Saturday, April 24, 2010

Some beach... somewhere

Welcome to the weekend my friends!

Sad to say I've got to work it again so not much play time for me the next couple days. That must be what inspired my card today... I was channeling my inner worker-bee self onto a beautiful sunny beach with the waves tickling my toes and nothing to do but r-e-l-a-x. ;)

At least it looks like little Anya is enjoying herself, LOL! Yep, I altered Yoga Anya just a bit by wiping away her pants and re-drawing in some bare legs. I also added the sunglasses from the Summer Wardrobe set to complete her beachy ensemble. I did have to draw a beach towel and trashy romance novel for her to chill with too. :)
Oh and I think I finally nailed that sun tanned look that I've been going for, though it looks right on the edge of turning into a nasty burn so Anya maybe should start to think about heading into the cabana soon, LOL!
Ok so this card is also based off of Pam's fabby Saturday sketch over at CA&Friends and it couldn't have been more perfect for this little scene I created. If ya hop on over to the CA blog you'll see even more wonderful examples using it from the rest of the team and we encourage you to play along as well!

Alrighty, time for me to get ready for work... see ya manana! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Cosmo Cricket (waves), oooold Paper Patch (sand)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Yoga Anya and Summer Wardrobe set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown chalk ink
Making Memories flowers
brad, button
American Crafts alpha rub-ons
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E21, E13, R20
hair- Y21, Y23, YR21, YR24
swimsuit- Y35, Y38, YR04
towel- RV04, RV06, RV09, RV14
book- BG32, BG23, BG49

29 comments:

Tasha said...

LOL Amy its so had to be done - she totally rocks in her swim wear and shades! Fabulous paper and sentiment
love tasha xx

Kelly Booth said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!! You are Amazing Amy...I just LOVE this Yoga Anya Altered...your card is just Super Duper Fun!!!

gobeagirl said...

OMGosh!!!!! She is just too cute like this. You are so talented my friend. I can not believe just how much Yoga Anya shines (pun intended) on your card. Love, love the colors and yes, she does look ready burn. With that fair haired complextion one much be very careful in the sun..lol....Have a great day at work, I am on the way also. Hugs, Lisa

Kimberly S said...

So cute! You always have something to smile at just waiting to be seen. I think your Anya has the right idea. :)

Shaela said...

SOOO cute! I've been altering up some of the TGF images - you've totally inspired me, *grin*!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, Amy! This is so cool1 I LOVE your altered image! Very cool card!

Leanne said...

Really cute card! It's overcast here so your card has brought in the sunshine. Have a great weekend!

Tonje said...

oohhh, nice and summery card. It fits the weather we've had here in eastern Norway today... well, it's not warm enough for the beach yet, but the sun has been shining all day, and I've been outdoors for five hours enjoing it today.

Queen La Rubba said...

Just stop'n by to say hello!
Super cute, bright and fun card! I love her! great colors!!!! perfect coloring as always!!
Today is the last day to enter in my candy giveaway! Hop on over, I'll send anywhere!
HUGS
Rach ~Queen La Rubba

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow Amy! You've done it again - what a fun alteration. Her tan looks fabulous.

Unknown said...

So adorable! TFS :)

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just adorable!

~* steph :) *~ said...

SOOO cute, amy! love the beach scene :)! love the flower, button, and little book :)! thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day! *hugs* steph :)

RiNNE said...

Oh, I bow to thee, Queen of scenes! This is truly so cute! Love the waves, and is Anya reading Twilight? Because that was what I was reading the last time I was lounging on the beach :). She looks adorable even with some sunburn creeping up! Hope work isn't too busy!

Shirley N said...

She is tooo cute with those huge sunglasses and gorgeous tan. Great altering once again, Amy!!!

WickedPixie said...

OMGOSH! Adorable, Brilliant, Fabulous! I love the altering you have done here and the papers you used! The 3 background strips even add to that "sunset on the beach" feel! :-)Traci

Maria Therese said...

Lots of summer vibes from your card! Perfect paper for the image and so great Coloring!

donna mikasa said...

Amazing altering as always, Amy! (Five A's!) Such a cheerful, summery scene and I love her glowing tan!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh she's adorable, look at those fab sunglasses! Wish I was there...!
:o)

1LuvnMama said...

Hey, do I spy another mermaid in the background? :) hee, hee -- hint to see more peeks into your new line. Luv the beachy Anya . . . it's actually a gorgeous day here in Hawaii nei with blue skies! :) Have a great weekend Amy!

Alice said...

LOL! this is waayyyyyyyyyy cute Amy!! i love love love this!!

Kerry said...

Oh my... absolutely darling!! What a beach babe! :)

Loz said...

Too cute Amy!!

Jenn said...

Adorable card!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Too cute! :)

Randi said...

So cute Amy! Yoga Anya looks perfect as a beach girl!! You are always so clever!! I definitely think you need to break out your H20s!! I'm sure you'd make incredible stuff with them! Especially with those EXQUISITE NEW MERMAIDS!!! Can't wait til they're available!!

Stamping Cafe said...

I just love your cards, Amy!! Always bright and cheery...you ROCK!!

Juls said...

just too fabulous! Love the button detail! hugs juls

Angela said...

I saw this Saturday and didn't have time to comment!! SHE IS JUST WHAT CAN I SAY FABULOUS< ADORABLE!! I just love seeing all your imaginations come to life!! And that background paper is perfect!!
Hugs:)
Angela