Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Man... I feel like a woman!

LOL!
I've got that Shania Twain song running through my head as I'm writing this post. If you're wondering why, it's because I've done a bit of stamp altering on today's card that makes me chuckle.

You see... as soon as I got the new Wild Sprout Eric and really looked at him, I thought that with the addition of some feminine features his hair could also work for a stylin' trendy girl. So I inked him up and used a baby wipe to erase his eyes, eyebrows and mouth before I stamped the image on my cardstock. Then I just followed the steps outlined in the altering tutorials that I have linked in my sidebar to trace Dee Dee's eyes and Charlotte's mouth onto the blank face. After that I just colored the new 'her' up, lopped off 'her' head and attached it to digi Wild Sprout Charlotte's body and voila! Meet Eric's twin sister, Erica... LOL! :)

As you can probably tell, I was having a real good time playing mix and match on this one. ;)
And besides the altering the rest of the card came together really quickly. I just ripped a sheet out of a Making Memories notebook, cut it to size then added the rub-on sentiments and gems. Quick and easy!

Oh and one more thing before I sign off for today... I've still not heard back from one of last week's candy winners.

pixie sparkle, you have until this Saturday, April 17th to contact me at pete_danger@hotmail.com with your mailing addy and claim your candy. If I don't hear from you by then a new winner will be chosen and announced on Sunday's post.

Oh! Oh! Oh! Tonight's the night my fellow Gleeksters, can you stand it?! I'm positively giddy with excitement! I say bring on the music and witty banter... Glee is back baby! :)
Hopefully my work day will fly by so I can dive right back into good old McKinley High. ;)

Toodles!

Supply list:
cardstock- Jillybean Soup kraft, PTI
journaling notebook paper- Making Memories (Just Chillin' girl)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Wild Sprouts Eric, Dee Dee)
digi stamp- The Greeting Farm (Wild Sprouts Charlotte)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
Making Memories rub-on sentiments
Kaiser Craft gems
Copic Spica clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E21, E13, R20, W3
hair- E50, E51, E53, E55, 0
clothes- BG13, BG15, G16, V05, V06, RV69, Y13, Y15, Y19, R30, R32, R43, C5, C7, C9, YG21, YG23

33 comments:

MicheyMoo said...

Amy darlin!! You're a genius!! This just made me laugh n laugh!! I could instantly see what you had done and I thought it outrageously funny!! I love the new Eric and he arrived down here in the mail today (I can't wait to get HIM inky) - but this does totally work!! Erica is fabulous, darling, and the background DP is superb.
Hoping your day flys by too.....and you can get your Glee on tonight, Sistah!! Bless. xx

gobeagirl said...

Amy she is just too adorable!!!! I love her hairstyle. She really rocks it. When I first saw him I too thought he would make a beautiful girl, but I am not as talented as you (and I don't have this stamp :( so) I am really glad you made her. You made her. I love this card too, talk about cute! Like you I am hoping for a quick day at work. GLEE!!!!! I am sure I will be in stitches tonight. Have a great day my friend, Lisa

scrapn_momof2 said...

She is adorable and sassy to boot. Your card is super cute as always.

♥Rach♥ said...

She's so funny! She kind of reminds me when Kurt put on the Single Ladies outfit ;0) Fantastic altering!

Love the sentiment too, I think that in my head on a daily basis, lol.

Larisa said...

Very bright colours - I love this ))) Good card!

Marlene said...

Thanks...now I have that song in my head, too! Heeheee!!

Cute card! love the colors!

(Yes, I can't wait for GLEE tonight, either!)

Kim said...

Eric looks great in drag LOL! This is so cute!

RiNNE said...

HA! Love Eric's ---* ahem* Erica's -- new look!'. You're so excellent at altering!! And I love the card- can't believe that it's just one sheet with rub-ons!

And yay for Glee! Can't wait to watch my boyfriend, Mr. Shue start dating the sweet guidance counselor!! (did that sound weird or what?).

Kelly Booth said...

HA!!!! Love you Amy...your so Amazingly Creative!! this Rocks!!!!

~* steph :) *~ said...

too cute, amy! that's so awesome how you altered the image! love the cheerful colors. thanks for sharing :)! have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

Pam Varnell said...

Amy SHUT UP!!! This is so freakin cute. Eric makes an awesome girl. Love love love what you have done on the card. You're my hero!!!

Leanne said...

O MY! Erica is awesome! You are the queen of alterations! I love her! Great card and that sentiment is perfect!

Shaela said...

this is ADORABLE!! love the new 'do :)

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card Amy! He/ she's really cool as a girl!

Claireabelle said...

Well Amy, I have to say this is the first card I've ever seen where the image has had 'gender re-alignment' LOL Fabulous!
x

Lysa said...

AMY! You are just too clever! I love "Erica!" and all her sassy-ness!

donna mikasa said...

Sweeeeeet! I almost posted my Eric card today.....glad I waited! I love Erica! Great altering as always.....And have a GLEEful evening!

Serafiia said...

Your altering is just amazing - love this colorful card!

Jenny said...

OK- when I saw Eric, I totally thought he was a girl! Maybe you should be singing- Dude Looks Like a Lady! :)

Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Amy, love the colours on this!
Clairexx

Shirley N said...

Sooo fun Amy, super great card!!!

Kimberly S said...

Oh, you are so bad! That is so cute (and so darn funny too!). :)

Crafty Jenn said...

Ha ha! I totally love "Erica"! Lol! Terrific altering job. Like the simplicity of the card too.

YAY for GLEE!!! I can't wait!! Then we can start chatting about it again on Wednesdays!

<3 Jenn

WickedPixie said...

I LOVE it!! I am so torn tonight between Glee, American Idol and RuPaul's Drag Race! Good thing I can Tivo 3 things, but nothing else better play on Tuesday nights! :-)Traci

joni h said...

this card is so totally cool! love the bright colors! So fun! Now I'll have to look at WS Eric in a different light! So awesome!

Alice said...

Erica is so chic!!! what a fun altering!! i love love love this, Amy! you ROCK!!! =)

KanataNewf said...

Absolutely adorable! You are the queen of altered images!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Ohhh Amy...I don't even have any words for this, LOL! INSANE cute and clever! Yeah, Idol, Lost, Glee...I'm really wishing there were two of me right now...

Joy said...

this is a great altered image! it really does look like his twin. too cute! you did a lot of work to do that. I will definitely have to check out that tutorial. TFS and have a good day!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Tammi said...

Well of course I LOVE what you did with this, she's amazing, love the color of her shirt...always a fab job coloring! Super cute!

Marsha said...

Oh my gosh ! Love what you did with this stamp ;-) she looks sooo cute :-D The MM papers are great too ;-)

Marsha

Joy said...

You are too funny! I love it!!!!