Friday, April 9, 2010

Make me laugh

Hola chicas!

I'm still running around like a chicken with it's head chopped off so this is gonna be another quickie... kinda like the card I have to share with you today. :)

Last night when I got home from work it had been quite a day and I needed to just sit and relax. So I parked myself at the craft table and made it my mission to create a card using only stuff that was residing in the clutter found there. And this is what I came up with.
The sentiment came from a journaling notebook and for some reason it was really speaking to me. Then I had to figure out who would be joining it on my card. That's where Charlotte comes in... I thought the look on her face was perfect but the rest of her didn't quite work, plus I just didn't have room for the whole image. So luckily I had a light bulb moment and came up with this quickie alteration... now she looks like a gal trying hard not to start laughing. And the rest of the embellishing is a mix of my usual go-tos... buttons, pearls, ribbon. ;)

Anywho, today's my day off so I'm hoping to play with some card ideas that I've been kicking around for a bit and have those to share with you all soon. :)

Oh and sadly I missed out on the Oprah show with the Glee cast the other day but thankfully there are only four more days to wait! Yeah!

Thanks for dropping by! Supply list:
cardstock- Cardstock Warehouse kraft and PTI
paper and 4x6 journaling card- We R memory keepers (vintage blue)
stamp- Kraftin Kimmie (Moonlight Whispers Charlotte)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Kaiser Craft pearls
buttons
ribbon
Maya Road stick pin
Copic Spice glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- E55, E57, E59, E49
clothes- V01, V05, V06

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omgosh What a cute card, Love how you altered Charlotte, she's one of my favours.
Another beautiful creation, enjoy your day off :)
Suzi
xxx

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, this turned out GREAT! I love that sentiment! Great alteration as always!! Have a great day, Amy!

Maria Therese said...

Cool card and I love the sentiment!

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is just too darn cute. I love the colors and just how everything came together. Have a great day off. I hope you have sunshine.. We never got snow the other day, but we had a wind storm yesterday that could blow you away. Ahhh spring in the basin. :D Lisa

Unknown said...

So nice card! TFS :)

Rosa Forino said...

beautiful creation and beautiful stamp

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Oooo, I love the tag and the altered Kimmie! So cute :)

Enjoy your day off and weekend!
hugs, margie

♥Rach♥ said...

Fantastic sentiment and superb use of Kimmie!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Your altering pizazz knows no boundaries, oh clever one! I LOVE this, and even moreso love the quote!!!!

Shaela said...

beautiful card - that image is perfect paired with the journaling card!

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a cute card! love the sentiment, buttons, and pearls. thanks for sharing :)! have a wonderful friday, amy! *hugs* steph

Marley said...

Wow I love it!! Great sentiment.. beautiful image and colouring! xxxMarley

Kim said...

What a perfect card with a perfect image!

Marlene said...

Adorable!! Love everything about this! (And I can't wait for Glee, either!)

Alice said...

so fun! love the altering once again! love that journaling/sentiment tag!

donna mikasa said...

Brilliant! Love the altered Charlotte and how you used goodies "residing in the clutter" to make this? Amazing....Have a great weekend!

Leanne said...

Fantastic card Amy! It makes me smile! =)
Enjoy your day off and can't wait to see what you have in store for us next.
xxx

Jen Shults said...

That is such an amazing sentiment! I really really love this card, it's gorgeous!

Joy said...

hey talented lady...if you can create such awesome cards like this with just your "clutter" I am in awe! love that sentiment too and she totally matches it! great job! hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Mel said...

Gorgeous, I just love the stamp with sentiment.

WickedPixie said...

Amy, this is great! I agree completely with her expression fitting that fabulous saying! :-)Traci

1LuvnMama said...

OMGosh, that's just perfect! Can't believe you come up with stuff like this in such a quickie moment! :) Luv it!

Btw, watched Oprah and enjoyed the cast and great talent! Confession, never watch a season of glee but I might have to now after seeing how wonderful they sing and dance!

BJ said...

AMY!!!! You are such a brat!!! This is soooo cute.

Tasha said...

This is fabulous Amy, such a fab sentiment. Love your altering too. I think there need to be more images that can peer over or out from the sentiment

love tasha xx

RiNNE said...

Cute!! I love that sentiment and your altered Charlotte is perfect! The colors are great too!! That Oprah episode was fantastic except i thought they'd do more than one number! Maybe you can look it up on the Internet. So excited for Tues!

PS. Thnx for your comment/vote :).

Sparkplug17 said...

Just darling!

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the colours, and the way you have her popping over the top of the tag!! stunning!! hugs Juls

Crafty Jenn said...

Haha! Such a cute idea!

Sad you missed Glee on Oprah. It was great! Maybe it's available online....