Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Express yourself, hey, hey, hey, hey

Hello my fellow Gleeks!
Are you feeling empowered this morning? LOL

Can I just say that my face was a bit tired after grinning all the way through last night's episode... I found it absolutely delightful... "When I pulled a hamstring I went to the misogynist." chuckle, chuckle!
I may have even sung along with a song or two, much to the moaning and groaning of my fellow Gleeks in the room. What can I say? I was not blessed in the vocals department... I've got the will but not the way. Maybe that's why I love this show so much, I can live vicariously through the musicality of New Beginnings. :)

Ok, that's all I'm going to say about Glee, now it's time to tell you about the new challenge over at ATS today and this time we want to see some sewing on your cards. It can be machine stitched, hand sewn or even faux stitching created by pen, rub-ons or stamps... the possibilities are nearly endless!
For my card I decided it was high time to dust off the ol' sewing machine and put it to work. I love the look that stitching adds and really should be doing it more often but to be perfectly honest I'm just a bit lazy when I usually think about doing some sewing... especially when I can just cheat and quickly rub some faux stitching on, LOL! But not today! Today it's the real deal and I even broke out the hot pink thread to match Clover's skirt. ;)
Ok, now it's your turn to play along and remember, every week there is a new and exciting prize being offered and in order to be eligible to win, your card must include a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10pm est and only one entry per person please!

Thanks for stopping by!
Supply list:
cardstock- Cardstock Warehouse and PTI
paper and chipboard vine- Basic Grey (Green at Heart)
stamps- Sweet November (Clover Greenfield)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Kaiser Craft gems
American Crafts alpha rub-ons
Making Memories printed twill
button
machine stitching
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20, RV29
hair- YR15, YR16, YR18, E09
eyes- YG13, YG17, G07
clothes- RV23, RV25, RV29, R46, V05, V06, V09, YG95, YG97, YG99
wings- R30, R20, R32, R43

34 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow Amy! She's adorable in her pink skirt. I love the swirly leaves.

Unknown said...

so weet, Amy! I agree, love those swirly leaves! Very pretty!

Tasha said...

Stunning card Amy, its so pretty, great colours and awesome layout
love tasha xx

Kelly Booth said...

She is so Cute Amy!!! I LOVE the way you colored her.....

Kimberly S said...

So cute, and what gorgeous colors! :)

Tammi said...

Love it, bright...fun...and so cute!

Melissa S said...

Beautiful card Amy! I've been listening to Madonna all morning! It was a fantastic show last night!

donna mikasa said...

Clover is just gorgeous--love her skirt! The stitching really adds the perfect touch, especially that hot pink thread!

Glee was awesome as ever and the last song/performance was a knockout!

WickedPixie said...

Hi Amy! What a fabulous card! I love the vine behind her and her face is stunning! Your really outdid yourself coloring her!! (Though your coloring is always wonderful!) :-)Traci

Danni said...

Love the happy, vibrant colors on this gorgeous creation!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful! TFS :)

Shaela said...

beutiful! love the green and orange color combo :)

Kim said...

Beautiful, the coloring is fabulous!

Mary said...

Love your card but even more enjoy your Glee comments - I am a fellow Gleek all the way!
Nothing beat the line last week that dolphins are gay sharks - I bust a gut!

Tonje said...

Well done on digging out the sewing machine... it payed off... Your card is great (as always...)

Shirley N said...

OMG this is such a great card, love that vine by Clover and your colors. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Marlene said...

Fantastic beautiful bright card! (I'm a Gleek, too! Loved the comment about the elves baking cookies in Shue's hair!)

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card I love it!!

Crafty Jenn said...

OMGosh!! Glee last night was fabby! Totally rolling with that exact quote from Brittany! Even better than her comment last week. Too funny!

Loving your card! Great stitching. Clover looks quite at home with that Green at Heart dp. She's definately on my wish list!

<3 Jenn

1LuvnMama said...

You got me watching that darn show Amy! When I saw the cast on Oprah and they're talent, it just blew me away! I'm hooked! Last nights episode was hilarious! :)
On to the card . . . amazing as usual! Awesome stitching too! :) Luv the frills and fu-fu-ness on her dress!

Mel said...

Stop it your tormenting me, Glee isn't starting here for what seems like ages, I cannot wait, my little man and I dance around the lounge, and by the way, what a gorgeous card my dear friend.

Kerry said...

Gorgeous card Amy, LOVE her pink hair, what a masterpiece! :)

RiNNE said...

Ahhh..my favorite parts were the Borderline/ Open Your Heart rendition and the Like A Virgin triple saga. Loved that episode! And your stitching is wonderful! Clover looks so pretty!

Alice said...

Clover is so pretty! love the green leaf swirl and the ribbon tab! fab card!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. She is sooooo cute. I just love how you sewed on your card. I have 2 machines and I never use them on my cards or sb pages...Madie is doing better and we are hoping to get her to school tomorrow. Thanks for all of your concern. We laughed so much during Glee. Jerry says he could watch it every day of the week. lol...Hugs, Lisa

Joy said...

what a lovely card. I need to learn how to stitch too, so I can play along =) love all the different DP used and your coloring of the image is fabulous! have a good hump day!

Jodi said...

Amy, I just love Glee and loved last night's Madonna mania!! It was awesome!! Well, I am not surprised with your card... it's another Awesome creation!! I loved creating for this challenge with the sewing!! =) Your colors are so vibrant and I love the way you did her dress!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Angela said...

Amy, this is just stunning!!! You have colored her so beauitfully!! I just love this card!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card! I love how you did her skirt.

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

LOVE Glee! And your card is beautiful too!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very cute, Amy! I love the bright colors, and your coloring and stitching rocks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy - love how you colored her hair! I have to try this combo! Another cool card design! Love the half circle behind her and the vine chipboard...just cool! Love the multiple lines of stitching for bordering the circle and straight piece...and then you fit the sentiment in there just perfectly...sorry for studying your card but I can't help it! ♥ grin♥
Pam Going Postal

Leanne said...

I used to sew (clothes & make bags) all the time. Who knows if my machine is still working, let alone if I can stitch straight! lol.. I love the dimensional design on Clover's skirt. And the vibrant pinks and oranges you used. Great card!

mycardz said...

Ahhh, how nice to see that you are a Glee fan - I just LOVE it too! Almost as much as I love your card! The colors are amazing and all the great details - It's perfect! :D