Friday, April 16, 2010

Another birthday card

Hiya sweeties!

Today has got to be quick, quick, quick as I'm running out the door!
I've had this Gorjuss Girl for a while now and she was the only one that I still had not inked up yet. So when I needed an image for a quick card she was the first one that came to mind. I mixed her with the TGF cloud from the Up, up and away set to make it look like she was floating high up into the sky. On the inside I've written, "Let yourself get carried away today."
It's a pretty simple card but I like the quiet yet happy vibe it has going on. :)

Oh man, I've really got to go now... hope you all have a great weekend! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Basic Grey (Romani)
stamps- Sugar Nellie (Gorjuss Girl), The Greeting Farm (Up, up and away set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown chalk ink
American Crafts rub-on sentiment
Kaiser Craft gems
string
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, r20
hair- C5, C7, C9, 100
clothes- RV00, RV10, RV11, Y13, Y17, TG00, YG01, YG03, YG0000, R22, R24, R29
sky/clouds- B0000, B000, Y000

24 comments:

Angela said...

Amy she is just adorable and so cheery. What a great card for a Friday!! Hope you have a great weekend!!
Hugs:)
Angela

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is cute, cute cute! lol.. She looks so happy. It is a very fun card for a Friday indeed. Have a great weekend. Lisa

Dragonlady said...

Hi Amy

Lovely card with this fab image, she is so sweet.

Hugs Ali x

Melissa S said...

Too cute! Wonderful job as always!

Claireabelle said...

Just a great card Amy!
x

Niki Estes said...

This is so sweet, Amy! I love the simple design and the focus on the image!

Shaela said...

this is so sweet! It is less busy, but I think just as gorgeous as your other creations - I'm sure the recipient will love it :)

Maria Therese said...

Aaawww..I love those gorjuss girs! Your card is supersweet Amy!

Lysa said...

So cute.. love how she is just "floating" away!

RiNNE said...

The balloon just pops out so beautifully -- you did a wonderful job coloring it! Such a pretty scene with the clouds and the adorable happy birthday font.

donna mikasa said...

Oh, my goodness! I think I have her, too....uncut and uninked! Love how she's flyin' in the clouds! Such a great idea--love this clean, simple design! Have a wonderful weekend, Amy!

Leanne said...

Super sweet and fun card. I love the sentiment as well. Happy Weekend!

Jodi said...

She is soooo cute!! I love how you have the balloon flying off the page, awesome idea!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Joy said...

cute card...love the gorjuss girls...I hope they plan to make more. have a great weekend!

WickedPixie said...

Amy, this is so sweet! I love how she is floating above the clouds with her balloon - I wish I had thought of it!! And you used paper from my very favorite paper collection, ever!! :-) Traci

1LuvnMama said...

Awww Amy!
She's must be going to heaven with that red balloon! Luv the fact that the balloon is off of the card! Clever!

Alice said...

super card, Amy!! LOVE that she is flying away. too cute!

Unknown said...

how cool, amy! Love how she's going aboveall those clouds! Very creative!

Tasha said...

I think its gorgeous and totally cute! Love the balloon
love tasha xx

Shirley N said...

Oh my she really looks like she's flying. Beautiful Amy!

Kerry said...

I'm "flying" away, totally gorgeous! I love her!!!

Marsha said...

Love the added clouds ! Such a great idea, I might use it for a card of my own in the future ;-) These Gorjuss Girls from Sugar Nellie are one of my favourite stamps ...

Marsha

Andrea C said...

hehe this is great, very imaginative x

Crafty Jenn said...

So cute! I love the bright red balloon. Good thing you reminded me about the Up, Up and Away set. I almost bought another stamp set just for the cloud. Duh! I need to look through all my stuff more often so that doesn't happen!