Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Big Birthday Wishes...

Hi there!

It's Tuesday and you know what that means... time for my weekly 7 Kids Your Crafting Supply Store card creation. To be honest, I came into this week not having a solid plan for today's card which is unusual for me. Normally, I've gotten a new stamp or have a technique I want to play with so I know generally what I'm going to do well in advance. This time though, Monday hit and I still had no idea. So I sat down and started flipping through my stamps until this fun Candle Blowing birthday girl from CC Designs caught my eye. I always love the challenge of coloring candle glow and I decided to make it really dramatic by coloring the background dark grey... like all of the lights have been turned off for the song and celebration. So I did that and was happy with how it turned out but she was looking rather lonely all by herself in that dark room so I grabbed the older Surprise! set and stamped in a couple of fellow party goers. By keeping them in grey tones with only touches of candle glow the birthday girl remains the star of the show. Then I found the perfect sentiment in Jessie's new Happy Birthday to You set from Whimsy to pull it all together. I guess the lesson to take away is that sometimes 'winging it' can lead to fun ideas and results!

There is still plenty of time to enter this month's challenge over on the 7 Kids blog. Kelly has an awesome $20 gift certificate up for grabs and you could be the lucky winner so get to creating and join the fun!  

Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Bazzill
stamps- CC Designs (Roberto's Rascals Candle Blowing and Surprise! set), Whimsy Stamps (Happy Birthday to You set), My Favorite Things (mirror image stamp)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Versamark clear
American Crafts Zing white embossing powder
Doodlebug Sprinkles
My Favorite Things wonky stitched rectangle die
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E13, R00, R20
hair- YR23, E09, E18, E59
clothes- RV21, RV14, RV29, V05, V06, RV69, Y13, Y15, Y17, Y28, C00, C1, C2, C5, C7, C10, B01, B04, B39, YG00, YG21, YG25
cake- E34, E35, E37, RV29
frosting/candle- RV10, RV52, V05, Y15, Y17, YG21, YG17
table- E43, E44, E47
glow- Y00, Y02, Y04, Y11
background- W2, W3, W4, W5, W6, W8, W9

4 comments:

Danni said...

Oh my goodness!! This is so creative and stunning!! You are amazing!

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh my this is so AWESOME looking!!!! You really out did yourself on this creation!!! We love it all!!!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Julie D. Richards said...

Oh my, that is one mighty candle. Love it. Hugs.

Tracey Ann said...

Amy!!!! Your last minute creation just turned out amazing! Love how you added additional party goers... and the reflection of the candle is awesome. Love this!