Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday, Monday...

and what a Monday it is. Finally a day off! ;)

Not only that but there is also a fun Monday Mania challenge issued by 1LUVNMAMA that really had me stepping outside my comfort zone. This week Mama wants us all to create a 3D gift set and matching card. I highly recommend that you head on over to CA&Friends and/or Mama's blog to see what she has made for her inspiration... O-M-G! I am still in complete awe of her paper crafting skills, I swear there's nothing this talented crafter can't build out of just cardstock and pretty papers! :)

Now for me, the card part is no problemo but I honestly don't do much 3D work, so I really had to put my thinking cap on. Hmmm... what would be a fun gift to make using my stamps? Why not pull out the old Badge-a-minit and whip up some fun pieces of flair (any other Office Space fans out there? LOL)
So that's just what I did and I wanted to use some of the very first TGF stamps that I ever bought... the three little fairies; Tink, Eva and Chloe. I don't know if they technically count for Club Anya, especially since I don't think they are even in the store anymore (sadness), but I just had to show them some love. Plus I'm secretly hoping that Marie will eventually expand this line with at least three more of these cuties... hint, hint, wink, wink, fingers crossed! ;)
Then I simply made a quick little box with an acetate cover that slides on and off and the matching card. It's no where near as impressive as Mama's but I am A-Okay with that! :)

Alrighty, it's time for me to go enjoy the day... hope yours is lovely too!
Supply list:
cardstock- Paper Trey Ink
paper- American Crafts (Dear Lizzy), Heidi Swapp (card base)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Fairy Tink, Fairy Eva, Fairy Chloe)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown chalk ink
Doodlebug alpha rub-ons
Kaiser Craft pearls
Prima Flowers
ribbon
clear transparency
Badge-a-minit
Sakura stardust pen
Copic spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E21, E11, R20
everything else- R30, R32, R22, Y21, Y32, Y35, G00, BG32, BG34, Boooo, 0

23 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. They are just adorable. I love the whole set and the coloring and colors you used as just wonderful. Have a great day off. Hugs, Lisa

Rosa Forino said...

semplicemente meravigliosi... complimenti adoro soprattutto i colori che utilizzi

♥Rach♥ said...

When I read your "flair" comment, I started cracking up. I don't like talking about my flair ;0)

This set is just GORGEOUS! The buttons are a great idea and the color scheme is beautiful. The fairies were perfect for this, and you need to give yourself more credit, your 3-D work is wonderful!

kris said...

Such a cute set!!! Love those fairies!! and the colors you used is so beautiful! soft and super pretty!! Awesome take on the challenge!!

meiju151 said...

They are adorable.I like the coloring and colors and images.

Leanne said...

A very cute set! And those badges rock! Good idea for a party!

Crafty Jenn said...

Oh my goodness! This is awesome! Whoever is luck enough to receive this set is going to love it! Genius button idea. I have my "15 pieces"! Lol!

Hope the sunshine is reaching over the mountains today. It's glorious!

donna mikasa said...

Love Mama's project and yours are just too cute! Love those fairies. and the button badges are awesome!

WickedPixie said...

Amy, this is fabulous! I had some Gorjuss girl pins I wore for a while and the kids at school always asked about them, but I would love wearing these even more! :-)Traci

Kelly Booth said...

So Cute Amy...and I LOVE the Colors you used on these!!!!

Shirley N said...

Love your project Amy--those badges are toooo CUTE and I love your colors and your card design!

Jodi said...

Yes, Mama does create awesome things!! BUT, so do you Amy!! I just love these adorable badges, it's a wonderful idea and they are perfect for any occasion!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Unknown said...

So adorable! Great job :)

Tonje said...

What a cute set. Love the badges... they look soooo cool!

Unknown said...

Ooo...amy, These are just the cutest! LOVe your badges! Way cool!

Alice said...

i absolutely adore and LOVE the colors you used to color those cuties, Amy!!!! so very yummy! LOVE your awesome project!!

RiNNE said...

Tooo cute! Awesome colors and the pin idea is wonderful! Now I'm sorry that I didn't buy these fairies!

Joy said...

love your idea too. cute fairies and your coloring is so sweet. Mama is so talented and her paper skills is unbelievable! she probably could build her a house with what she got! lol! love to see what everyone is coming up with. she was so thrilled to be asked! it was so well deserving for her to host a MM! have a good day!

1LuvnMama said...

Amy~
Thank you for giving me this opportunity! I luv your 3D project and those badges are adorable! Man, you're always thinking outside the box and never have problems when it comes to crafting! You are amazing and luv everything you make!

Tasha said...

WOW amy totally awesoe gift set, and what an amazing idea - i love the cute badges
love tasha xx

Jessica Diedrich said...

You know I will try to put a bug (or a tink ;) in her ear, hahahaha. WOW this is amazing! I love the set you created here-just stunning, girl!

Maria Therese said...

Cute card and these badges what a sweet idea!!

Leanne said...

The badge idea was great! I love the matching card, it's so cute! Those badges would certainly come in handy for anything. Great idea!