Thursday, April 15, 2010

Anya in the spotlight

Good morning!

I don't know what the weather is like where you are but I have to say, it has been positively beautiful here. We are finally starting to see the first of the sunny, warm spring days that I've been anxious for and it is wonderful! Add that to me still riding my Glee high and life is pretty darn good, LOL! ;)

So you may have seen this new Anya popping up, heck... you may even own her already if you took advantage of the pre-sale last week but today is the official release date for the brand new Spotlight set over at The Greeting Farm! Now, I've given Spotlight Anya a bit of a hair cut on my card today but she is super cute with her long locks too. You know me... I'm a sucker for those smilie eyes. :)
And I know that TGF is marketing this set for scrapbooking but I actually got it because I thought the different elements would be fun on my cards, so even if you don't do much scrapping don't count this one out. I mean, just look at those cutie stars and there are a lot of other fun images and sentiments too!

If that's not enough excitement for you, they are starting up a new scrappin' challenge over at the TGF blog every Thursday so you won't want to miss checking that out as well. :)

Speaking of challenges... I actually made my card for this week's Quixotic challenge to use metal embellishments. It was a great excuse to pull out these oooooold metal rim tags and finally put them to use. They were one of those 'must have' embellies back in the day and I built up quite a collection of them that have just sat in a drawer totally neglected. Well... five down, only about fifty left to go LOL!

Alrighty, it's time for me to go to work. Hope your day is wonderful my friends! :) Supply list:
cardstock- DCWV and PTI
paper- Reminisce (birthday text)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Spotlight set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox blackbird chalk ink
Making Memories metal rim tags and brad
May Arts ribbon
American Crafts rub-on sentiment
Sakura clear glaze pen and stardust pen
Copic spica clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- E44, E47, E49
clothes and stars- V12, V15, V17, E40, E41, 0, YG01, YG03, YG25, RV23, RV25, RV29, Y11, Y13, Y15, BG02, BG05, BG07, Y38, YR15, YR04, BG000

34 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card, and so cute background Amy ;)

♥Rach♥ said...

LOVE the stars and the fun, happy colors! Super fun card Amy :0)

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is so adorable. I just love her haircut. The stars look so cute as the background paper. Have a great day. Lisa

Tammi said...

She's adorable, love her hair...cute & fun!

Shaela said...

that little Anya is so sweet... still trying to decide if I'll get the kit, hmmm

kris said...

Amy this is wonderful!! very colorful and full of happiness!! and you did a fab job with adding those metal tags! clever idea... hope all is well!! =D

Anonymous said...

super cute Amy! love how you balanced the patterned papers w/one being a circle and matted...and then the complementary solid circles... love your designing and coloring! Always inspiring!
Pam Going Postal

~* steph :) *~ said...

love your CUTE and cheerful card, amy! it brightened my morning! thanks for sharing :)! have a wonderful day! *hugs* steph :)

Jessica Diedrich said...

So, SO cute! She's so happy and bright-I love it!

donna mikasa said...

So cute and colorful! I'm not a scrapper, either, but grabbed the set for cardmaking! Spotlight Anya is just too cute with her shorter hair!

Kelly Booth said...

So cute Amy....LOVE your SUPER card!!!!!

Tasha said...

*big smile* this is the cutest card ever! Gorgeous colours and i love how youutilised the star stamps
love tasha xx

Anonymous said...

Your designs are always such a tasty treat to the eyes. Love stopping by your blog and enjoying your talents.

Leanne said...

Sweet card Amy! I love the coloring on the stars!! And Anya's short locks are in this season! Happy Thursday!

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Amy. I love the background papers!
Clairex

WickedPixie said...

I love those smiley face stars behind her! What a great card! And I agree - I never scrapbook anymore but I LOVE the fonts on the sentiments in this set and bought it for that!! :-)Traci

Melissa S said...

Too totally cute Amy!!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Amy what a darling card and way to knock off 5 of those once must haves! Beth

1LuvnMama said...

Oh la la! Happy happy joy joy! Luv all the stars for the background in different rainbow colors! So much fun! :)

Alice said...

too sweet! such a happy card! love those colors!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just adorable! I love all the stars!

Stamping Cafe said...

Super duper adorable and happy card, Amy!! Loving all of your recent cards and stamp images, I got to get some of your new fairies!! :)

Mel said...

Gee I cannot wait for Glee to come back on here, love the card today, so bright and cheery, just like the gorgeous weather here today also.

Joy said...

what a cheerful and bright card...love that you altered her a bit. too cute! have a good night!

Randi said...

Amazing card Amy!! I love the stars in the background!! So cute!!! And, wonderful bright colors, too!!!

SemSee said...

This is FABULOUS Amy! I was looking at your supplies list to see who made that gorgeous star paper and realised it was you, hee hee!! Love it! Hugs, Sem x

Angela said...

Amy she is super cute with her shorter hair!! Love the star paper you created with the kit!!!
Hugs:)
Angela

kadie said...

Amy, I just LOVE this! It's so bright and happy and brings a huge smile to my face! I love the colors you chose too! Super cute!

RiNNE said...

YESS! I also have so many of those metal rim thing-a-majigs!!! Great job on using up old supplies and on the challenge! Spotlight Anya is super cute with her hair cut and I love what you did with the stars as the background! Lovely, Amy!

Jodi said...

I love the cute stars and how you made this adorable birthday card!! She is so sweet!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Unknown said...

Amazing Amy! Your cards just always blow me away! Thanks for playing in Quixotic Challenges-hope to see you again next week too! Rowena xxx

Marsha said...

Your card is sooo cute ! I loooove the starry background too ;-) I'm so happy because I won this set of stamps with the Scrap Hop at the TGF blog :-D Can't wait till I receive it and play with it ;-) I'm probably going to use it for a few cards because I don't scrap that much (oops) ...

Marsha

JenRaff said...

Fantastic card -- the background is awesome!

Crafty Jenn said...

Love this! So bright and cheery. Spotlight Anya is very fun. Do you know how many of those "must-have" tags I still have? Too many! Lol! Great way to use them up!

<3 Jenn