Sunday, February 21, 2010

Gnome, sweet gnome

Hello, hello my stampin' sisters! I hope everyone is enjoying a lovely Sunday with plenty of time to stamp and craft today. :)

I finished the Sweet November Stamps badge yesterday and have placed it in my sidebar, if anyone is interested in adding it to their blog all you have to do is right click and save it to your computer to use it. Hope you like! :)

As soon as I saw that the Quixotic challenge for this week was to create something for your mom, I knew I wanted to play along. Ideas would come and go but for days nothing perfect was coming to mind and it just had to be perfect. So I kept putting it off until inspiration finally hit with the arrival of an order of new Cosmo Cricket papers... mmmmm... I LOVE new papers, LOL! ;)
And as soon as I spied the happy veggies paper from the Garden Variety line, the wheels began to turn. You see, my mom loves her garden, every spring she can't wait to get out there and plant all her veggies (some grow more successfully than others heeheehee) and I also knew just what stamps I wanted to use too.
A few years ago she had given me this Garden Gnome stamp set which we both thought was really cute. I used it once but since the images really need to be colored in (and this was before I was introduced to the wonderful world of Copics) it has kinda been neglected since then. So now was the time for the Gnome to make his come back... and boy, has he! I created this scene using a bunch of different stamps from the set, now Gnomey is working his magic getting his little garden started. And just look at those smiling veggies... we all know that peas and carrots are a pretty easy audience but any gnome that can get a tomato to smile is A-OK in my book (I think it must be all that acidity that effects their attitude) LOL ;)

I plan on including an IOU note for "one trip to the greenhouse this spring" when I give it to Mom... she'll like that. And I know I just spoiled the surprise because she reads this blog but she's such a snoop that she would have found it early anyway... Mom, ya know I tease because I love. ;)

Alrighty, that's all I've got today... hasta manana!


Supply list:
cardstock- GP and PTI
paper- Cosmo Cricket (Garden Variety)
stamps- Oriental Trading Company (Gnome set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Paper Trey Ink twine
buttons
K&Co rub on stitches
Computer font- Comic Sans
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20
beard- E40, E41, 0
clothes- R05, R08, E07, YG23, YG25, YG17, E55, E57, E59
pots- E95, E97, E99
everything else- C0, C1, C3, Y15, Y19, Y17, BG0000, BG000, YG23, YG25, YG17, G07, E55, E57, E59

34 comments:

MicheyMoo said...

Awwww Amy.....this is totally gorgeous!! What is it with Mothers and gnomes??? My mum loves her little gnome and he has followed her through a few moves and dramas in recent years. Bright cheery colours tooo....I guess you Northerners must be hankering after your spring, huh. ;)

I plan on making my mum another cheery get well card this week and may just use this as an inspiration. Might have to poke my head into my local scrapping shop tomorrow to see if they have any gnome-like stamps....otherwise it'll be freehand drawing and that's just a wee bit scary for a drawing-challenge so-n-so like moi.

And I saw your badge earlier and was totally stoked!! I'm definitely gonna paste that one in my sidebar.

Hope your weekend is going super-sensationally. Hugs, M xxx

☼ Cheryl* said...

That is so cute! Your mom is going to LOVE it!

Tasha said...

Oh Amy this is magical! What a beautiful stamp and it goes beautifully with your new paper.Its such a gorgeous card
love tasha xx

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

This is adorable! We have so much snow I probably won't get to plant anything in my vegetable patch before June :-)

Rosa Forino said...

you cards is beautiful....
come del resto tutto quello che realizzi complimenti

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, what a cute card. I love it.

♥Rach♥ said...

I'm pretty sure that's one of the cutest cards ever!!!! I LOVE that little gnome guy, he's just adorable and your sentiment is just too flippin awesome!!! She's gonna love it :0)

PS: Love the new add, will add it to my blog later today!

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, this is just soooo sweet. I love your colors. They are just so rich you can actually smell the rich earth.hehehe...I love terra-couta pots, and your just look so real. Great job! Your Mom is so going to love this....Happy Sunday to you, Lisa

Lisa G. said...

Very nice!! Your mom will love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, he's the cutest gnome i've seen, so adorable. Loving your card as always, I'm sure your mum will too, such a beautiful bright cheerful card, sure to bring a smile to anyone's face :)

Thank you for sharing your awesome talent with us:)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Suzi
xxx

Unknown said...

Your card is awesome! Your mom will love it :)

Domna said...

WOW! Great work,Amy! Love all details! Hugs for your MOM from Russia! :)

Leanne said...

Cute little gnome! The scene on your card is so cute it makes me want to go into the garden and plant something! haha.. Wonderful card Amy, your mom's gonna love it!

RiNNE said...

Amy, your mom sounds as wonderful as you! What a great blog post! I was smiling the whole way through!

What an adorable card! I never knew Oriental Trading Co. made such cute stamps. Love everything about the scene, especially that awesome gnome! And that veggie CC PP is perfect!

I'm sure your mom will loooooove it! She must be so proud of you!

Leah l'Orange said...

:)

i love the image - how ridiculously cute is he?!
and the paper is AWESOME. i need that stack!

1LuvnMama said...

Ive never considered gnomes to be cute or adorable but I likey on this card! ;) OH, I'm grabbin' your badge!

Serafiia said...

Such adorable card! Your coloring is awesome as always and the papers look fab.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

LOL! I love this lil gnome!!! Such a sweet card for your Mom :)
Thanks for the SN badge! It's so pretty!!!

Hope you're enjoying your weekend :)
hugs, margie

Unknown said...

This is a fantastic card, Amy! I am your mom will love it! Great scene and I love that sentiment!

donna mikasa said...

Cutest little gnome! Your mom's gonna love this, surprise or not! The new CC papers are perfect--just delish!

Maria Therese said...

Tihi..so cute!!

Tracey Feeger said...

Very cute. Love the stamps and I want that DP so badly. I want all the new Quite Contrary range from MME too.
mwah
Trace

Erin- said...

Heehee! I LOVE this card!! The paper, the coloring, the stamp, the sentiment! It all comes together perfectly for a happy little card.

Also--Who knew you could get such a cute stamp from OTC?!

Erin- said...

I also meant to say that I really like the way that you colored the dirt! That's just awesome.

Angela said...

Sorry I've been MIA here lately!!! Amy this is so adorable!!! Your Mom will love it!! We plant a small garden every year, but most of the time my husband keeps it up. I always take my Mom fresh veggies from our garden, especially tomatoes, her favorite.
Hugs:)
Angela

WickedPixie said...

Love, love, love this adorable card and the story that went with it has me ginning....so sweet it's for your mom! :-)Traci

Alice said...

ahhhhhhh... your coloring is just so perfect, Amy!! I stared at your card for a loooooooonge time... love love love this, girl! you ROCK!!

Susie Sugar said...

How sweet is this card excellent xx

Tammi said...

A fabulous card, love your coloring and how you did the ground! My mom loves going to the greenhouse (so do I) ;) your mom will love it!

Stamping Cafe said...

What a fabulous card, Amy! Your cards are always so happy and gorgeous, love it!!

Ελευθερία said...

i really like gnomes... and fruit...
but the combination is supreme!!!
always enjoy looking at your cards!!!

JenRaff said...

That gnome is just too cute!!! Your mom will love it!

MarkerGeek said...

Amy this is awesome!!!!! That gnome is SO cute.

Thank you for playing along at Quixotic Challenges!

crafty amy said...

This is just way too sweet for words I have to try and find this set. When I first saw it I thought they were more of your creations lol :D Even if your Mum has wrecked her surprise she will still love it.

Hugs

Amy xx