with what looks like made to order metal flowers. Really beautiful card. Have a great day.
Hugs, Lisa

Leanne said...

Hi Amy!
Ooo!! The blues are amazing!! Once you go blue you might not go back.. lol!! Seriously gorgeous blues here. The metal flowers are a really nice touch and that blue ribbon and flower tie it all in wonderfully. Love it!
Happy Friday!
;)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anonymous said...

simply beautiful

SophiePScrap said...

Very pretty!Love the vibrant blue!

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Soooo beautiful...what vibrant colours !! Thanks for sharing !! <3

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh wow!! This is gorgeous!!! I love the flower arrangement and your coloring ROCKS! Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie this week!

Juls said...

fabulous!!! Loving the colours! Hugs Juls

RiNNE said...

I have been doing lots of blue...and your blue is so stunning! Love the ribbon, the flower, and your coloring!