Monday, May 8, 2017

My happy place...

Good morning!

It's been a few weeks but I finally made time to re-join the fun and play along in the current sketch challenge over on the MFT challenge blog. I've actually had this cute Spring Friends Pure Innocence stamped up for over a year so when I saw the sketch I knew she would work. I love how my friend Tracey adds bangs to these PI cuties so I did the same once I got to coloring and I am so happy with how she looks! At first I was a bit lost on what kind of scene to put her in but I guess I was inspired by the gorgeous day we had yesterday and the view of the lake with the forest beyond that I was enjoying. So I just grabbed my markers and started winging it. It was a bit nerve wracking at first but once it all started coming together I was glad I had tackled that challenge. And since I do feel blessed to live in such a beautiful area, and it truly is my happy place, the sentiment was kind of a no brainer, LOL!  ;)

Laters!   
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Bazzill
stamps- My Favorite Things (Spring Friends Pure Innocence and More Essential sentiments set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle die
Simon Says Stamp cloud bank die
My Favorite Things radiant sun die
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, BV20
hair- E35, E57, E59
clothes- B91, B93, B95, B97, Y11, Y04, Y08, BV20, RV25, RV29, YG25, E84, E87, E89
grass- YG00, YG01, YG03, YG25, YG17
sky- B0000, B000, 0
lake- B01, B02, B04, E41, G40, G21
forest- YG67, G29, G28, E43, E44, G24, G94
butterfly- RV10, RV11, RV34, E34, E25

3 comments:

Julie D. Richards said...

Beautiful job. Love the shadows cast in the water.

Tracey Ann said...

Wow... just makes you want to sit next to her and take in the beauty. So lovely, and she is beyond cute... her little shirt is darling! Kinda likin' those bangs, as well! ;)

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is Amazing looking!!! Needs to be Framed!!! The scene you created is FABULOUS!!!! Love her cute bangs too!!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke